• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webber
    Sergeant

• Mar 2007

First Input Preview

Hi All-

Here is my site for the first round of input. www.AtoZFuneral.com Please be brutally honest. I know the subject matter is not exactly pleasant but a necessary service.

Please let me know how it strikes you, the environmental aspects, explanations and instructions given etc. I could really use your input and look forward to it.

Please note that the "Memorial Calendar" is currently missing and the links at the bottom of the pages are not finished yet.

Y'all are the pros so give me all of the help you can.

Thanks
  • AmaDee
    Colonel

• Jun 2006

Re: First Input Preview

Webber, for future references, remember that the forum rules prohibit opening multiple posts about the same topic.

With that said, let's get to the issue at hand. You have made some great changes since the last time I looked. Fantastic!

A couple of suggestions?

1. Your pages will look so much better if they were centered. They are too wide so you might want to do some adjustments here and there in order to get it to 800 or so. Then go to your page properties and click on Center in Browser

2. too much white space seperating your last images on the front page and your copyright/text menu at the bottom

3. I thought this was an e-commerce site, but I know how to get to the point where I can buy something. If this is an e-commerce site, don't have you customers searching/clicking too much before they can add to cart

That's it for now...will check back later. And like I said before, you've improved it a great deal. Keep up the good work...

Comment

• webber
      Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Thanks AmaDee for your input. According to my GA stats, most site visitors have a res of 1024 and greater. I have only had one smaller res visitor and that was from somewhere in Europe. Do I still need to make the pages smaller?

I will center the pages. That's a good idea.

Give me more specifics on the ordering aspect you were talking about and the minimum clicks.

Thanks

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, you’re off to a good start. Couple of things that maybe nice to have a look at.
        Pages is a bit wide on my screen, might be nice to get them down to save the sideways scroll.
        Most of the images are not very clear & really should be physically reduced in size & not use the handles on the image to make them smaller. It will also make the pages load a lot quicker if physically reduced.
        Not a major thing, but you have placed a lot of things on or in frames? In fire fox the frames show up as grey & in IE. a pinkish colour.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• AmaDee
          Colonel

• Jun 2006

here is an example of an e-commerce site that I designed. From the intro page, you enter to shop, select a category, and you are taken to the products. When you get to the product, you click on the button, and that takes you to the shopping cart.

Comment

• Malhoeira
            Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

I'd narrow the pages to 800+ so they are visible without scrolling. You can move your pictures closer together and use lightbox or pop-ups for enlargements. Your page Memorializing a loved one isn't titled and the Links page isn't connected.

Good luck with your site and the business.
            Sarah
            british-cemetery-elvas.org

Comment

• SAman
              Major General

• Mar 2007

Ditto the posts so far, about size. The memorial calander page didn't come up for me. Also reread all your text, and check spelling, the top of ordering
              page, it's not ording. You are doing good though. It's always the little things!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
              X