Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please rate my site

Hello
    we are Starting to advertise this biz as I type. I need feedback please folks.

Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Re: please rate my site

Hi. Just had a quick look at your site. If I may...just a few suggestions. These may seem a little nit-picky, but just giving you my opinion:

1. Would sure like to see a nicer header. The one you are using is pretty blaa. You might try the logo feature in the bluevoda webbuilder or THIS site.
    2. Your entire site is a LOT of text. Have you thought about breaking it up with photos or links to actual videos that you have produced? To expect people to just sit and read, is a lot. Make it a place we want to visit.
    3. You need to title your pages. Click on your page properties and fill in the title. This will put the title of your page in your browser title. Right now, they all say Home.
    4. Your subheadings aren't consistent. ie. video services/business services, I can barely read your subheading as it hurts my eyes. On the other pages, sometimes you bold, sometimes shadow, etc. I would suggest being consistent.
    5. I would also be consistent in your font type and size, especially on the same page.
    6. On video bio pricing, I don't care for the marquee scroll. It is to short and goes back and forth.

I think you have a great start and have many of the basics down. I would do away with the clip art since you are in the professional video industry, you should have more examples of your work and at the least, some high quality photos. You have done a lot of work so far...just a little more fine tuning! Good Job!!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Re: please rate my site

Hi,

You are off to a great start.

I just had a quick look to and 'ditto' to Dream Lady's comments.

Something I noticed is nearly every sentence on your home page starts with We ... may I suggest taking a look at this; for example, instead of We here at DNS Video Service offer many video services at a very reasonable rate. Maybe consider starting with something like ... DNS Video Service offers reasonable rates. This is what we call the active voice ... currently much of your text is 'passive voice'.

I also notice on your wedding prices pages there are grammatical and spelling errors. So maybe consider checking all your text.

Also it would be nice to know something about you and your work. It would be great to see some of your work as well.

Good luck with the business and think you have done a great job.

kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
      X