Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions Please

www.mayatabasco.com or www.mayatabasco.com/index_clone

I would appreciate your opinions as to which you prefer and why or maybe you dislike both.

Thanks
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Opinions Please

Hi Chocco,

I liked the second one better (clone).
    - the text is smaller on the left
    - pictures are smaller and you can make them bigger
    - and I think there's a problem on the first one: when you go with the mouse on: "Yucatan/Mexican Riviera"...something else comes here and goes behind the 'map' that is moving.

Cheers,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Thanks I'll check that out. Did u mean that the text on the right side should be smaller...something I've thought about.
      Don't SEs pick up text in larger type..???? maybe Beth will see this and straighten me out. That is the reason that I've been told I do not need Htags??????
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Chooco,

I like site 2 better also. A couple of presentation suggestions. Perhaps try to justify your centre column text on your homepage as it runs quite close to your RHS text.

Millions Tour MEXICO Every Year, But Few See or Experience The Real MEXICO!

I would maybe centre this text above, showing 'Experience ....blah.. on a separate line.

Same regarding justiying your text on your policies page.

Hope this helps.

Michele

Comment

Thanks Michelle. What is The URL to your site?
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Still building it!! Driving me mad at the moment as it will be the first one but it seems to be shaping up. Should be ready next week sometime and will post it then.

Michele

Comment

Choco,

I just took another look at your cloned page, try to reduce the width of your centre text in order to create some space between you centre and RHS text as you have some length to play with. Also see what the RHS text looks like if it is justified.

Ha! as I said in another post, I think I must be a 'Justify Junkie'! lol.

Michele

Comment

Hi, looking good Choco. Personally I think the 2nd one has the edge.
                Could do with a little sort out on the images around the site. I know you wont be able to do this with all your images, but when using the light box its nice not to have to scroll anywhere on the page to close an image. IE: keeping them around the 600x400 size
                As an example! On this page http://www.mayatabasco.com/policies.html the images open up far to large & if reduced, you could get them down to a nice 120kb for the pair instead of the 1 meg.

Good luck with the re-design.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I'm the person with the different opinion - I select the first. Why? Because I'm visual and the pictures on the 2nd are so small that I really don't see them. I'd rather you have ONE picture for each tour if you use the 2nd option - and then when you click for more info have the other pics there.

I do like the 3 columns of the 2nd - but as stated above, it needs better definition between the other columns (more space) and I also believe in justified text there (centered loses professionalism in that usage). Also, the Tabasco tour information needs those green lines above it - and the top of the columns need to be lined up.

I think if you tweak this one (and get bigger pics instead of more pics) I might be won over to the 2nd one.

Good luck!
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Chris and Bethers,

Thanks for the critique. Chris, u r right per usual and 'am working on all images,rush to get finished some times...clone page redone??? Beth,as for alignment and all
                    I think I've got it. What da ya think? Met u half way on the photos, took a long time and lot of hours for the photos and I get kinda carried away in showing them.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I like it with the changes. You have some typos - and at least one place where the aligned text doesn't work (spreads it out too much) - so some tweaking still necessary- but the overall feel is good - and the pics are big enough to pull me in now :)
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi choco!! Well, my gosh, back and forth....honestly??? I like the first one. I think it's easier to read and I like the picture layout. It's easier for me to match the pic's with the description. On your clone site, I think the 3rd column doesn't really do much. It highlights all the plus's of Mayo Tabasico, but so does your first site. Anyway...my vote goes for the 1st!
                        Good Job as always, Choco!!
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks for the input Cindy, coming from you it is always valued advise. I have another I'll post if you'll take the time to come back...well you and Beth and al the rest nzbr,Chris, Michelle appreciate you guys....www.mayatabasco.com
                          www.mayatabasco.com/index_clone.html

www.mayatabasco.com/indexclone.html

Left enough room for adsense or adwords on left or is that enough....will it detract? Like the idea but a little counsel will help. Should I widen page???? To accomodate the additions that is....
                          Choco777
                          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hey Choco! Well I like the 3rd one too. Just a few formating issues for me. ie. spacing between the tours, your lines being consistently matched up, those kinds of little things. You know....in looking at the 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I think I like the box around the individual tours. It kind of sets them apart. Also, I know some don't like centering text, but in this case, I think centering the text under the photos or justify may look better. Gee, Choco...I think thats all I can find wrong. Oh one other thing...ok maybe 2 other things...At the bottom where you talk about Mayo Tabasco, maybe have that stand out a little bit..don't have any suggestions right now, maybe black and small print or slightly different font??? Also you ardvark image...ummm...wondering if you put it off the side on purpose. Definintely draws attention. Kind of like one of those post a note thingamagig that says sign here...if you know what I mean. I kind of like that!!
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cindy I tried to do some of those things. Thanks maybe if you reload and get current page, but Thanks and will work on it. You never did send me the log you wanted on my site and where do you want it......Thinking about doing away with all but Mexico and World Travel but Mexico Real estate draws a lot of viewers but then again they are just that.
                              Choco777
                              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                              X