Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews welcome!

Hi all!

Although my site is about 70% completed, I wouldn't mind some feedback before it goes live so to speak. Once inside you'll get the genral idea of what it's objective is. It has a little bit of everything including lightbox's, roll-over's and more.

You can sneak through the back door by going to www.exportbc.com and then clicking on the little red maple leaf in the header.

Thanks!

Danny

Re: Reviews welcome!

I love it, it looks amazing, all the best.
    It is really so pro, wonderful use of colors and hierarchy.

Comment

so far so good. will check back later to see how it's coming along. But for now, great job!

Comment

Jeeez Danny....really nice job. Best of luck with it.
        Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Good start.
          The colors seem to work very well.
          The pale gold text on several pages could be easier to read.
          The Advertisements work better than the product images, or these do not enlarge.

Good luck with it, will come back to it.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Very good job, I like the colors and the idea of using pictures as menu buttons.
            Alas

Comment

Hey Danny

Looks good so far. I had a little bit of difficulty reading the text I don't know how it will look if you increase the font size or maybe change the color as bill said.

Great work
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi, real good looking site. Can see you have put a lot of work into this one.
                Like the way it works with the images. As Bill says! Not sure on the text size & colour. Changing one or the other may help for reading.
                The problem with viewing is that some are on crt’s & others on LCD & all will look slightly different.
                On the design side it feels that the whole centre of the page could be lifted to enable viewing of more of the working area. But in saying this, i do have 4 tool bars at the top of the screen, but would also assume many others do as well.
                Didn’t check all of them, but noticed not many of the images have any ALT text. (Every bit helps with the SE,s)
                Ah! On the SE part, I noticed there is no Meta tags as yet? But maybe this is to come. One problem you may have is the lack of text content for the se’s to pick up on with each page. Think you will have to be careful on this part.
                Bump this one up again when you have done some more. It’s a real good example of what can be done with BV with your style & approach. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Good luck.

PS, Which script did you use for the mouse over or was it BV’s?
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Have made a few changes and tweaked a few things.

1) As for the font size, I have chosen this size ( because it would almost double the size of each page.

2) Have lighten the text color which may help address #1 above.

3) as for the meta tags, I am leaving a few items to the end (as it is not so much a design feature) and really am trying to get the look and flow first. Showed it to one of my clients (who is waiting for it to go up) and he could not believe what I had designed for his company product. Asked if I would redo his own site!

4) as for the alt text, the roll-over feature has no field that will allow you to enter any alternative text. This would be ideal for the mouse-over for each product or company. I have asked this question before!

Have a quick boo again.

Thanks for the message(s) through my "Contacts" page. And, thank you to all for the kind words.

Sincerely,

Danny Canada

Comment

Danny, I am really impressed!!! I'm also homesick now, Thanks alot! I grew up in Seattle, and love the northwest. Your site is really looking fantastic.
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Swell sized fonts. I heard this font size issue many many times. I think many of these guys would need reading glasses but they just won't admit it:)
                      Its well in balance, colors work smooth and index puts you in to the right mood for BC shopping...

www.planet-360.com It's all over the place!

www.DomainAle.Com Cheers!

www.0-0-9.Com - who called?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto
                        Swell sized fonts. I heard this font size issue many many times. I think many of these guys would need reading glasses but they just won't admit it:)
                        Its well in balance, colors work smooth and index puts you in to the right mood for BC shopping...
                        Thanks for your comments Cornuto!!

I really appreciate it!

Believe it not I have already had a Vodahost customer contact me about possibly being a dealer for one of the products in my showcase!

Danny

Comment

Nice work Danny
                          Site looks real professinal I like the lighthouse and rollovers. Did you use the software for the slideshow effect on opening screen. I started Monday on my site -95% finished. We Voda people now.
                          www.dietdon.com
                          Lose the Weight

Comment

I am really impressed ... it is looking great ... I'll be back to see more ...
                            kym, merlin & tala
                            creating white majick
                            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                            www.merlinsmajick.com
                            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Looking good so far, well layed out and obviously a lot of thought put into it. My only quibble is that it seems a liitle dark and could make it a little hard to see for some people. Maybe think about lightening it up a little??
                              Great work so far, keep it up
                              Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                              FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
                              X