Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• SAman
      Major General

• Mar 2007

Re: We are back with a total rebuild

Hi, just went through your site, and am a big dog lover. I am parcial to Golden retrievers though. You have done really good on your site, and the pics look better than they did. You still need to resize them, http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pixresizer.html you can down load a free resizer at this site. You also need to reread your text, ie: farseer crew page 3rd sentance, it should read German, and in the 5th sentance, I think you ment "I just love taking... that's just a couple of examples.
      I like the way you have the banner come and stay. All in all you have a great site!!!
      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• whiteshepherd
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Thanks for your comments SAman ... I find it really hard to edit my own work and appreciate anyone picking up mistakes ... I find I see what I think I wrote rather than what I did write ...

I'll spend the weekend tweaking the other issues and appreciate all the feedback ...

BTW I had golden retrievers as a kid ... fantastic dogs ... I actually tossed up between getting another goldie or a shepherd when I got merlin ... unfortunately I am a shepherd addict ...

thank you
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• whiteshepherd
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I've read Bethers' article on SEO ... it is excellent ... I have a question though ... can/should you use different keywords on different pages to help optimise them in regards to that page's content?
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
            I've read Bethers' article on SEO ... it is excellent ... I have a question though ... can/should you use different keywords on different pages to help optimise them in regards to that page's content?
            Hi Kym:

Exactly, your words should be relevant to each page's content - different pages - different content - different keywords ... you are exactly right ...

Very pretty site indeed ..

You have a picture problem on this page ...
            http://www.whiteshepherds.com.au/ourfriends.html

You might consider centering this line of text at the bottom on your pages ...
            In Australia white shepherds are known by many names — white ***** shepherd, white german shepherd, berger blanc suisse witte herder — but all are white shepherds from the same parentage.

What about right justifying your text throughout your site? Just makes things look a little tighter .... - a border around your page area? ... just personal thoughts, not necessary ...

I noticed a few dogs with the name of Holly - lol .. I had to look at those .. I guess those are Sherri's dogs. Is Sherri a person or a dog?

Nice ... very nice Kym!

Holly

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• whiteshepherd
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Thanks Lady Eye ... it seems I am finally getting the hang of this ... I am currently going through my white shepherd site and fixing all this ... I am building a new business site so I will now be able to apply this to that ... It is great there are so many people willing to help and it feels good to be getting it!
              kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

lol Kym:

I have edited my post ... you might want to have a look ... since you are going through your site you might consider too, having your menu at the bottom of your page as text links, and you might consider a H1 header too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Holly,

Well what do you know ... lol ... Sherri is the prefix name for merlin's great grandmother and she was a gold sable; and his grandmother was a gold sable called Holly as well ...

Thank you for your kind words ... it means a lot coming from someone with your experience and whose work I admire ...

Thank you for the tips ... what is a H1 header and how do I do it? And when you say having the menu at the bottom as text links do you mean as a site map ('cos I've been thinking about doing that) ? Or move it from the side to the bottom totally? If I do that how do I make them text links?

How do I put a border around the page area?

Sorry ... more questions .. lol ....

Is the pic problem on that page the farseer banner at the top ... I noticed at work today it was not working ... come to thnk of it if it was not working you would not know what was supposed to be there .... lol ...

kym & merlin
                  kym, merlin & tala
                  creating white majick
                  www.merlinsmajick.com
                  www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi Holly,

Well what do you know ... lol ... Sherri is the prefix name for merlin's great grandmother and she was a gold sable; and his grandmother was a gold sable called Holly as well ...

Thank you for your kind words ... it means a lot coming from someone with your experience and whose work I admire ...

Thank you for the tips ... what is a H1 header and how do I do it? And when you say having the menu at the bottom as text links do you mean as a site map ('cos I've been thinking about doing that) ? Or move it from the side to the bottom totally? If I do that how do I make them text links?

How do I put a border around the page area?

Sorry ... more questions .. lol ....

Is the pic problem on that page the farseer banner at the top ... I noticed at work today it was not working ... come to thnk of it if it was not working you would not know what was supposed to be there .... lol ...

kym & merlin
                    lol Kym - yes it is the banner - change it's name - banner is being banned, lol ... or so I've read, but in any case changing the name and reinserting it should do the trick to fix this photo ... (hint - you can right click, and see the name of the photo )

Is that the reason the gold sable link in the middle with D in front is not clickable - does that mean what I think it means, so sorry ...

A H1 header is actually more search engine tips, what it is is a line of code that you insert at the top of each page and it is a text header that the search engines really like, lol ... so you will want that ... I will grab the code and come back with it for you ... for each page, you will want to add a unique title in the area you change ...

For the text menu - that would be in addition to what you have ... it's an extra .. and what you do is use the new feature in BV9 - Text menu - add it and apply the links in the same way, it's just extra for seo's and those visiting your site too ... Using the text menu, opens up the boxes for you to type in the links ... but if you ever just wanted to link a line of text, you simple, highlight the text you want linked, go to insert, insert link and type in the url again ... this then makes that line of text clickable ... neat eh!

