• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dream Lady
    Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: First One

Looking better. Links page looks better, but I would center it like your others. If you want your home page to be your sign up page, I see no problem with that...it's your site, right?? lol It's just that I expect to see your logo/header or whatever on the home page. Your google ads on your home page at the top...when clicked take me off your site. Can you have those open in a new browser, so you don't loose your visitors? Again, if you like the stretched photos, that is up to you, it's just that it looks like an error to me. I see now how that top left is a set of abs, but again..personal opinion. The remaining shadows look fine the way you have them, but some appear a little jagged. Bottom Line, AJ is that this is your site and that is what makes it unique. Everyone can offer up their opinions for your consideration, but if it looks good to you, then you go with what you feel. Keep up the good work!!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• AJ113
      Special Status

• May 2007

Hi Cindy
      Thank you for your input. Frankly I'm not precious about any single aspect of the site, it's a commercial enterprise and anything that helps towards sales - directly or indirectly - will always carry priority over my personal likes or dislikes.

How do I change the google ads to open in a new browser?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• larazovich
        General

• Jul 2006

My two cents about the stretched photos:
        I get what you mean about the mystique of it, and I think it works on that abs picture. But on the others it gives the impression you have altered the photographs to make it look like your product really works - know what I mean? my opinion only, though

Oh almost forgot - you have a lot of underlining in your text.
        Since underlining conventionally indicates a link I kept clicking on the underlined words thinking they were going to take me somewhere..
        I may not be the only one making that mistake.

Nice site,I say, pretty easy to read, pretty clean.
        Nicely done.

Regards,
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• AJ113
          Special Status

• May 2007

Thank you for your comments Liz, I agree with you about the underlining, it was on my 'to do' list, and now it's been done!

I think the photo with the greatest stretching effect is the woman on the left, I may shrink her back down to size!

Comment

• AJ113
            Special Status

• May 2007

I had to change my site layout to account for display dicrepancies bewteen Firefox and IE. Now I think it looks cr*p in both of them. What do you think?

Comment

• AJ113
              Special Status

• May 2007

..........I'm talking about the index page here BTW.

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I have not seen your old layout ... but your menu bar does not work for me i(n the way it is laid out I mean) ... and your home page is really info heavy ... I think the front page, as I said to someone else ... should be baited like a hook to draw your visitors onto your other pages ... currently there are only 3? Only my opinion of course ...

I am looking at your site in Maxthon I had never heard of Firefox beefore I came here ... lol ...

On your links page there is overlapping text at the bottom of the page ... but there did not seem to be any links ... ?

I also notice that some of your photos look strectched ...

May I suggest you take a look around at some of the great sites there are out there and built by other Vodians ... when you come across one that 'hooks' you and keeps you clicking from page to page... ask yourself what it is that keeps you 'hooked'. Then apply the same principle to building your website.... ditto the other way round when you find one you don't like or you don't have time for ....

Keep up the good work ....
                kym, merlin & tala
                creating white majick
                www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                www.merlinsmajick.com
                www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• AJ113
                  Special Status

• May 2007

Thank yue whiteshepherd, as I said in my post, I am only talking about the index page. I haven't done the others yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X