• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aussietrim
    Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Re: Advice please

Jolen, I just tried - Save Target As, instead of Save Picture As, and he works just fine. Thanks a million for your trouble.
    Aussietrim

Comment

• Windameer Farm
      Captain

• Dec 2006

Np if you look at my site the farm one you'll see I like doing that :).

Good luck with your site.

Jolen
      www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• Aussietrim
        Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Thanks Jolen - your site is great - maybe with help from people like you I might be able to acheive something that looks a little more professional. Oh well, only a couple of months ago I would never have imagined I could make any sort of website. Without Blue Voda I never would. Now I just have to improve.

Comment

• Aussietrim
          Master Sergeant

• May 2007

I now have a new problem. I updated all my pages with Jolen's kookaburra, and re-published several successfully. But then as I published another, it came up with the web address above the heading like this.
          http://www.karanadownsgc.com/woodlands.html. Help! I didn't do anything different. There are a couple more pages that I haven't published because they show up this way in the test page. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Windameer Farm
            Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by Aussietrim View Post
            I now have a new problem. I updated all my pages with Jolen's kookaburra, and re-published several successfully. But then as I published another, it came up with the web address above the heading like this.
            http://www.karanadownsgc.com/woodlands.html. Help! I didn't do anything different. There are a couple more pages that I haven't published because they show up this way in the test page. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you try to put something in your HTLM inside your page?
            Here's the Kookaburra faceing the other way for your right side sorry I didn't think of it yesterday . :)

Jolen
            Attached Files

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

• Jacksparrow_6
              Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi Aussietrim!

Super job mate! I agree with everyone else, super site.

One critisism might be that on the homepage the menubar at the top has a drop down menu which goes underneath the text at the bottom.

Good luck, great site!
              sigpic
              Jacksparrow_6

Comment

• Aussietrim
                Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Ooops, thanks Jolen for that. I do know how to flip him but just forgot in some of the pages and I am so unobservant I hadn't noticed. The only thing I did with the HTML part was put in the bit about no caching, but I did that to all the pages. It isn't happening any more so I will just do a new page for the one that still has that address at the top.
                Thanks Jack. I don't know how to bring the text of the drop down menu to the front. Is is possible, or should I just move things round so that it doesn't go near the other text?
                Aussietrim

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                  Captain

• Dec 2006

NP Aussietrim,

you may want to look into using navals single menu. I use it for my headder, menus , and the address at the bottom of my site. here's the link.

to get your menu to the frunt you left click it and godown to move to front and it will be ove the other items.

Jolen

Comment

• Aussietrim
                    Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Tnanks Jolen - Naval has explained it very well - I would think that even I should be able to understand it! re the drop down menu, I hadn't realised that "move to the front" would work on the drop down part, but I see it does. Thanks a lot. I don't really like those menu bars and think the button ones are a lot better looking. If they had a drop down action attached to them it would be great. I might consider using them and just having text menus for the various sub pages.
                    Aussietrim

Comment

• Aussietrim
                      Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Another question please. One of my friends tells me that the word Links on all the pages, sticks out over the frame. This doesn't appear on my computer. That is a worry because lots of people might be seeing something different in other pages too. I have "no-cached" all the pages.
                      Aussietrim

Comment

• Dream Lady
                        Major General

• Feb 2006

Everything looks great except on your top menu bar when the sub-menu for Photo's opens up it does cover up the SubTitle Text. I would suggest moving your photos on your menu bar over to the far right, so that when you mouse over it, it doesn't cover up your text title. You do this by opening up your menu bar properties and select photos and move down. Other than that, everything looks fine. I am viewing using IE7. What browser is your friend using?
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Aussietrim
                          Master Sergeant

• May 2007

Thanks for that advice Cindy. I will do that soon - I had moved them along a bit but evidently not far enough.
                          I think my friend is probably using IE6, as I am. I had IE7 on my old computer but didn't like it so haven't upgraded this one yet.

Comment

• drweb
                            Corporal

• Jun 2006

can anyone tell me how to start new topic or put new thred in this forum. i want to tell you my sad story in last 1 year regarding web designing and hosting
                            thanks

Comment

• Aussietrim
                              Master Sergeant

• May 2007

If you use your back button to the previous page, you will see at the top left of the lists of threads - New Thread. Just click on that.

Comment

• drweb
                                Corporal

• Jun 2006

Thanks Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X