To add a border around your work, your page, you can insert a shape, insert a rectangle shape, and on the properties of the shape you can add a 1pt or 2 pt border, you can make this the same color of your background, but add a white border. When you have this shape stretched to fix all elements within your page ('800 wide by whatever length) right click on it and move to back, this will then go behind everything you have placed on your page ... you won't have to move all your work to add this shape ... I would add the border colour as white ... naturally, so would you, lol ...

Just ask away if I have confused you or you need further clarification, it's not a problem at all ...

HERE IS THE H1 Code

<center><h1><font face="arial" size="3" color="FFFFFF"> <b>This is where you can type what you like</b></font></h1></center>

You can type what you like in that header code there Kym, you might use a phrase that tells what each page is about, the title of each page .. the code is already set for white ... but you see where all those F's are ... that is the color - that is the color for white - you could change that to whatever color you wanted, but I think you want white ... you see where it says arial, you can change that to "trebucket ms" and you see the size "3" you can change that to "2" or "1" or even "4" ... you might like "3" though ...

Anyway, you take this code, and apply it to a html box ... found under insert, advanced, html ... you then copy and paste that code into that, you then resize that html box (using your judgement as to how long you think the line of text that you inserted (the red text area above) and place that html box below the header on your page ... this is good for search engines ... Don't worry if you have to fool around with it to get it centered and sitting correctly, that's just normal, lol

An ror sitemap - this is also for search engines, and there are a few threads flying around about that - have a look, or if you need help, let us know .... the link to do so is in that thread and it is pretty easy to do ... you do know how to upload a file via your ftp manager ??? If so, that is half the battle ...

P.S. Thanks for your kind words.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Holly,

Thank you for this ... you are amazing ... I will try it in the morning as it is getting really late here ...

The D in the pedigree stands for dam and S stands for Sire ... lol ...

I do know how to upload to ftp ... just drag and drop? I have not really used it as blueftp is not working at the moment and support has sent me a link to another ftp to use ....

I have no doubt you will be hearing from me sooner rather than later ...

thanks again for all your help .... I'll put some more hard work in over the weekend ...

merlin sends you snuggles to say thank you
                      kym, merlin & tala
                      creating white majick
                      www.merlinsmajick.com
                      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi Holly,

Thank you for this ... you are amazing ... I will try it in the morning as it is getting really late here ...

The D in the pedigree stands for dam and S stands for Sire ... lol ...

I do know how to upload to ftp ... just drag and drop? I have not really used it as blueftp is not working at the moment and support has sent me a link to another ftp to use ....

I have no doubt you will be hearing from me sooner rather than later ...

thanks again for all your help .... I'll put some more hard work in over the weekend ...

merlin sends you snuggles to say thank you

Oh Kym ... that's so sweet ... and my Lady and I both send snuggles to Merlin ...

I've attached her pic for you to see ... she is my beautiful baby girl!

You have a good night ... It's not nearly noon here yet ... I'll be sleeping when you wake, I always miss that Australian Sunrise, lol ... :)
                        Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Oh Holly ... she is gorgeous ... what would we do without our gorgeous faithful companions ... are you originally Australian???

it is 12:31 here and I am trying to get the news page finished but I don't have a hope ... just falling asleep at the computer ... maybe by the time you rise you wil see some differences but have a busy day tomorrow helping friends plant a garden in their new house they are going to rent out ... so probably won't get to the website again until the afternoon ... Oh, and merlin has a pampering session in the morning ... he just loves it when our friend Bonnie comes over to give him a bath and a blow dry .. lol ... he hurt his leg last week so has been on exercise rations and is going stir crazy so he will also be helping plant the garden tomorrow ... lol ... he is very good at weeding ... have a great day ...

merlin sends lady lots woofs and snuggles and says she is very pretty ...
                          kym, merlin & tala
                          creating white majick
                          www.merlinsmajick.com
                          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

lol Kym ... no, I'm an aussie wannabe, lol ... well an everything wannabe, lol, but just a canadian .. lol ... (isn't that awful, lol) I am just joking .. lol

I think Merlin is howling for her, lol ... and I'll bet he can kick up a bit of weeds, hope he doesn't eat them, lol ... sounds like you have a nice day ahead of you, enjoy it, I hope you get plenty of sunshine to plant and then plenty of rain to soak them down and embed them good!!

Well you have lots of time to work on and enjoy your site, it is totally functional and beautiful as it ..

Woofs and snuggles from Lady right back to Merlin ... :)
                            She'd love him!!

Take care ... have a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Holly

Lol ... I did a quick example here http://www.whiteshepherds.com.au/news.html ... not sure about the border ... what do u think?

Hope you zeds were restful ... Take care

kym & merlin
                              kym, merlin & tala
                              creating white majick
                              www.merlinsmajick.com
                              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Are you awake already Kym ... goodness did u sleep? lol ..

I enjoyed the clip .. do you know Tia and Ices puppies were born on my mother's birthday, isn't that something ... and oh that is a great clip you made there ... nice .. 8 puppies ... wow ... Do you still have them all? You will soon need to part with them won't you?? They certainly have the life, I can tell .. :)

Hmmm ... at first I thought it was too white, but then I thought no, lol .. decisions, decisions, why not try that burgandy color that you have as an underline under your header orpossibly even a darker blue, maybe we might like that better ... lol ... I kind of got to liking the white after a few minutes though too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                                X