• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patience
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Hello Voda Friends

As I move at a pace equivalent to a snail...I give you.....www.vickswickscandles.com

Please have a look and share your thoughts. I will greatly appreciate it!

(Many navigation errors...help...)

client ID 13676
    Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net
  • Windameer Farm
    Captain

• Dec 2006

Re: Hello Voda Friends

I see that your Photo candles and fragrancelist Button doesnt work check to make sure you put in the full html address.

Love the pictures your displays are very nice. at first the yellow was a bit bright for my eyes but it goes well for you site.

Good luck with your site :)

Jolen
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• larazovich
      General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by Patience
      As I move at a pace equivalent to a snail...I give you.....www.vickswickscandles.com

Please have a look and share your thoughts. I will greatly appreciate it!

(Many navigation errors...help...)

client ID 13676
      Hi Vicki
      I like you site a lot, and your product sounds really cool. Can hardly wait til you get the fragrance page up to see what is there.
      Okay, here are some comments for you.
      1. First the color. Like Jolen my first impression was that the yellow was alittle bright, but as I stuck around and was looking at stuff it didn't bother me. Might mute it just a bit, or not?
      2. I 'spect you already know, but the Fragrance and Photo pages, and the About VW page don't work from any page links.
      3. The About VW button is only on the Votive and Wholesale pages, not on any of the others.
      4. On the Votive page the Home and Fundraisers buttons don't work.
      5. On the Wholesale page the Home and Fundraisers buttons don't work.
      6. The Wholesale page isn't centered.
      7. The scrolling message thing isn't in the same place on all the pages - I think I would find one place and leave it there - either high or low. I am generally not a fan of them, but this one is slow enough, and doesn't scream at me, so is okay by me.

I like your site alot. It has a nice feel to it.

I would like to see alittle more information about your candles, maybe some photos of the creation process,that sort of thing.
      And, maybe alittle more density to the information that is there, like what does a smooth, creamy appearance look like, and what exactly does an excellent scent throw mean, and compared to what?
      Maybe some candle history or something?

Okay that's my two cents.
      Great start! Alittle tweaking and you're there.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• karel
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Vicki,

Most if the things have been said above that i was going to mention. One thing is though, all you candles have prices etc...But I could not find how to buy or order them!

Maybe me but have or are you setting a payemnt system up?

Also you have this address from the wholesale page back to your home page http://www.vickswickscandles.com/html this is the wrong address and will need changing, this could be the reason for a lot of your linking problems

Good luck with it

Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• alas
          Captain

• May 2006

Hi Vicki,
          good start,
          I agree with the comments above, navigation, centering the pages, etc.
          Those are all technical issues, that needs a bit of patience, and you will fix all of them.
          My only suggestions is on the navigation menu style, I know that you have visited my website, because I found your advise on my thread, so my suggestion is :
          a) if you use text to link you pages, it will look more elegant, and esclusive as design.
          b) some guru says that this also helps for search engines ( i am not sure I have just started)
          c) I can see there is a lot of space you are using because of the menu button, you will save all of it with the text link.
          I hope to have given you some ideas.
          Ciao
          Alas

Comment

• Patience
            Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Originally posted by Windameer Farm
            I see that your Photo candles and fragrancelist Button doesnt work check to make sure you put in the full html address.

Love the pictures your displays are very nice. at first the yellow was a bit bright for my eyes but it goes well for you site.

Good luck with your site :)

Jolen
            Thank you Jolen,

Sorry about the bright yellow!! I am working with an antique monitor, the shade is not bright on my screen....Made a change, hope it's better.
            Vicki

Comment

• Patience
              Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Originally posted by larazovich
              Hi Vicki
              I like you site a lot, and your product sounds really cool. Can hardly wait til you get the fragrance page up to see what is there.
              Okay, here are some comments for you.
              1. First the color. Like Jolen my first impression was that the yellow was alittle bright, but as I stuck around and was looking at stuff it didn't bother me. Might mute it just a bit, or not?
              2. I 'spect you already know, but the Fragrance and Photo pages, and the About VW page don't work from any page links.
              3. The About VW button is only on the Votive and Wholesale pages, not on any of the others.
              4. On the Votive page the Home and Fundraisers buttons don't work.
              5. On the Wholesale page the Home and Fundraisers buttons don't work.
              6. The Wholesale page isn't centered.
              7. The scrolling message thing isn't in the same place on all the pages - I think I would find one place and leave it there - either high or low. I am generally not a fan of them, but this one is slow enough, and doesn't scream at me, so is okay by me.

