My First Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Attempt

This my first attempt ever at website construction. I feel it is pretty basic but I think it covers everyhting I need ( the results page is still under construction.) I wanted it to be more professional looking but I am still learning. Please be nice to me ?

Critter.

site is at www.youngmotorcycleclub.com

Re: My First Attempt

Well done, like your photos.
    The Home page invites visitors to explore the rest.

Some pointers:
    -Avoid the horizontal scroll, even on action sites like yours, its not something visitors like.
    -Consider putting your site name on the pics, wont stop someone from using them, but it will give you an even more professional look.
    -The For Sale page has a "click on image" which doesn't work, remove it or make it a working link.
    -Some pages have no NavBar or Home button. Using the browser back button may lose visitors.
    -Not a big fan of using different colors for the scroll bars, some visitors may fond them distracting or 'stealing' from your pages.
    -Contacts: consider adding an e-mail, example info@yrdomain rather than just phone numbers.

Good job
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Your site is very eye catching

I think you should consider putting the navigation bar on all pages that way visitors can navigate from any page

Good luck
      egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
      Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Nice site Critter.
        Ditto BIll's comments regarding width of pages - you should keep the width at no more than 800 to accomodate the most visitors with varying screen sizes. When you have to side scroll, not only is it annoying, but it throws off the balance of your pages.

Also ditto both BIll and Edgar regarding nav bars. You want to have them on all pages, to make it as easy as possible for people to read, enjoy and stay on your site.

Another thing is the white text over the background. It is hard to read - gets mixed up with the background image. You might consider putting a light grey box shape above the background and behind your text, and make the text black, to increase readability.

I really like this site. Pictures are good, text is interesting.
        Well put together..
        good job.
        regards.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Bill 2006, Egar50 & Larazovich.

Thanks all for you positive and constructive feedback. Really appreciated the comments and I have implemented all that you have suggested. The only thing that hasn;t worked is Lavazovich's suggestion of making the page width 800. I did this to each page, however the left side seems to have a preset margin and I can't make the items on the page move to the left and therefore can't avoid on some pages having to use horizontal scroll bar to see the remaining page.

Thanks again for your comments. Really appreciated.

Critter

Comment

Hi Critter
            When you build your site in the site builder, build it tight to the top and left, and limit it to 800 max width, doesn't matter about the length,
            Then, go to view-page properties and tick the little box that says center in browser and you should be aces.
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Very nice Critter, listen to the above and get rid of the scroll.......Good job
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
              X