Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New site!! (revised from

Originally posted by AmaDee
    I don't know...go crazy. Look at my website for theme idea. (Just make it a little girly...not too much, just a little)

As you can see, I have insomnia. Too many ideas about the site I told you about...
    Hmm... okay... forgive me because I'm still not understanding. Would you like a personalized avatar similar to what you have, but jazzed up a bit? I'm sorry... I just have no idea what [exactly] you want me to make. :)
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

yes, a personal avatar. But as you can see with the one that I THREW together, it has the initials MD/DM, which could mean DM (Designs by Mapillar) or MD (as in my name, Mapillar D). I would like to keep that theme, if that's possible. But like I said, you can design it however you want with whatever colors you like. I only ask that you girl it up a bit (no animated images, as in animals or people)

Comment

Hey George, you still need to fix the two typos AmaDee spotted on your home page:
        in Canton MI
        member of the Broadway

On your bio page: Band, which
        I'd recast Most recently, George studied at the University of Houston with Joe... and James...

overseas is one word
        pursuing instead of pusing

That's all I have time for now. Your site is very attractive.
        Sarah
        british-cemetery-elvas.org

Comment

Originally posted by Malhoeira
          Hey George, you still need to fix the two typos AmaDee spotted on your home page:
          in Canton MI
          member of the Broadway

On your bio page: Band, which
          I'd recast Most recently, George studied at the University of Houston with Joe... and James...

overseas is one word
          pursuing instead of pusing

That's all I have time for now. Your site is very attractive.
          Sarah - Thank you so much!!!

I honestly think that some of these typos were missed because I just screwed up when I fixed it and re-wrote it. ha!! At least, the pursuing one... I just changed that part a couple days ago, I think. and the "member of the broadway..." I know I messed that up in the edit process... it's correct on my notepad file.

Sweet! I fixed the rest... Thanks very much. :)

(most of this was done late at night too... so I'm not surprised). :)
          George
          www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

yes, a personal avatar. But as you can see with the one that I THREW together, it has the initials MD/DM, which could mean DM (Designs by Mapillar) or MD (as in my name, Mapillar D). I would like to keep that theme, if that's possible. But like I said, you can design it however you want with whatever colors you like. I only ask that you girl it up a bit (no animated images, as in animals or people)
            wow... I didn't even realize you responded... I skipped right past this yesterday and came back again today to see if you replied yet! hahaha! Sometimes I skim right past important stuff.

Let me see what I can come up with... I never really "try" to make anything... it always is a result of something else I'm doing and I just end up going "whoa, that's kinda cool". :)

This avatar was actually part of a photoshop tutorial I was doing, trying to create this bulb-like thing. I was gonna originally use it for my website links page, where I would put the bulb there dark, and with a mouse-over it would light up in color and with the logo of the website inside it. It turned out that they would have to be too big to do that, so I s****ped the idea.

Then when I wanted a new "favicon" I was going for the black/green feel and did about 10 different things that I didn't like. I put it away and didn't think of it.

During the process of deleting old files I wasn't using, I decided to play with this one last time... I was gonna try to put my initials inside the bulb thing, but it looked funny... I just used the G and did several different fonts... found one I thought looked neat... added a bevel and thought "hey, that looks cool!". So, I used it for my favicon and it's now my avatar. :)

So, that's the story on how I come up with things a lot of the time. It's never when I'm trying. So, if whatever I come up with doesn't look cool at first, gimme another shot. :)

I'll be back later. Maybe I'll have something for ya.
            George
            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

ok, I'll keep my box tuned in to Vodaland. The avatar is cool...I wish I could do that.

Oh, and about what I asked in the e-mail, s**** it...too busy and too far into the project to change anything. I'm just going to use what I have now cuz all I have to do is do the articles.

Did you check out the forum link? It's a tribute to something you did on your first site that I thought was waaayyy cool. If you haven't, click on the second link in my siggy. I plan on putting a construction sign up, so if you don't hurry, you won't get to see it until I'm done.

Comment

ok, I'll keep my box tuned in to Vodaland. The avatar is cool...I wish I could do that.

Oh, and about what I asked in the e-mail, s**** it...too busy and too far into the project to change anything. I'm just going to use what I have now cuz all I have to do is do the articles.

Did you check out the forum link? It's a tribute to something you did on your first site that I thought was waaayyy cool. If you haven't, click on the second link in my siggy. I plan on putting a construction sign up, so if you don't hurry, you won't get to see it until I'm done.
                you know what... I didn't even get that e-mail until just now.

For some reason it was in my spam. what the??

man, the past day has been really weird. I kinda took a "day off" from the computer yesterday and all this stuff happened. I missed your reply here and your e-mail back to me ended up in my spam folder. ?? For some reason, this happens to me every once in a long while... but it always happens. hmm...

WOW!!! Thanks for that e-mail. I'll read through it again and check out that stuff now.
                George
                www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

I wish I could take a day off from my computer...must be nice. I have no idea why the mail was sent to your spam box. The e-mail didn't originate through my contact form...at least it didn't seem like it.

Let me know what you think about the site via e-mail. I'm not ready for the forum to take a look yet (which is why I'm about to put up the construction notice).

Comment

for anyone who reads this, could you please come check out my website (www.georgehester.com)and check in Firefox and IE if you have both. My site seems to be all kinda of messed up in Mozilla. :(
                    George
                    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Well done George!!!
                      I had a look at your other site a while back, which i enjoyed, but prefer the look, layout and feel of this site.

"Black" sites are dodge, but you've nailed it with your colour combo's. We forget about what goes into the drill routines, I loved the 'behind the scene' look into your art.

Cheers,
                      Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
                      Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
                      Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
                      BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer
                        Well done George!!!
                        I had a look at your other site a while back, which i enjoyed, but prefer the look, layout and feel of this site.

"Black" sites are dodge, but you've nailed it with your colour combo's. We forget about what goes into the drill routines, I loved the 'behind the scene' look into your art.

Cheers,
                        Hey... thanks so much. :) This site was fun to put together. I'm really glad you like it. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I needed to simplify it up for my "business" and this was the creation. I am proud of it for sure.

However, I still can't get it to look good on firefox. Something random happened I guess. But it looks okay in IE. :)

hmph.
                        George
                        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

revised website for 2008!

I'm not supposed to start a new thread, but I need some opinions on my re-design! I can't remember if this is number 3 or 4 but it's pretty much the same stuff... different look.

www.georgehester.com

Too dark? Too small? easy to navigate? anything else?? How does the text look? Any problems?

Thanks! :)
                          George
                          www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

I find the gray letters on the black background a little hard to read. I recommend a bit more contrast, however, it is quite thematic with what you are about. Nice looking website!
                            Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Comment

Working...
                            X