Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take a quick look...

Hi there everyone...

Come on over and take a quick peek at my very first site. It's very basic, but as I learn to do more I will enhance it. Any suggestions?

Skye
    www.etherealvibe.ca
    Ethereal Vibe Alternative Artistry Medium - My Bellydance Website

Re: Please take a quick look...

Hello Skye,

Very nice site, definitely etheral! I like the look a lot. You did a good job.

You might want to look at your page sizes, had to do a lot of scrolling.

Best of luck with it.
    Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Hi Skye,
      I agree with Vicki, your pages are too big, you can reduce the text size and reduce the space between one text and the other, the menu bar may be is better at the top of the page.
      The best size page is less then 800, also remenber to check in the page propertiers " center in the browser "
      Alas

www.mediterraneotanzania.com

Comment

Site looks very well. I think the navigation bars should be visable when you open the page i.e. at the top or at the side

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
        egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
        Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Yes you need to reduce the size of the pages to around 800 and also make your navigation buttons easy to see and find.

Good effort for your first attempt, found certain bits hard to read, but on the whole good job.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

i see you've been doing a lot of work on the site...it's looking pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by skyeev
              Hi there everyone...

Come on over and take a quick peek at my very first site. It's very basic, but as I learn to do more I will enhance it. Any suggestions?

Skye
              Skye this is a lovely site. Your choice of colors is wonderful. It is really pretty, and I think just perfect for your product.

Here are some thoughts.

The width of your pages is unnecessary. YOu don't have so much 'stuff' that you are straining to fit it all on there, so why not just take your page sizes down to 800 width and center them, and there you go.
              Especially with your color choices matching the page background, it will be seamless, look just as good and won't make people like me nuts having to side scroll to see if we missed anything.

I can't tell if your first couple of pages aren't centered, so everything is sort of sitting over to the right, or if that is just because of the page width. I think they're not centered. So make sure the little centering box in your page properties is ticked, and that will handle that.

I am not sure about this next thing, but here it is anyway. For me, I like to have the navigation bars at the top or side. When they are at the bottom I always feel like I have to hunt, and as an internet browsing person, I don't want to have to go hunting once I have found a site I like.
              This is personal preference, though, and I don't know how much validity it has for the general browsing public.

That's all. Great job, lovely site.
              Well Done.
              Good Luck.
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com
              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

hehe it looks like you had a lot of fun building this site. I agree with those above. A little cleaner design will go a long way.
                Best Regards,
                Alex
                Surveillance Systems
                Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Nice looking site. I have a dumb question. Did you do it from BlueVoda? I'm new to this site but looking to try and transfer my own web page to this host. I think I'm going to have problems because after visiting the bluevoda forum I discovered that my site is not registered to me. Isn't it kind of sticky trying to get your domain from the present host? The reason I'm transferring is because I am not getting good service.

Thank you.

Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by LeslieLouise
                    Nice looking site. I have a dumb question. Did you do it from BlueVoda? I'm new to this site but looking to try and transfer my own web page to this host. I think I'm going to have problems because after visiting the bluevoda forum I discovered that my site is not registered to me. Isn't it kind of sticky trying to get your domain from the present host? The reason I'm transferring is because I am not getting good service.

Thank you.

Shirley
                    Hi Leslie and welcome to the Voda Hosting Support Forum. You will need to regain control of your domain in order to be able to have your domain pointed to voda servers. The service is highly recommended here and we welcome you to sign up and join Voda Hosting at your earliest convenience. It is forum policy, only those domains that are with Voda Hosting can be commented on.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,
                      Had a quick peek while at work. very nice site.

Darren
                      Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
                      http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com

Comment

Great site.

Comment

Working...
                        X