My Site is Out of Alignment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Site is Out of Alignment!

I am designing my picnic basket site and on my computer it looks great when published. However a couple of days ago, I was showing the site to a friend on a hotel computer and it came up looking YUCKY! Everything is pushed to the right hand side so you cannot read anything! Anyone know why it would be doing that?

My other site was designed the exact same way and it is does not do that! Can you take a look at http://www.wehavepicnicbaskets.com and see if you can help me out????
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: My Site is Out of Alignment!

There could be one or a few reasons for thet. Firstly, it depends what beowser they were using to view your site. Some bowsers shopw things differently. Also, you may be using a non web friendly font. If you are - only people that have that font installed on their pc will actually see the site as you designed it. Others will see a substituted web friendly font which could cause your site to display strangely. It looked fine to me but I do have additional fonts installed.

What fonts are you using and what browser was your friend using?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am using Verdana font on the whole site pretty much. We were viewing the site on a hotel computer and I think it was IE that was on there. I must note that it was an "un-registered" copy of Windows XP so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

I have viewed the site where I work on IE and it looked okay on there too.

Did you look at my site? Did it look okay to you?
      My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

It looks good to me, but I know what you mean my site doea it as well.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

it looks fine to me.

Do you recall what version of IE the hotel's computer had?

On a side-note...viewing the source code of your main page gave me quite a headache, LOL. It would take me a while to find any kinks that might cause the page to render improperly in IE.
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Hi, Must admit the site looks ok from my side in FF & IE. The only things that I can see that looks a little odd, is the right hand column has the text & links, what seems to be left justified & is right on the edge of the left boarder. Apart from that it all looks ok. Some of the pages are a bit slow loading. But this is just down to the thumbnails not being reduced & to large in kb’s.
            Ah! These page’s

have the bookmark us a bit far to the left They are over the boarders left line.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your site came up fine on my work computer.
              As collectors said, I would watch your allignment on the text in the
              right collum, they change with the pages, and some ore over the designs.
              Good work though!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Okay lets see...

First of all I do not know what version of ie the hotel was using.

Secondly, I don't know what you mean by the source code is so confusing? I know it is confusing because I know nothing about html and source codes! *LOL*

I did fix the "bookmark us" on those noted pages and it does look a lot better now. Thank you for that one!

About the slow loading pages, should I be using pix reducer and reducing the size even more than I already have done?

I will add that I went down to my laptop that has two version of ie and firefox installed and it did look fine on all them. Also someone on my messenger looked and it looked fine to him too. Maybe it was just the hotel computer?

Comment

Yep! Bookmarks are fine. On the thumbnail part, I was opening the pages to quick & didn’t realize you were using the light box. With this version of light box you can’t change the thumbnails that it produces to a smaller size. So, unfortunately the thumbnails will have to stay as is.
                  On the hotel side of things, it would be interesting to see how their computer sees other sites, & also other BV sites?

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

Yes it would be interesting but I won't be going back to the hotel. If anyone wants to check it out, it is in Hamilton Ontario Canada. Just send me a note and I will let you know where it is! The internet at least is free there, so I didn't have to drag my laptop just for a one night stay!

Comment

Ah! Got the impression you was showing a friend at a local hotel to you. lol
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

You are correct, I was staying at the hotel with a friend and went down to their business centre to check email. While there I pulled up my site to show it to her and saw that it did not look good at all. So it was not my computer I was using (if that is what you thought) it was the hotel's computer.

Anyhow, no one has reported the same problem so I guess it was just a fluke or something.

Comment

Working...
                        X