• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CherylB
    Private

• May 2007

What do you think?

Hi, just after some feedback on my new website.
    If anyone would like to suggest any changes or ideas, i would be much appreciative.
    Thanks in advance
    Cheryl

• Patience
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Re: What do you think?

Hi Cheryl,

Can I pack my bags and go now?

Really nice site. It loaded quickly, your pics are excellent.

I especially like the compass rose in the contact us page.

The nav bar is not centered under the heading on a few pages. I'm on AOL.

Best of luck to you!
    Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

• whiteshepherd
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Cheryl,

Love your site ... looks good, easy to navigate and my questions were answered ... also a nice clean design ... have to keep you in mind next time I'm O/S ...

kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• Malhoeira
        Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Looks good Cheryl. Wonderful photos. Not sure why you spelled turkish with a small t at the bottom of the Itinerary page. Good luck with the business!
        Sarah
        british-cemetery-elvas.org

Comment

• karel
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Hi

There are one or two things I would fix,

Firstly the nav bar on the Home Page overlaps your banner at the top, the other pages seem o.k, just the Home Page. I think all the other pages have 6 buttons and the Home page has 7, this seems to be the problem.

Secondly the email address is hyperlinked to no address, when you click on it a blank box appears.

Also this is just my opinion, but I had no idea what the site was about until I went into the inner pages, people who land on sites can have a short attention span as there are so many sites out there and you need to grab their attention straight away. I would seriously consider some information on your Home page about who you are and what you do, this could save losing certain people who land on your site. You can still have the pics but maybe put a little info there also.

Also you have a few typos, I have also highlighted the place names that need capitals.

Certain words are spelt differently in the U.K than the states so some errors maybe down to this, here are the errors on each page.

About Us page

Welcome to Catch 22 Yachting. We operate Private Charter Cruises along the Mediterranean and Aegean Coast of Turkey.

Our boat "Catch 22" is an 18 metre vessel. With 6 double cabins all with ensuites. We can accomodate up to 10 guests in 5 double cabins as we keep one for the crew and captain.

Itinerary

Our most popular and prefered cruise is the 12
          Islands .
          During this cruise you will visit the
          Islands and bays in and around FethiyeGulf. Just to name a few, and give you an idea of how prestine(should be pristine?) this part of the world is we'll visit TersaneIsland (DockyardIsland), walk through the ruins from the Byzantine Periods. BedriRahmiBay (LycianBay), take a walk to find the painting of the fish on a rock, here you can also try your hand a water sports offered by the locals from the area. ManastirBay (Cleopatra's Baths)
          , snorkel through this submerged byzantine ruin and dive into crystal clear waters. Others include Göbün Bay, Merdivenli Bay, At Bükü and Yassica Islands (Flat Island) walk to the top and get birds eye view of this beautiful island and its bay and as we head to the mainland take a stroll through the quaint town of Göcek Harbour.

If you prefer to take longer to relax on board with us, you can also sail south, visiting Gemiler Island (St Nicholas Island), here you can walk through many byzantine ruins and old churches and get in touch with the history once at the top look down and take in the sunset over a bottle of wine to share with your close friends. Cold Spring Bay, where beautiful fresh cold water seeps out of a spring in the sea, here you can also take a walk to the ghost town of Kaya Koy , an old greek settlement dating back to the byzantine period and snorkel or paraglide at the famous picturesque
          beach of Ölüdeniz (Blue Lagoon). Set Sail to ButterflyValleyif the weather allows it, and take a walk to see the tiger butterflies that visit the valley during August. A fresh waterfall also runs into the valley from the village above...

Then..… All you need to do is relax, sunbake, snorkel, listen to music, read a book and even try your hand at water skiing. Sail along from day to day discovering bay after bay of calm blue waters. It all adds up to a perfect turkish experience.

All the above is to help and not a criticsm as you are off to a great start and I hope the advice helps. Good luck with your site, makes me want to go on holiday J
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• alas
            Captain

• May 2006

Hi Cheryl,
            Good idea the design.
            may be I can give you some suggestions.
            a) a lot of viewers do not like the scrolling issue, you can fix that reducing the space between the text lines.
            b) For your gallery, you can use the light box ( down on the right of bluevoda screen)
            c) Normally with a page size of not more then 800 eveybody will be able to see your page without scrolling
            d) Menu bar, I think the best way ( looks professional) is to use the text and hyperlink the pages together ( you can find it on the top right of bluevoda, looks like a chain ).

I hope this will give you some ideas.
            Alas

www.mediterraneotanzania.com
            Tanzania Hotels

Comment

• CherylB
              Private

• May 2007

Thanks everyone for your advice. I've fixed the nav bar on the homepage, corrected some spelling mistakes and updated the gallery page. Still working on the link to email me... I've linked it to mailto: but it doesn't put the address in the address line. Anyone got any advice on that.
              Thanks again..... I'm getting there...

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, ya off to a good start! But sorry to be the voice of doom. You will have to do a quite few changes if you want the SE’s to find you & the pages to load faster. Here’s a little list.
                1. All images need to be renamed. Have a look at the image/photo link at the bottom of this thread. It may give you some ideas. IE: this image http://www.catch22yachting.com/March...2006%20018.jpg
                389.17 kB would be better at about 10-15 KB
                2. Text & content for key words & alike. There’s a good read here. http://www.moxie-enter-prises.com/SEO-The-Basics.html as the keywords should match the content of each page.

Good luck.

PS. On the email part.
                1. write some text (contact us)
                2. Highlight the text
                3. Select hyperlink. (a box should pop up)
                4. Link type to = mailto:
                5. Then type in the URL field mailto:youremailaddress********.com
                6. Press ok. & test
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• choco777
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hi,
                  Liked your site, and the colors. Your photos are great.

I found some of the spelling errors mentioned by Karel maybe you changed them but did not save the changes i.e.
                  pristineand the non capitalization of Turkey. Also I believe you meant to use the word preferred when speaking of your trips.Also learnt may be proper English but I believe learned would sound better.

On Why Us page, maybe it would sound better to end the line " our crew... with and speak English.
                  I point this out from experience, I know how easy it is to make this typos and it does take away from the content.
                  Good luck with the business and this site should serve you well if given time.
                  Choco
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• proactivator
                    First Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Hi,
                    The light box sounds a good idea for your gallery; at present your gallery page is huge at 1455kb and takes an age to load. Everyone has their own ideas as to page size but I keep mine to 300kb max. The scenic photos are great as they let one know what a spectacular place it is for cruising holidays. I suggest some more really good photos of the catch22 so people feel that they must holiday on this boat and no other. Your'e definitely getting there and I'm sure you'll end up with a great site.
                    http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

• alas
                      Captain

• May 2006

Hi Cheryl,
                      I think, for the email it will look more professional if you use the one provided with your domain : ........@catch22yachting.com.
                      For your viewers you can create a form page to contact you.
                      You can use the one provided by bluevoda:

and

Looks a little bit complicate, but if you follow the instructions very carefully itis not so difficolt, also will help your customers to contact you.
                      Some guru suggest not to put your email adress in the web site in order to reduce the spaming in your mail box.
                      Ciao
                      Alas

Comment

Working...
                      X