Re: Costume Shop

May i say one thing shopping cart.

Comment

• C L
      General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by Dream Lady View Post
      I was just visiting your site again. You have already done somewhat of what I was suggesting above with the Themes, I just noticed on your Gallery Page. Christmas, Halloween, Historical, etc. That's what I had in mind (sorry..didn't see it before), but more relevent content in terms of costumes available. As a side note...(since I'm interested in the sexy lady outfits...lol) you have hot,hot,hot midi. Have you thought about putting Mandy's version on that page? ummm ok, I'll quit playing now.

Hi Cindy,

Yes, I have the costumes started into sections, same with accessories, but I'm not happy the overall look, I'd like to mix what you and a few others have and what I have and make it a site.....that works, stays fun and looks professional....

No, gosh no, I have not thought about Mandy's music or anything like that, I collected up some midis to do just as you said, to make it a little more fun when you're looking at the costumes.....

I'm taking everything that is said in.......and really do appreciate the input, whether it be s**** the site or keep the site......I want to hear, I'm quite serious about achieving this.....future plans cannot even begin, until I get the base down.......

Thanks

Comment

• C L
        General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous View Post
        May i say one thing shopping cart.
        You certainly may Alien..........

.......I've been thinking about it, and is a future plan for the site....I have to get the rest right first though.......plus understand alot more........it kinda scares me, that shopping cart, but would be a smart thing to have, I agree.

So nice to see you again.......and thanks.

Comment

• C L
          General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
          not silly, but I am not sure if necessary. How will the customer know where to get that login info?
          I really like the idea of the reference gallery, by the way. Cool to see all the different folk costumes, for instance, to see the differences.
          You're right about that Liz....how will they know, those pages were alot of work......far from finished, I like them too.....I have mixed thoughts about those pages......

.....there must be a way to accomplish the look I want and still be professional and before I continue on, having your input, as well as others before it's finished is important to me.

This is time consuming as you know, so I don't want to do it a third time, I'd like to move on to something new.....

Thanks for your say.....

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi CL, Sorry! But have to agree with Savolo. It feels a bit more like a site for web based Halloween parties with an overdose of special effects.
            I think a lot of the pages look great as individual pages. But mixed up together? No!. It gives me the feeling that i keep leaving the site & get a bit disorientated. (But this might be just age) lol.
            Unless I am missing something I would defiantly loose the login area. Cant see the point.
            On the image side of things, you need to cut back, especially on the background sizes. Most background image should be about 3-4 KB & a few of yours are 300-600kb & really bogging the pages down on the 1st visit.
            These images should be sliced to about 3kb & repeated in a table background.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• C L
              General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              Hi CL, Sorry! But have to agree with Savolo. It feels a bit more like a site for web based Halloween parties with an overdose of special effects.
              I think a lot of the pages look great as individual pages. But mixed up together? No!. It gives me the feeling that i keep leaving the site & get a bit disorientated. (But this might be just age) lol.
              Unless I am missing something I would defiantly loose the login area. Cant see the point.
              On the image side of things, you need to cut back, especially on the background sizes. Most background image should be about 3-4 KB & a few of yours are 300-600kb & really bogging the pages down on the 1st visit.
              These images should be sliced to about 3kb & repeated in a table background.

Good luck.
              It's ok Chris, I'm glad I put it up.....before I did more, and I was hoping you'd have something to say, its busy I know, half of me likes it, half of me doesn't....

Some of the backgrounds wouldn't optimize for me properly without losing quality.

Any more suggestions/ideas/templates for me?

I would like to get this site looking professional, I still want to keep some of what I did.....somehow, I'm in need of some ideas.

In vodahost templates, under one of the flash sets on page 2, there was a template that had an antique swinging sign.....I liked that, I was thinking a victorian store/costume shop front type of index page with a sign like that......only problem is, I do not know how to make the look I desire. If it was on paper, I could create away, when it comes to the computer, I am limited.......would you be able to help me a bit there?

I like your work, very much so.........I could really use a bit of a push to get me started in the right direction creatively, yet professionally. I'm lost when it comes to building a site the way you folks do.......LE has been saying this for awhile to me.......I still cannot design something I like.

Oh, and yes the password is going along with some other suggestions made.....thanks everyone, I needed to hear this from more people to actually hear it.....lol

Off to work, if you all have more to say, say it now please and any ideas would be great!

Comment

• bill2006
                Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Robyn,
                Probably covered above. Some of the "Next" buttons in galleries do not work, if there is no second page, might it not be best to remove it on those pages?
                -Would be nice to see enlarged uniform images.
                -Not sure what "Costume list" is for. No links, nice to know you might have a specific costume, perhaps a "search" option be more functional.

