• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • konent
    Private

• Jun 2007

Review my site

Hi All,

This is my first web site. Please review and comment on my site.

www.kingscourtsuites.ca

Thanks,
    Kingsley
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Review my site

Pretty clean indeed!

1. You need to properly title your pages, and to complete the "Properties" (Key Words, Meta, etc.).

2. Most of your smaller pictures along the top display a great deal of distortion (probably from re-sizing manually rather than using an editor -- even the VodaHost Free pix resizer would really help here). Being this small, clarity is especially important.

3. Your Main Text color should be darker and a little further from the overall border tints you are using: continuity is great, but legibility is paramount --- try a medium or complimentary gray tint to bring in not only a professional crispness, but tie in the background of the logo as well.

4. You have some spelling and/or syntax gaffes.....mostly due to English not being a primary language (i.e. "suitcase" "affordable" etc.). These seem small, but on a minimal site, the impact is amplified tremendously. First impressions are extremely important (especially on a 'professional' or commercial site), and often serve to smooth over minor glitches elsewhere.....providing it appears to be an oversight rather than a lapse of intent or effort.

I will re-visit a bit later on, and delve into the interior. Once these prominent and primary issues are resolved, then you should already know what you need to focus on......
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, coming along real well. Ditto with Vasili’s comments. The only thing I might add is the shapes you have placed as backgrounds have quite bad looking corners, more so on the feature page. I personally don’t find this works very well in BV & tend use the square edges.
      It maybe an idea to (should I say this) permanently borrow some edges from another site. lol

But like the style & lay out.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• konent
        Private

• Jun 2007

I have made some update to the site as advised. The images works fine via explorer, but not too well with firefox.

Thanks

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, looking lots better without the round edges.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• helganog
            Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi there,
            The site looks great, and all seems to work OK.
            I found that some of the photos on your home page slide show did not finish loading before the next image came up (see above comments re pix resizer?)
            "Monthly" is mis-spelt on the feature page (both apartments).
            Only the first two "hot spots around town" actually link...is this ongoing? I would have the pages open as a new window so that your site remains open as well. (Don't ask me how to do it as I can't remember! I'm sure one of the super brains on BV will oblige).
            Hope these comments help, and good luck with the apartments - they look fabulous.
            Cheers
            Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

• whiteshepherd
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi there,

Ditto to all the above comments ... with a bit of tweakng it will look even better than it does now ... well done you are doing a great job ..
              kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.whiteshepherds.com.au
              www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• konent
                Private

• Jun 2007

Thanks guys for all you contribution they have very helpful. The images I will have to update later when I get with new pictures. I have downloaded the pix resizer to make the changes.

Contributions are still welcomed.

Thanks.

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Hi, just a tip for the PIXresizer. Remember to tick one of the smaller percentages for the actual physical size of the image. Many forget to do this & it can nearly half the KB’s again.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X