Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export BC web site is now live!

Hello All!

The Export BC web site is now fully online and has already signed up 21 clients with more coming.

Check it out at www.exportbc.com and the feedback and comments are welcome!

Danny

P.S. Thanks to all of you people out there with the assistance and input (especially you naval!)

Re: Export BC web site is now live!

Danny,

Your site is very nice and very professional. Great Job!

P.S. I took your advise and made some changes to mine. Thanks again for your help!

Danielle
    www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
    www.wilsonpaves.com
    Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by Danielle@WPA
      Danny,

Your site is very nice and very professional. Great Job!

P.S. I took your advise and made some changes to mine. Thanks again for your help!

Danielle
      www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
      www.wilsonpaves.com
      Thanks Danielle!

It took some doing but it has paid off, with a number of my clients making very nice comments when they signed up. All the best with your site too.

One note when your making shadows is not to make the shadow so high. Make your shadow just a little less evident so it looks natural.

See ya!

Danny

Comment

Hi Danny,
        great job, very nice web.
        Why don't you use the light box for your gallery.
        I think it will load faster and with the dark background of your pages it will look great. Just try.
        Alas
        www.mediterraneotanzania.com
        Tanzania Hotels

Comment

Originally posted by alas
          Hi Danny,
          great job, very nice web.
          Why don't you use the light box for your gallery.
          I think it will load faster and with the dark background of your pages it will look great. Just try.
          Alas
          www.mediterraneotanzania.com
          Tanzania Hotels
          Hi Alas

I'm not sure what you mean? The photo gallery is a large lightbox. if you are referring to the "Products" gallery, it can't be done because I need the visitors (importers) to get through to the company profile.

Both load very quickly right now. Is there something you know about the lightbox that i don't? let me know!

Thanks

Danny

Comment

Hi,
            Your site is very well laid out: looks stylish and professional. One problem is your over use of the light box because the downside of this excellent feature is that it bloats one's pages in no time at all. Your gallery page is 1882kb and I can assure you it takes too long to load (I do have a broadband connection). I have an index page where I use the lightbox and am concerned at a page size of about 350kb. I am asking friends to time loading of my index page at at present it is border line acceptable. If you have not already done so you could do the same. I love the look of a beautifully designed site like yours. In the end, though, unless a site is for totally amateur use function must be a top priority.

PS. I have just called up a speed analyis of your gallery page. It says that on a 56kps modem your page will take 385 seconds to load. Do the maths; even on high speed connections it takes too long. Industry wisdom states that the average a person is prepared to wait for a page to load is 8 seconds. I knew that my attention span was short but I am concerned about everyone else now!

Good luck and regards.
            http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Hi, great looking site & you have given me some ideas for the future.
              Couple of things that I was sure on?
              I am not sure if you will get into trouble at a latter date with using images as an index. I like the idea & looks, but it takes up quite a bit of space & might get misleading. IE: if I go to your products page, there is hockey player image. I immediately thought this was? Sports clothing or equipment! But it was an artist. So I am just wondering if when the site gets a lot lager if this type of thing will become confusing. Just as an example, if you had 10 businesses that sell secondhand cars, which images would you use for each customer.
              On the gallery side! Ditto with above comments, it more than lightly seems to load fast for you as it’s already in your cache, but for a new visitor it takes time, (12 seconds for me on 1st visit). Quite a few of the images could be halved in KB’s & still look good. Fortunately the blow ups are not that large so will take the extra reduction.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi
                the light box I am talking about is http://www.huddletogether.com/
                You can find it in bluevoda browser on the left side second from the bottom.
                This is how it looks on my web : http://www.mediterraneotanzania.com/...otografie.html
                Ciao
                Alas

Comment

Originally posted by alas
                  Hi
                  the light box I am talking about is http://www.huddletogether.com/
                  You can find it in bluevoda browser on the left side second from the bottom.
                  This is how it looks on my web : http://www.mediterraneotanzania.com/...otografie.html
                  Ciao
                  Alas
                  I am still not sure what you are referring to as "I AM" using the lightbox on my gallery. Unless you are looking at something else. let me know.

With regards to the images (hockey player), I am going with the belief each company is unique enough in thier product identity to take a chance on it. So far this has been a great selling feature based on the comments from my clients. I have left numerous posts on the matter of have an "alternative text" field that would allow the visitor to identify the company on a mouse-over. But, I am told it can't be done!

Thanks again for your comments!

Danny

Last, if pages are loading in 12 seconds on the first visit, I can live with that as it not far off the idustry norm.

Comment

Hi Danny, I love what you have done......Makes my new site site I'm working look silly...LOL
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin
                      Hi Danny, I love what you have done......Makes my new site site I'm working look silly...LOL
                      Thanks Sharon!

The concept of your site is great!

I just have the benefit of having an extensive graphic design background and have always relied on having designers and programmers around me to build my ideas. I have used Adobe Photoshop for about 10-11 years now and you can create some wonderful things with it if you are creative enough. Now that I have a lot of time on my hands I have put my own "Sweat" so to speak in actually building something. This has been very rewarding in that I can honestly say I built this web site by myself.

Its been a hit with my clients which matters most and I will continue to work out the little issues with the site on an ongoing basis. The hardest part is that BlueVoda is so sensitive to a lot of things I try with my pages.

One is the simple fact you can't add alternative text to a mouse-over which in my mind shouldn't be that difficult to script into an upgrade in here. oh well!

Thanks and good luck!

Danny

I just need to figure out the little things to put it together.

Comment

Hi Danny,

Which site are you speaking of.....Haha
                        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin
                          Hi Danny,

Which site are you speaking of.....Haha
                          The Everlasting Story.

If you ever need a little help (graphics) just let me know!

Take care!

Danny
                          www.exportbc.com

Comment

Thanks for the offer I will take you up on it...
                            Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Danny,
                              You have not utilized the Photo Light Box but instead you are using the Photo Gallery tool in BV.

Your photos in the gallery are beautiful. It will look better if they are framed. You can either select Popup or frame the photos individually using the frame tool in properties.

I strongly recommend you reinstall the photos using the Light box tool, as your enlarged photo will appear in a frame in the center of the page instead of the top left corner of your webpage.

Abu.

bumiweb.com

ID: 10403
                              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                              X