• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joneverson
    Private First Class

• May 2006

new website

Hi There,

I have just updated my website www.elvisingraceland.com. Which is a website about a local band in my area who are on their wau up.I Hope. Please check this out and please give me any feedback or help in making it better than what it is.

Thanks Jon
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: new website

http://www.elvisingraceland.com looks good to me.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• joneverson
      Private First Class

• May 2006

Many thanks for your reply. Do you have any tips to make it a worldclass website as i need to get this band up with the best of the best.?

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

The best website building advice in the world is.......

Plan your work and work your plan!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• alas
          Captain

• May 2006

Hi, Jon,
          your idea is GREAT, if you need any suggestions, what can I say...mmmm???
          1) your biography" page is very long , and load slowly, I would make a page " biography", with a picture of the whole band in action , and clicking on each member of the band, a page " -blank link" will open with a picture, and the biography of that musician.
          2) your contacts page, it will look more professional if you use the email address provided with the domain name ex: .......@elvisingraceland.com.
          Also, you should link each email to a " -blank " link, you do not want your viewers to leave your site.
          This page http://www.redalert2000.co.uk/, takes ages to open, I am trying to think like somebody which doesn't know anythink about the band you want to promote.
          Is this Redalert your band or is another band? If it is another band make it very clear, because you know music ...., if I like this band that you want to promote, maybe I do not like the other one.
          3) the quick time in the multimedia page opens very slow, may you should consider w.media
          4) the last one, YOU MUST PUT NAVIGATION TEXT LINKS IN EACH PAGE, your viewers they have to be able to jump from one page to the other.
          Your design is one of the best I have seen in a very long time.
          Ciao & Good luck
          Alas
          www.mediterraneotanzania.com

Comment

• joneverson
            Private First Class

• May 2006

Hi Alas,

thanks for the feedback.I am already in the motion of changing the biography page with the idea that you have.I am awaiting a clear band picture to which i can work on. The Red Alert are another band that has our link on their website so we can help each other.

The Video on the multimedia pade is on WMP.not sure what is going on with that but it is large video which the band manager wanted to add.

I was toying with the idea of adding the links on the bottom of each page and i will work on that today.

Thanks for the feedback i hope this willmake this a worlclass website.?

Jon

Comment

• alas
              Captain

• May 2006

I think you are on the right track.
              Also, you should look for what the others in your field are doing, and use their idea to give you good imputs.
              Ciao
              Alas

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, ya off to a start, but will have to spend some time on different areas of the site, or I think the search engine will struggle to find you or on some pages & just ignore you on others.
                Have a good read of this down load to get you started. http://www.moxie-enter-prises.com/SEO-The-Basics.html
                The other thing you will need to do is get the KB’s down in your images. One of your pages is over 4meg =4000kb. Most web pages shouldn’t really be above 250-300kb http://www.elvisingraceland.com/biography.html .
                If any one was on dial up, I don’t think they would have hung around. Have a look at the image/photo link below.
                With the biography, it might be nice to give each member there own page with an index page dedicated to just this.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• alas
                  Captain

• May 2006

Hi Jon, may be I am wrong, but I think your multimedia, and all the files in it are very big, you should something because people will not look at them if they are slow to download. Also, regarding the other band link, it is better you create a page for your contacts ( form page), and one for your links.
                  You can download for free this software to resize your pictures:

Alas

Comment

Working...
                  X