Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please rank

Hi,

Could you please review and rank my site (made by bluevoda)

I do know of some areas that need my attention(like the pop-in) but as my working computer has crashed i can't fix anything until i have brought a new one.

Rank = 1-10 (10 being better than 1)

Thanks everyone

Re: Please rank

I don't like very long pages that much as users must scroll down too far. Maybe you can consider creating more pages, each with its own categorised topics. The Boss be Gone picture is almos 400kb, which is faaaaaaaaar too big. It makes you page loading very very slowly, even on broadband. I see your top image has been reduced in size, so I take for granted that you know how to use PIXresizer. Rating: 5
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Rating: 3

Sorry, you asked. I have a few problems.
      • First there are millions of sites like this out there. If you really want a successful site you need to be more creative and stand out in the crowd.
      • I do like your domain name however! That's very clever
      • Some of your images are jagged and blurred, especially ones with text.
      • Your page is not centered properly
      • I agree with Tom's assessment above too
      • I think you font size is to big
      • Who are you? I would not buy from someone that doesn't tell me something about who they are, name, phone number, email address...something.
      You have a start and thats a lot more than most people have. Keep fine tuning and you'll get there!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

My two esteemed peers have presented some of the more obvious errors, and have alluded to some of the conceptual incompletes......and are much more gracious when it comes to this genre of website than I have been in the past.

However, in keeping with this good form, I will point out a few of the issues I spotted immediately, such as the rampant mis-spellings and sloppy syntax first as one of the greatest obstacles to communicating your "idea" to any prospective visitor. Additionally, your compositional form is less than effective or polished, and does not follow proper use rules: not only will this pierce a gaping hole in the balloon of the "idea" in visitor's perceptions, it will cause the Search Engines to flag your site as possibly "fraudulent" due to such simple and prolific abuse of form and construct, and not only may result in a negative rating -which is difficult to overcome on a timely basis- but may cause the regular caching to be postponed until measurably significant changes are made to warrant another spidering.

And....in echoing with Cindy (I must, sorry!), rather than depend on trying to reach too high and "fluff up" the language of your site, you should strive to create the foundations of credibility with the full disclosure of all the important essentials now required by law: Your full legal identification (as owner or administrator of this site, including Name/Business Entity, street address --no PO Box or other "drop", telephone number --as alternative means of contact) and Privacy Policy (since you provide a Contact technology that uses and "collects" personally idetifiable information such as name, address, email addresses, etc.). Since your VodaHost website is hosted in the US, you must adhere to US Law, and these provisions of the CANN and Patriot Act(s) apply to you without exception. *Your Privacy Policy needs to be prominently accessible from every page of your website, and is usually provided as either a pop-up or page link at the bottom of webpages.

You need to totally "re-think" your 'Disclaimer/Terms'......not only do they not make any sense, they are not enforceable in the slightest. Hoping that visitors drill in to read this gobblty-gook to absolve you from liability is a situation rife with contention: beware! You would be better off making some of these assertions plainly and prominently on your download or transactional page, and to be safer yet, create a "checkbox" each purchaser must manually click to affirm that they have read and/or comply with these simplified terms.

In the same vein, you need to state your merit of assertion with regard to "Copyright".....who is asserting this? You need to say something like "MyWebsite.com Copyright (C) 2007 My Business Name"

When these simple....essential....issues are cleared up, I am sure you will have a much better potential to differentiate yourself from the incredibly crowded field you have chosen to participate in.

Good Luck! We're rooting for you!!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, was having a look through your web page & noticed a couple of things that may need changing.
          The two images below would look better if reduce using a program. (Will get rid of the crinkled look)

Couple of spelling mistakes. But this maybe US-UK versions/ways of spelling.
          Simplier- simpler
          Untill- Until
          Familar- familiar
          Planing- Planning
          Absolutly- absolutely

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks everyone,

#1 - the page was never ment to be centred (custom made to how I wanted it)

#2 - All spelling has been checked a number of times and is all correct- I refer to NZ (new zealand) spelling standard

#3 - The boss Be Gone box is ment to be blured

#4 - The website will not be indexed to any search engine

As for everything else i will look into very closely, eg my details, privacy policy ect

Thank-you everyone for your review and hopefully soon it will look beter

Comment

Hi Leigh,

You have a great start to your website but I certainly agree with all the comments from my peers above ... I also agree with Collector's Info spelling the words planning, simpler, until, familiar, and absolutely ... I am Australian and an editor and the spellings he has given are universal no matter what English speaking country we live in ...

#3 - The boss Be Gone box is ment to be blured .. This graphic is 344 kb and it is distorting as I suspect you have used the handles to resize it ... there is a free resizer called pixresizer at http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm Just remember to drop the pix size as well as the physical size of the photo ... that way your box will be nicely blurred and not distorted ... If you look at the graphics on our webpages (right click on the image and then click properties) you will see just what size they are ... mine are rarely larger than 25 kb ...

Hope this all helps you ... as this is all we are trying to do ... I only started here 6 weeks ago and we all have to start somewhere ... this forum is fantastic and you have asked for help. I hope you do well.
              kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.whiteshepherds.com.au
              www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

I can only say what has already been said, the font is too big and I would not have your index page so long. Also maybe put a navigation bar on the top.

I like the idea, good luck.

Brent

Comment

Working...
                X