• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PastorMC
    Sergeant

• Apr 2007

FCC new & improved website

www.freedomcovenantcenter.org

I am submitting my site for your critique, Please let me know what you think.
    Some pages are still under construction, but the main parts are in place.
    This is the job of an absolute rookie, never did any form of web design previously, however many nights spent in front of this laptop to get this far.
    Thank You
    PastorMC
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: FCC new & improved website

Hi, your off to a good start. Couple of things that maybe worth thinking about.
    There is some nice background songs/music, but it is really slowing down the page loading times. (48secs on my machine) With the music loading it is also making the images load very slowly. Might be worth having a button to have the music playing if wanted. At least this will get visitors on your site quickly. You could even have a popup that has a mp3 player where visitors can choose the tracks that they might like to hear.
    Only a personal view! But I would do away with the scrolling marquees, or maybe just one. I find them a bit distracting.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• nzbr
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

I liked the page but the main problem it is indeed the loading time..it's taking a while.

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• whiteshepherd
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I agree with Collector's ... I see you have added a control for the music ... I found so mnay scolling marquees distracting also and I use them myself ... mainly I use them to direct people somewhere else ... maybe you could add an announcements page with that info on it and expand on it? Just a suggestion ... you are doing a great job and look forward to visitng again ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• Tom vR
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Pastor,

Pictures load a bit slowish. You still have a problem with your menus when viewing your site with Mozilla FireFox. When I click your About FCC menu, you cannot unfold (expand) the sub-menus. Currently, it appears that the only menu style that is compatible with FF is the Default theme with No Effect. If you just change that, you will be fine.

Why not downloading FireFox from the internet and test it for yourself? This way you can also see how to align some of your marquees.

Maybe remove those menu items for the pages not yet created. Otherwise, very cool.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

• PastorMC
            Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Thank You to all for giving your feedback, Concerning the marquees, much of that info will be placed on their individual pages, but I thought it was maximum bang for the buck to bring attention to current goings on at the church. Again thanks.
            PastorMC

Comment

• SChajin
              Major General

• Jan 2006

For a rookie you are doing pretty darn good, I agree to many marquees.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
              X