• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingtut0_3
    Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Published BV

Hi

Ijust published www.grumpyscountrystore.com I went on my old thread yesterday and got nowhere, so I decided to open a new tread. I sure wish someone would go and look at my new store and let me know what else has to be done to it before I go and publish any more pages. When you get the time.please

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I hopeI didn't break any rules, If so I apologize in advance.

Chuck
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Published BV

Hi Chuck -
    This is the proper room for you to ask for a site review - so np - and you'll probably get more response here.

First, you need to rethink the text you're using. There are only a few texts that are universal to all computers - and by using one that isn't - you will be having your page displaying different on lots of computers.

Also - you need to think about SEO from the gitgo - you have "home" as the page title - when you KNOW you need the title to be using your best keyword for the page.

You've also made the page too wide. I suggest you keep it to within 1000 pixels so most people will be able to see it without sideways scroll. (If you don't want ANYONE to have side scroll, then keep it to about 760-780 (to accommodate those on 800 wide displays).

You also are using a lot of different colors. I suggest you make the navigation buttons be in colors that match the header - or vice versa - instead of just throwing another color out there.

You also have your name in your header (which is correct) - but then you repeat it in larger letters at the top of the page - no need for it there - THAT is where you need your BEST KEYWORDS for the page in an h1 tag. You have the h1 tag just fine - but why your name - no one will be searching for you by it?

Good start.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• kingtut0_3
      Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Hi Beth;

Thank you for the quick response. I made most of the changes you suggested. If you could please go and check the home page again and let me know if I'm on the right track Again thank you.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Chuck

Comment

• kingtut0_3
        Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Hi

I just redid all my pages and republished. I was wondering if someone could go and check them out when they get time.

Thank you in advance

Chuck

Comment

• whiteshepherd
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I like what you are trying to achieve and love a lot of what you are selling ... I do notice your pages are too wide still.

On Mystical, Piriates, Egyptian ... it should be pirates ... but the page goes fromf and nice width and widens as you go down the page ... keeping a uniformity of around 800 wide would make your pages look really professional.

Maybe consider not italicising your text as it makes it difficult to read and would give it a really clean look. Usually italics and bold are used for emphasis.

Keep up the good work.
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• kingtut0_3
            Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Whitesheperd

Thank you a quick replay. I went and did your suggestion and did away with the itlics. I also added a couple more pages. If you or someone else could go and check them out I would apprecite it. When you get time.

Thank you in advance.

Chuck

Comment

• kingtut0_3
              Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Hi ;
              I just did some more changes and added mal's cart to my store. I was wondering if someone could go and have a look and let me know what you think. I would appreciate it when you get the time.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I see you have been working hard well done ...

I am going to leave Mal's cart alone and leave that to people who know something about it ...

Have you thought ablout centering your pages ... right click on an empty part of the page and click on page properties. Then check the centre in browser box. Something else that may look good is a border around the work area to finish the page.

Keep up the good work.
                kym, merlin & tala
                creating white majick
                www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                www.merlinsmajick.com
                www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• kingtut0_3
                  Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Whiteshepherd

I center the page like you suggested, but I had to make some ghanges to the header. I published the home page only. When you get the time could you go and check it out for me. Then come and give the news good, bad or ugly.

As for a border I can't seem to figure out how to put one around the work area. If you also could help me out in this I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Comment

• Dream Lady
                    Major General

• Feb 2006

To put a border around your work area, click on the shapes icon and drag the blue handles to completely cover your work area. Then double click the shape area to open up the properties box. Select the fill area to transparent. Then click on enable border and set the size of your border and the color you want. You can either leave that on top of all of your other work, or what I do is send it to the back by selecting the shape, so to layout, arrange and send to back. You may have to play a little with it, to make sure it doesn't overlap any of your work area, especially over on the left hand side.

Your site looks much better centered...in my opinion.
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• kingtut0_3
                      Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

dream lady;

Thank you for the quick responce. I will give it a try and then republish and let everyone know. Again thank you.

Chuck

Comment

• kingtut0_3
                        Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Hi;

OK' I went did some more changes. I only had time to do 4 pages. The home, inspirational, mystical and dolphins page. When someone gets a chance could you please go and check them out, then let me know. Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Comment

• Dream Lady
                          Major General

• Feb 2006

Well, what do you think? Do you like it better? I think what whiteshepard was thinking was 1 border around the entire page, but I think what you have done looks fine. Centered for sure makes a big difference
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• kingtut0_3
                            Staff Sergeant

• May 2007

Hi,

Thank you for all the responses, I sure appreciate it. I learned something new today about borders and I think it is great. I love the heck out of BV.

I made a lot of changes to my store. When someone gets a chance could they go and ckeck it out. I hope I didn't povr do the borders. Thank you in advance.

Chuck

Comment

• Dream Lady
                              Major General

• Feb 2006

Chuck: I was reviewing someone elses site last week and my comment to them, is that they over did it on the borders and boxes. Way to much...but...the way you have done it, I think looks GREAT! Your site looks more professional than it did before. My only negative is the color of your prices and description. I think the blue on the green is somewhat hard to read. I would have liked a lighter color for your text and prices, but that is just me. Overall YOUR LOOKING GOOD!
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X