• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Windameer Farm
    Captain

• Dec 2006

full site rebuild Please let me know your thoughts

Hello ,

I had a mishap with my computer and had to buy a new one so lost my website info. I have rebuilt it again and added in a few new things. Please let me know your thoughts.
    www.windameer.com
    Jolen
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

• SAman
    Major General

• Mar 2007

Re: full site rebuild Please let me know your thoughts

Hey Jolen
    Your site looks very good. Do you have some kind of back ground going on behind the three blocks on the pages? It looks like there is something inbetween the top, next, and main sections, off to the left. Lie what you have done, and the whole sceme works well. One other thing, you need to reread your family story, it has a few gramatical errors. All the best to you, and keep up the good work!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• SChajin
      Major General

• Jan 2006

I agree with Mike, you also have a large scroll going on. Good Job
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Windameer Farm
        Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by SChajin
        I agree with Mike, you also have a large scroll going on. Good Job
        HI It's a menu that if you can widen your screen you can see. I'll try to find away that it don't show threw if you can't thank you.

Jolen

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

• Windameer Farm
          Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by SAman
          Hey Jolen
          Your site looks very good. Do you have some kind of back ground going on behind the three blocks on the pages? It looks like there is something inbetween the top, next, and main sections, off to the left. Lie what you have done, and the whole sceme works well. One other thing, you need to reread your family story, it has a few gramatical errors. All the best to you, and keep up the good work!!
          Thank you Mike . I put the story threw a spell and gramer program I hope it's right now.

Jolen

Comment

• halo360
            Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Baaah... Cute
            www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

• Cornuto
              Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Your site is so not my cup of tea or even vodka. BUT it looks okey. Those little lambs running behind are little additional action, dont really bother but what bothers is the font you chose for the menu bar! Arial something for the menu bar doesn't fit at all and color is wrong.
              Try checking what font and size you can put there instead of the one u have now. You can do this easily by finding out the option that fits making trials on your index or other page. Stop when you find the one that fits and looks well. And then change the color a bit more fitting to your index colors. Then just copy paste it to other pages.

That menu bar is way the weakest link on your pages. Other than that they look sweet, easy and yeah lambs to me... Could sell if u fix the prob.

www.planet-360.com It's all over the place!

www.DomainAle.Com Cheers!

www.0-0-9.Com - who called?

Comment

• Patience
                Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Hey Jolen,

I like your site. If I were shopping for goats and sheep I would contact you. The info is great and the pics are too. I learned a lot by reading it.

My husband has always wanted a miniature goat....our neighbors would love that!

Best of luck to you!
                Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                  Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by Cornuto
                  Your site is so not my cup of tea or even vodka. BUT it looks okey. Those little lambs running behind are little additional action, dont really bother but what bothers is the font you chose for the menu bar! Arial something for the menu bar doesn't fit at all and color is wrong.
                  Try checking what font and size you can put there instead of the one u have now. You can do this easily by finding out the option that fits making trials on your index or other page. Stop when you find the one that fits and looks well. And then change the color a bit more fitting to your index colors. Then just copy paste it to other pages.

That menu bar is way the weakest link on your pages. Other than that they look sweet, easy and yeah lambs to me... Could sell if u fix the prob.
                  I take it your talking about the one under the header. I changed it on the index page please see if it look better to you now thanks

Jolen

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                    Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by Patience
                    Hey Jolen,

I like your site. If I were shopping for goats and sheep I would contact you. The info is great and the pics are too. I learned a lot by reading it.

My husband has always wanted a miniature goat....our neighbors would love that!

Best of luck to you!
                    Thank You Vicki

Jolen

Comment

• Bethers
                      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Hi Jolen,

Your navigation on the home page fits fine, but when I clicked on the Angora Goats page - it's stretched outside of the width of the rest and looks off. It looked right again on the other pages I looked at - so just appears it needs to be moved over a tad :)

I don't like the "floating goats" on the left of that page. First, I can never see the top ones unless I scroll the page down, then quickly scroll it back up. Second, I find them scrolling annoying - although it's a cute idea - I'd rather you put them there in stationary positions. Others might like that a lot - so that's just a personal opinion of mine. But if you are going to have them - they should all show!

I don't mind the forum opening in a new page - but your contact page is doing that also - and that I recommend you change.

It's been a long time since I've been on your site - so my memory of the first one is vague - but I want to tell you - the colors and design of this is wonderful for what you have - you've done a great job.
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Cornuto
                        Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Originally posted by Windameer Farm
                        I take it your talking about the one under the header. I changed it on the index page please see if it look better to you now thanks

Jolen
                        Now THAT IS SWELL! Fits perfectly and looks good! Gongs!

www.planet-360.com It's all over the place!

www.DomainAle.Com Cheers!

www.0-0-9.Com - who called?

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                          Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by Bethers
                          Hi Jolen,

Your navigation on the home page fits fine, but when I clicked on the Angora Goats page - it's stretched outside of the width of the rest and looks off. It looked right again on the other pages I looked at - so just appears it needs to be moved over a tad :)

I don't like the "floating goats" on the left of that page. First, I can never see the top ones unless I scroll the page down, then quickly scroll it back up. Second, I find them scrolling annoying - although it's a cute idea - I'd rather you put them there in stationary positions. Others might like that a lot - so that's just a personal opinion of mine. But if you are going to have them - they should all show!

I don't mind the forum opening in a new page - but your contact page is doing that also - and that I recommend you change.

It's been a long time since I've been on your site - so my memory of the first one is vague - but I want to tell you - the colors and design of this is wonderful for what you have - you've done a great job.
                          Yes I Knew about the off set Beth But thanks for informing me. :) I was too tired to change them all last night lol. When I open my page the animal menu is at the top of the header. I'll see about making it fixed but I don't know scripting lol.

I changed the contact link thank you for pointing it out.

Thank you the colors are a little different then the last time.

Beth did you take a look at the sales pages? how do they look to you good I hope. I know you dis like pay pal buttons everywhere so I blended mine in.

Jolen

Comment

Working...
                          X