How did I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I do?

Well I want to get into the buisness of doing websites for small companies. Here's my intro page with some demo's attached.

Tell tell me what you think. Should I go ahead and advertise or is there still alot of work to be done?

www.modeltwebsites.com

Re: How did I do?

You won't like what I have to say. No, you are not ready to make websites for small companies. If you seriously want to do this, you need to really learn a lot more about what is necessary, including how to integrate design and SEO. You need to look at professional websites and see how to make yours be professional also.

I seriously thought about having you move a website of mine to BV - I already have the template. At your prices, I'd save considerably having you do it. However, I don't believe you'd be able to do it, either. The point I'm making here - do your homework - learn how to do things - then be careful what you offer. Putting up a website for me - would take lots and lots of hours and the one in question would be more than a hundred pages initially- for $150 that would be a wonderful price :) - And updates at $25/mo - with my product changes and specials - that also would be wonderful. But since I'd have to teach you how to do it - it would not be cost effective for me even at those low prices.

Your own website here is difficult to navigate and isn't search engine or customer friendly. Unfortunately, if you build the same type of websites for others, you'll be doing them more harm than good.

Now, don't get me wrong. If you want to do this, you can. But you need to learn it first.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Actually I didn't mind what you said at all! :) I need to hear it first before I hear it from sombody else. The part that you said about search engine friendly. I want to start there, how do I check to see if a website is search engine friendly? What do I look for?

Comment

Hi, Ditto with Beth on this one. If you wish to offer a service as a web site builder? Make sure you offer what you are capable of & grow slowly. I am not to sure on how much is meant to be judged by what you have produced in these samples. But you should have a good read of Beth’s SOE Basics for SE optimisation. And you will need to optimise most of your images for better naming/alt text/resizing/reduction in pixels to help with page loading times. I get the feeling you will have some nice looking sites in respect of looks & design. But may need to read up on the tec side of things to make SE’s & visitors viewing a bit better.
        A good tip is always build 20% for the customers & 80% for their visitors. I personally would be more impressed with someone looking out & promoting a site towards my clients than building it for me. See if you can find out what the customers market is, & the type of clients that the customer is aiming at.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Okay I've removed some of the links. I'm going to redo the pages and then post them again.

Thanks for the help. I'll post again when they are fixed.

Comment

Hi ModelT,
            Ditto again! before you start getting into SEO's, I htink you need to go back to basics. You are getting a good start, but don't try to fly before you can walk fast. Check your spelling, and grammer. double check your links, and what Chris said size of pages is important.
            Good luck!!
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi ModelT,
              Ditto again! before you start getting into SEO's, I htink you need to go back to basics. You are getting a good start, but don't try to fly before you can walk fast. Check your spelling, and grammer. double check your links, and what Chris said size of pages is important.
              Good luck!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
              X