• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ113
    Special Status

• May 2007

First One

Hi All
    I've had BV for three days now and this is what I have so far. What do you think?

www.lose-inches.info
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: First One

Welcome AJ113,
    Good start, a few things to watch out for:
    -The images of the exercise models seem to be fuzzy, if you pulled on the corners to size them, use PixResizer instead. Take a look at this post by Chris, has a lot of useful tips on images.
    -Consider redoing your Header, make it a bit easier to read, you want your visitors to remember your page. "Lose Inches Fast" is catchy but the shadows might be overdoing it a bit.
    -No contact page and no information about your group can scare some visitors. Consider a contact form or email. Lack of either can scare people away.
    -The PayPal link opens up fine.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• alas
      Captain

• May 2006

Hi AJ113,
      Bill is right, good start, few morw things.
      I think your page is too large, max 800 is the right size.
      The yellow color is very strong, it is not easy to read, I will go for black text and white background.
      Alas
      www.mediterraneotanzania.com
      Tanzania hotels

Comment

• proactivator
        First Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

If you have had bluevoda for only 3 days you have made a great start. I think you should look really hard at what you have on your page and ask yourself " as a potential customer does this inspire me to part with $20.00". Design your site according to what answer you come up with.
        http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

• AJ113
          Special Status

• May 2007

Thanks very much chaps. I'll work on it over the weekend and re-post.

Comment

• SChajin
            Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi AJ.....First welcome aboard.....I agree with the above, your off to a good start
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

• egar50
              Captain

• May 2007

For a start welcome
              I too agree with earlier posts three days work has payed off.
              The heading definatly needs to stand out more and the images need to be clearer. I would leave the yellow background but tone it down, not so glaring and then see if the text needs to be made stand out more, possible by darkening it.
              Best of luck with the site

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
              egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
              Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

• AJ113
                Special Status

• May 2007

I've changed the web page dimensions, the background and toned down the colours. I've also resized all the images using PixResizer (thanks Bill2006!).

I still need to add contact and/or sign-up details and they will be coming soon, in the meantime, what do you think of the changes?

One thing I've noticed, the 'shadow' boxes take time to load, is there a better way of doing this, or do you think I should just ditch them?

I'm also having trouble 'moving forward' or 'moving back'. Neither of these commands work, only 'move to front' and 'move to back'.

Comment

• alas
                  Captain

• May 2006

Hi, your page load a lot faster to me, but you need somebody that has not been watching your web before, my pc recognize your web, because I have been looking at your page before.About the shapes I have the same issue. Did you make only one page?
                  Alas

Comment

• AJ113
                    Special Status

• May 2007

Hi All
                    I've had a complete re-think about my strategy and as a result my mian page has changed dramatically. I would appreciate your comments on the site itself, plus opinions on your perceived effectiveness of the site.

I've never done anything like this before so don't be backwards in coming forwards!

Comment

• AJ113
                      Special Status

• May 2007

Bump. Any comments?

Comment

• Mouke
                        Corporal

• Feb 2007

Hi AJ

For a few days work, this is impressive, puts me to shame! I spend too much time reading these forums then redesigning my plan!

Anyway on the home page at the bottom below the form for entering e-mail details the dotted lines below go off the page to the right & also a link is overwriting some text.

Good luck
                        Mouke

Client ID # 15880

Comment

• AJ113
                          Special Status

• May 2007

Thank you very much Mouke, I believe I've fixed that now, would you mind having a quick check for me please?

Comment

• Dream Lady
                            Major General

• Feb 2006

AJ: Nice work in such a short period of time. With some fine tuning, you will be there. Sorry, I don't have much time right now, but a few things stand out for me. In addition to what has already been mentioned.
                            1. Your link points me to a page to sign up, but I don't think that is your home page. Make sure your home or landing page is saved as index in bv.
                            2. You need to have nav menus on your other pages so we can navigate our way back to your home page.
                            3. You have pages on your site opening to another browser. As long as the content remains on your site and you have menus to navigate, I would not save target as blank. I only use "blank" when I send my visitors off my site.
                            4. Your links page is hard to read. If you really want all the google ads on both sides, I would make your links in the middle stand out a bit. Maybe a boxed background color (subdued color) different font or font color, but something that makes it stand out over the google ads.
                            5. A few of your pictures are distorted. Great you used pixsier, but then don't stretch your photos. Top left photo, I can't tell what it is.
                            6. I think you have over done the shadow boxes. I like them used sparingly, but you have used them alot. You may want to take a look at that.
                            You have done a Great Job!! Keep up the good work.
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• AJ113
                              Special Status

• May 2007

Thank you for taking the time to reply Cindy, I have taken your comments on board.
                              1. I have deliberately made the sign-up page my home page, is that bad?
                              2. Nav menus in place.
                              3. Menus now open in-site.
                              4. Layout of links page changed. I don't want to change the background unless it's absolutely necessary because I want the Google ads to look like they're part of the site.
                              5. The photos were stretched because I like the look of them like that, it gives them a kind of mystique. I'd be interested to hear other members' views on that. Top left photo is basically a set of abs. It looks perfect when I go to the site, could it be browser thing?
                              6. About 60% - 70% of shadows now removed, title has been re-designed too. The page loads faster now but I'm not sure if it needs to be even faster.

Thank you for your kind comments, I'd appreciate it if you reviewed the changes I've made.

Comment

Working...
                              X