Are there fatal errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there fatal errors?

If someone who has experience in the area of site building could/would take a look at my work so far, it would give me some peace of mind. The site is far from finished, but I think one can see the pattern developing. This is my first and would like to add to it lots of stuff but if I'm doing something drastically wrong right up front, it would be best to know that and change it now. Google has me ranked by the site name. I've not moneytized it yet but did put adsense in until I can get the other ads built. Your response is precious to me.

Dorothy
    http://www.homespunways2.com
    contact@homespunways2.com
    This is Dorothy with

Re: Are there fatal errors?

Hi Dorothy

For the most part you are doing things right, keep your pages at the '800 width, right click properties and tick center in browser ... I would just try and line things up a little neater so that your page goes uniformly down ...
    Also in page properties you can choose a nice "title" for your page - NOTE - this is different than naming, saving and publishing ...

You might consider lighting up the middle panel of your page, it is kind of dark and so is your text - a white middle or paler purple would work well in there ....

but looks like you are on your way, good luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Doing fine,
      Agree with LE's comments and would add a suggestion to tweak text spacing. For example middle of the page you have lot of blanks.
      "HomespunWays challenges you, the reader, to....................
      bring into your life smiles that light up faces;"
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi, like most of us you will be changing your site many times until you like it. Lol
        Some sort of uniformity through out the site would be nice. For me, I liked these colours on this page http://www.homespunways2.com/talkoffreebies.html with a white centre for the text. But that is for me & many may like another style.
        With your Google ads there are many clever designers building the adds into the site to look like part of the sites menu system. So it can sometimes be good to blend the colours with the site to get more clicks.
        Your top banner looks a lot nicer as the original & not stretched to fit a space.
        You’re off to a good start, & its fun learning.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi There,
          I like a website when the design is simple in all his pages.
          I think it will be easier for the viewer to remember your site.
          I like this page : http://www.homespunshortstories.blogspot.com/
          Also, I think that the best style is the old black ( or dark grey) and white style for text, and may be sometimes a lite color background.
          Try to keep the AdSense at the bottom of the page, otherwise it looks like on of this sites that people put together just to sell advertisement.
          I think you want to communicate a nice peaceful message which is far from the everyday stress we all face.
          So, maybe keep it simple and easy to navigate.
          Keep working on it, I think you will make a great website.
          Alas

Comment

Good start. When i went to your opinion page (I think) I went to a page for the blog and it took me away from where I was, and then when I hit the home at the pottom it took me back to the opinion page. Maybe it was me and my fingers. Keep up the good work, you are doing good.
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Looking good, just a few more tweaks which are mentioned above. I noticed the 'Rated by Ikarma' box at the bottom looks a little of positioning so possibly move to the right a little.

I also noticed that you have a large white blank area to the right of the webpage. Doesn't really bother me as all the content is on my page but you might want to try and get rid of it to make your site look more professional.

Geat start, keep up the good work
              Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
              FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Bless each and every one of you for your kind and greacious remarks. Yes, I agree with each and every thing said. Does one ever actually get through with their pages? I think not. It's great fun and I don't want to look like the kindergarten child who wandered onto the college campus by mistake. This has be a great help - to have the view from another's eyes. Thanks ever so much. Dorothy of HomespunWays
                This is Dorothy with

Comment

I agree with Chris’s comments on having more uniformity. Some pages are larger than others and not centred, this is quite easy to fix. Also it would be better to be able to navigate around the site from any page, at the moment I can only navigate back to the home page from the inner pages.

In my opinion you are better using black text on a white background (or a subtle background) and keeping all the fonts the same. Coloured text on coloured background can be hard to read at times. And keep all backgrounds and text colours the same on each page.

Also the adsense tends to clutter the site up a little. Adsense in the whole usually only works for people who receive good traffic and will have little or no impact on a new site apart from making it cluttered, you are far better building your sites reputation up first and then maybe thinking of adding it….But this is your choice.

Dorothy this is in no way meant to put the site down as I know how hard it is when you first start, I too made a few mistakes. On the whole you have a good start and I wish you luck.

Paul
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                  The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                  Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                  Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                  X