Site Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Review

Please take a look at my site and let me know what you think.

Site: www.6994th.com

and thanks for your input.
    www.6994th.com

Re: Site Review

You have done a great job of you website ... well done ... a couple of suggestions you might like to consider are centering your pages .. right click on an empty part of the the page, select page properties, and then select the centre page box.

The other thing I noticed was you pics on the home page are a huge size around 700 kbs ... you might like to consider downsizing them so they are not so big. There is a free tool here called pixresizer which is great for that. I'm sorry couldn't find the link ... but someone else will lknow where it is if you can't find it.
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Download PixResizer here http://vodahost.com/pix.htm
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bravo, Bravo...I salute you! You have done a great job with your website. Ditto above on the centering and size of photos. Your photos, logo and maps are wonderful, nice, crisp and clear. Great Job!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

White, bill, and Dream - Thanks for your input. I will be updating my site this weekend with your suggestions. (Darn day-job just let's me play on the weekends).

Bill - I went to the link you sent and noticed that the size of the file was 0.00 KB. do you know of another site I can get it from?
          www.6994th.com

Comment

BigDogDaddy: If you click on the link Bill gave you it will bring up Pixresizer as well as the winzip utility if you don't already have one. Pix is a zip file, so you need to unzip it after you download it, using the winzip utility and then it will ask you if you want to install it. Hope that helps.
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Love the subject - I will return often to learn all about that war. ditto on the resizer - very important - maybe you have some video you could put in or you can take all your pictures, put them into a movie format and over talk about the pictures we are looking at. Video is the wave. Thanks for the site.
              Mrmagoo144
              Can't see very well you know!
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi, you can get the PIXresizer here http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
                When you are using it, remember to load the image 1st & also choose one of the one of the box’s for a % of the physical size of the image. (check box).
                Many users reduce the images KB’s & forget to reduce the size. Checking one of these boxes can reduce the KB’s by ½ again.

Nice site
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X