• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outbackjackie
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Re: which looks best templates or DIY

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
    Hi. Remember you can have as many sub-domains as you want for FREE. Can sometimes be a good way to organise areas of a site. IE:
    http://www.outbackjack.info/ as the main introduction & then……

And so on. Only an idea?
    sub domains sound good but I don't know how to go about it. Is there a place that describes the why how and where of it all?

Comment

• outbackjackie
      Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Boy have I been busy trying to check my spelling. I am taking it seriously but it will take some time to go through it all. I am also putting 'Outback Jack" on the top of my pages to give it some continuity. I have also got rid of some of the boxes from my front page to make it look less busy, and have simplified the outback kids section. Oh and I have made the recipe pages conform to one look. If you have time check them out and tell me if it is better or worse? http://www.outbackjack.info/soupsandstarters.html

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

AJ: LOL...better check my own spelling!!

outback: Yes, I like the look of the soupsandstarters page. Easier to read and nice to look at. The color/background theme you have going there, maybe could be the same for all Kitchen/cooking pages you have. Then keep the same theme and maybe change the color to green for the gardening, etc. Just a thought. How do you feel about eliminating the boxes and tables? Do you think it looks better? Bottom line....if you like it..go with it!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• outbackjackie
          Sergeant

• Jun 2007

The front page does look better without all of the boxes. I am currently looking at magazines and trying to get some ideas for original layout from them. I don't like overly generic looking websites, that is what you find with many of the free hosting websites, they all get the same feel and you don't know when you have left one for another sometimes because they are all the same. I was looking at a tourist mag and they have a block of photos with numbers on and then the information boxes are coded to the picture on the same page appearing in a near location.

Since I am very image orientated in many parts I may try this out when I have time. I have just returned from a two day chainsaw coorse and my arms and head are 'caput'. I will keep working on it with your recommendations in mind. You are a great bunch to be bothered helping me.

Comment

• ianric
            Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi Jackie, Don't know if you have found out about using sub-domains yet, they are really easy to do. There is a video about it check it out at

People often use templates if they are putting together a quick site to sell something. I like your site because it is different to all those same sites that shout buy me.

Good Luck, Ian
            Ian
            Web Graphics, eBook Covers, Headers, and Buttons
            ImageWizard.biz

Comment

• outbackjackie
              Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by ianric View Post
              Hi Jackie, Don't know if you have found out about using sub-domains yet, they are really easy to do. There is a video about it check it out at

People often use templates if they are putting together a quick site to sell something. I like your site because it is different to all those same sites that shout buy me.

Good Luck, Ian
              Thanks I have been wondering about where to find that. Only thing is if I use the subdomains I will need to rename the existing pages and I don't know how to remove a page from my control panel

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by outbackjackie View Post
                Thanks I have been wondering about where to find that. Only thing is if I use the subdomains I will need to rename the existing pages and I don't know how to remove a page from my control panel

HI .. also, you would have to change any linking to and from any of those existing pages too .. but in answer to your question, to remove a page from your public_html directory, you can go into file manager, enter public_html folder, look for the page by it's name and delete it .. you can leave it in your recycle bin for a bit to be sure that you have actually deleted the page that you wanted to ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X