Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my website: I would welcome feedback

Hi

My website www.golfers-clinic.com has been live about 4 weeks now. I have submitted it using the vodahost search engine submission.

Despite having placed my link on numerous directories and anywhere else I can get it placed, and submitted articles left, right and centre such as on ezinearticles.com for example I have zero traffic.

I have spent so much time on trying to optimise the damn thing that I am in danger of not seeing the wood for the trees. Consequently something is definitely not right.

I would be extremely grateful for any feedback whatsoever - even if it is: "Nige, I think you should give up!".

Many thanks,

Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com
    Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com

Re: Please review my website: I would welcome feedback

Hi Nigel,
    Your website looks very professional, and everything seems to work right down to checkout.
    I liked the tone of the intro, but there seems to be a lot of it. I found that the "Golf Instruction" page instantly told me what the site was "for". Maybe that should be your home page?
    I would have assumed that this was a US based site except for the contact details, and the fact that all the golf courses are UK. Having all the prices, and the "billing" information in US format also may be putting your UK customers off, or are you only selling in the US? Do the CDs work in Uk machines? If so - tell us!
    I hope this helps. My first impressions from Leicester may be the same as many others.
    Good luck.
    Helga
    Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Nigel

Youve got a great start, but.. I think your home page is TOO much reading if what you are trying to do is SELL. I didnt see product one on the home page, or a link to it until i got down to the bottom, and, I think I would only use part of the article youve written there.. and then (read more here) and start plugging your product... with some pictures and links. If I come here as a buyer and see all that is there.. and not one of the products I am looking for, then I am gone. Dont depend on the browser/visitor to only use your menu!

Your meta tags should be limited to 4 or 5 major ones, and not repeated so often. Some say the SE dont use them, but.. I think while they may not count them the way they used to.. they definately pay attention to deliberate keyword stuffing. Make sure the keyword phrases you have used are actually ON the page, and limit it to what the page really is about and you will have much better results.

Your lead ins and headings need a little work. Youve done well with page titles, now continue that with your leads and either use H1 formatting or Just use bolded headings as you have done, but make them your keywords.

Also, you have Welcome to... as a heading.. and you have indicated that its a clinic, so they will be expecting you to present the how to's and examples almost for free or to sign up for an actual class! Remember to make it relative across the board, since thats not what you are really doing, but your products can make them SWING LIKE THE PRO'S. I think your headline for the bottom makes a much better topic for your page all around, Golf Instruction! Pair that up with a couple of more phrases and redo your lead in.. and I think it will be great!

Keep in mind also, traffic doesnt come over night, especially when you are in a competitve field. Go visit your competitors and SEE what the top ten results on google are doing, and what you have to beat! This will give you an idea of how to headline each page and present it for both your customer and the SE.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, site looking good. Possible centring of the pages may look better. Would have to agree with Helga on the confusion of where the site is from with the US prices & the UK links.. I take it the site is set up for affiliates/commissions.

Good luck.

PS. There is some miss aliment with your text on a few pages when viewed in fire fox.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by NigelGTuck View Post
          I would be extremely grateful for any feedback whatsoever - even if it is: "Nige, I think you should give up!"
          Never, ever give up!!

Your site looks great.
          Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Helga, Karen, Chris and Vicki

I really do appreciate your comments. I have printed them all out and will now start addressing the points that you have made.

Yes, it is an affiliate site offering US priced products.

It is so beneficial to get other people's perpespective on things because when you work on something for a while you can't step outside the box.

So once again, many thanks for your comments.

Best wishes and regards,

Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com
            Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com

Comment

Hi Nigel,

Looking Good, but I must agree with the posts above 'too much content on front page...

2 Suggestions:
              • Have a look at trying to colour match the light blue or sky from your main picture instead of the green block behind Improve Your Golf Swing ... it will round off the page nicely.
              • Maybe place the pages/links under Golf Instruction by the Professionals in a side nav bar below "best courses in UK"
              Well Done So Far!
              Cheers,
              Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
              Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
              Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
              BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi PlayiyByBeer

Thanks for the 2 suggestions. They make sense and I'll add them to my list.

Best wishes and kind regards

Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com
                Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com

Comment

Hi nigel,

I agree with all of the posts above. Those are great things to make your site better. Since you seemed to be concerned about getting traffic to the site, i suggest you sign up for atleast 5 golf forums. Put a link to your site in the footer/signature, and become an active poster on those forums. This will bring traffic to your site more. Once their there, they will see all the beautiful improvements you're now working on....

Good luck and keep up the good work. If you have submitted to less than 20 directories, you could continue doing that. I think i submitted to a few hundred.

Well done!
                  Best Regards,
                  Alex
                  Surveillance Systems
                  Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                  Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hi Alex

Thanks for some more great advice.

It is all very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com
                    Nigel

www.golfers-clinic.com

Comment

Hi Nigel,
                      Your website looks very professional, and everything seems to work right down to checkout.
                      I liked the tone of the intro, but there seems to be a lot of it. I found that the "Golf Instruction" page instantly told me what the site was "for". Maybe that should be your home page?
                      I would have assumed that this was a US based site except for the contact details, and the fact that all the golf courses are UK. Having all the prices, and the "billing" information in US format also may be putting your UK customers off, or are you only selling in the US? Do the CDs work in Uk machines? If so - tell us!
                      I hope this helps. My first impressions from Leicester may be the same as many others.
                      Good luck.
                      Helga

Comment

Working...
                      X