I like your site alot. It has a nice feel to it.

I would like to see alittle more information about your candles, maybe some photos of the creation process,that sort of thing.
              And, maybe alittle more density to the information that is there, like what does a smooth, creamy appearance look like, and what exactly does an excellent scent throw mean, and compared to what?
              Maybe some candle history or something?

Okay that's my two cents.
              Great start! Alittle tweaking and you're there.
              Hi Liz,

Thank you so much for your response. I really am stumped. (guess that's why I chose "Patience" as my screen name!).

From what I can see, my navigation info is correct on each page. Can't find the problem. But I will.....snail is crawling away now...

Changed the background color, aiming to soothe the viewer, not blind them!!

Thanks for the advise re: density of the text. All great suggestions. Needed some inspiration, thanks for that!

The wholesale page has background color & is centered in my BV page. I have saved & published 2x....grrrr

My new motto is "never, ever give up".
              Vicki

Comment

• Patience
                Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Originally posted by karel
                Vicki,

Most if the things have been said above that i was going to mention. One thing is though, all you candles have prices etc...But I could not find how to buy or order them!

Maybe me but have or are you setting a payemnt system up?

Also you have this address from the wholesale page back to your home page http://www.vickswickscandles.com/html this is the wrong address and will need changing, this could be the reason for a lot of your linking problems

Good luck with it

Paul
                Thank you Paul,

No shopping cart yet...but I will get there soon.

Thanks for showing me the link error, but I don't know how to fix it, it looks correct in my BV page. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
                Vicki

Comment

• Patience
                  Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Originally posted by alas
                  Hi Vicki,
                  good start,
                  I agree with the comments above, navigation, centering the pages, etc.
                  Those are all technical issues, that needs a bit of patience, and you will fix all of them.
                  My only suggestions is on the navigation menu style, I know that you have visited my website, because I found your advise on my thread, so my suggestion is :
                  a) if you use text to link you pages, it will look more elegant, and esclusive as design.
                  b) some guru says that this also helps for search engines ( i am not sure I have just started)
                  c) I can see there is a lot of space you are using because of the menu button, you will save all of it with the text link.
                  I hope to have given you some ideas.
                  Ciao
                  Alas
                  Hi Alas,

This is an interesting suggestion. I will play with it and see what happens. Thanks for your input.
                  Vicki

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Hi, only an idea? But the BV shape tool is a bit naff for circles & didn’t now if you might think the new BV logo maker might make them look better. It seems to give a nicer line.
                    Sample. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/can.html
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Patience
                      Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Oh Chris...how sweet. That looks much better. Thanks for a great suggestion my friend!
                      Vicki

Comment

• karel
                        Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Thanks for showing me the link error, but I don't know how to fix it, it looks correct in my BV page. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
                        Vicki the link needs to be the same as the address for the home page, which is http://www.vickswickscandles.com so take of the /html and re-publish and it should be fine.

Paul
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                          Captain

• Dec 2006

The colors look much better to me now, nice worm glowing feel to it.
                          www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• choco777
                            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Vicki,
                            I think your site is beautiful, the colors are perfect. Like the way you did not go overboard with the photo effects all photos nicely done. Easy to navigate and all the I tried gave the expected results. Nice work.

Choco
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• proactivator
                              First Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Hi,
                              What others have said about the mechanics of your site I'm sure have helped you alot , but I want to praise you for something that so few of us get right. It's the look of your site; it really does seem as if your pages are lit by candlelight and I think that is really well thought out and the effect is wonderful. One thing that I think you might think about is the colour of your navigation rollovers; does not fit in easily with the rest of the colour scheme. The mechanics can always be figured out, but the look is perfect for your product.
                              http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Working...
                              X