Great work
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• C L
                  General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by bill2006 View Post
                  Robyn,
                  Probably covered above. Some of the "Next" buttons in galleries do not work, if there is no second page, might it not be best to remove it on those pages?
                  -Would be nice to see enlarged uniform images.
                  -Not sure what "Costume list" is for. No links, nice to know you might have a specific costume, perhaps a "search" option be more functional.

Great work
                  Hi Bill,

There is "next" pages, haven't published yet...still working with all the pics, maybe I shouldn't have the next up there till there is a next.

The uniforms....a bit hard to see, ok, I'll work on that. I'm hearing a bit on the costume list......yes, we have those costumes....search option, a good idea..another suggestion was to have the link attached.....

Thanks for having a look......appreciate it

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

I must admit, that looking around other shops of this type on the web, is they all look very similar. The problem is! That the site has got to be neutral’ish because of the variations in themes that you have.
                    Maybe have a common theme on the outside of the pages for headings/menus and alike. Then maybe the central area could be a theme. But something subtle.
                    Could even use the BV layer feature for backgrounds of the theme part.
                    Was having a play around at this link. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/cl.html It might be a way of keeping an overall look with different themes.
                    But! Must admit that Aliens shopping cart is a real good idea. (soho)? Just not sure if it’s as flexible as BV.

Cheers.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• C L
                      General

• Jul 2006

I must admit, that looking around other shops of this type on the web, is they all look very similar. The problem is! That the site has got to be neutral’ish because of the variations in themes that you have.
                      Maybe have a common theme on the outside of the pages for headings/menus and alike. Then maybe the central area could be a theme. But something subtle.
                      Could even use the BV layer feature for backgrounds of the theme part.
                      Was having a play around at this link. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/cl.html It might be a way of keeping an overall look with different themes.
                      But! Must admit that Aliens shopping cart is a real good idea. (soho)? Just not sure if it’s as flexible as BV.

Cheers.
                      Good morning Chris,

Exactly! They all look alike........

Well, you'd sure have a laugh at what I was trying to make last night.....and I'm no further ahead......what you've made is really, really nice.......and I knew you would be excellent, I've seen some of your work and IMO you're a creative GURU.

This is so difficult for me it isn't funny.....as you can tell from the website, I like color and lots of it, but what you're saying and everyone else.....it's not the clean professional website that I'm trying to achieve, wow, white.......

I love the dracula/transparency.....definately like the red name......

.......thank-you for taking the time to make this page, so very much appreciated......

I agree.......with Aliens & yourself, pretty much what everyone else has said too, I needed to hear it, no matter how much I like my pages, and I think they have a look to them that's fun & somewhat professional it does have to go......and with that being said, I'm lost about losing all the color......

You have given me much to think about here.....and your time doing this, is incredibly valuable.......thank-you

highest regards

Thanks Chris.....YOU ROCK!

Comment

• C L
                        General

• Jul 2006

.....timed out, lol

I like the template.........that you've made, no question, so very different than what I was doing.....

Comment

• C L
                          General

• Jul 2006

.....I'm late for work now, lol

......you have the colors red & black and that's the two I wanted, clever of you to pick up on that with so many floating around on the website......

ok, gotta run.....thanks again Chris

did I already say YOU ROCK! (I did?) oh well,

YOU ROCK!

Comment

• Collectors-info
                            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, the main reason for white as a background is it saves’s so much time on not having to make up transparent backgrounds with images. (Being lazy)
                            What I was messing around with was just for different ideas. But it’s a hard one to try & find a happy medium with for all types of costumes.
                            To colorful & it wont match 50% of the costumes. To white & it’s boring. (Cant win). Need some artists impute for this one. I was trying some colors & can’t find a good match. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/cl2.html
                            If you get enough ideas, one will work. LOL
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• SChajin
                              Major General

• Jan 2006

Hey Roybn,

I just loved it, I may be a little late...Just loved the music!! Really cute.
                              Sharon Chajin

Comment

• C L
                                General

• Jul 2006

Hi, the main reason for white as a background is it saves’s so much time on not having to make up transparent backgrounds with images. (Being lazy)
                                What I was messing around with was just for different ideas. But it’s a hard one to try & find a happy medium with for all types of costumes.
                                To colorful & it wont match 50% of the costumes. To white & it’s boring. (Cant win). Need some artists impute for this one. I was trying some colors & can’t find a good match. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/cl2.html
                                If you get enough ideas, one will work. LOL
                                Well you weren't too lazy Chris cause I like this page......I have alot of images/clipart but I didn't have that Comedy & Tragedy.....is it ok to use them? I really like them, their perfect!

Is that the gallery background optimized? Cause if it is, I don't mind it, yet when I optimized it I didn't like it......I like the layout & that color red.

I still have color, yaaaaah!...... (minus the pink....ha ha)

How did you get the dracula to fade like that?

Thank-you Chris! This works for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X