• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CapCon
    Private

• Aug 2007

The Joys of Blue Voda... Please Check Out My New Site

Hi everyone,

Have had my website up and running for a month now and would appreciate any feedback. I love the fact that Blue Voda has all the PayPal buttons on a toolbar instead of having to get the code from the PayPal site.

Cheers,

Ollie

www.helpolliefly.net

will soon be:

www.helpolliefly.com
  • higge
    First Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Re: The Joys of Blue Voda... Please Check Out My New Site

As an aircraft grazy myself, I have to say Grrrreat. But... In "win a flight" page and bottom part, there is little problem with your text. Seems like two words are top of each other. I'd rather go with PA28.... btw, word "column in that same page shows only half word.
    I'm using firefox.

Cheers

Jarkko

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, site looks fine. You need to have a good look at your keywords & the SE side of things. (There isn’t any on some pages) And need to reduce most of your images. The real plane image on the front page is 242.78KB & would be quite happy at about 20kb.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Ollie,

If what you say is genuine then you will have to show proof to convince people to donate otherwise they might think it just another scam or a con job to solicit money. Who would want to take you to court for 1 English Pound?
        The lawyers fees will be much more.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• CapCon
          Private

• Aug 2007

Thanks for the feedback and advice, I'll change the site asap.

Zuriatman, I understand what you are saying and have previously thought about the issue but how would you suggest I prove my authenticity? Photos of myself with my licence perhaps?

Cheers,

Ollie

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Made me chcukle at your ingenuity, and with the brashness required to pull this one off!

It doesn't matter, really, on how "perfect" your website is (matter of fact, you will probably be more successful in your mission if you keep it looking quite unprofessional, know what I mean?).....it's all about the pitch.
            > You might try a bit more sophistication in your pitch also: ever think about becoming the "darling" of your flight school, or a certain organization by describing the reasons that fuel your drive to fly (other than a personal passion)?? Such as, dreams to be an air-ambulance pilot in an undedeveloped country; flying for Make a Wish; teaching others with the zeal you know you can impart; etcetera.....create a more utilitarian "goal" that would be worthy of others to support, not just fund your personal desire.....

(I hope you are not basing your training on purely funding it via this site......you might be much older when finished if left as-is!)
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Dream Lady
              Major General

• Feb 2006

Ollie! I think your idea is wonderful! I just don't know how successful you will be with it for reasons already stated by others. My oldest son is in the same situation as you. He has the personal passion and this is his dream....but the cost to obtain the training and license, far exceeds what he is able to do himself. So from my perspective what you are trying to do here is creative and I wish you much luck. btw...I like some of Vasili's suggestions, but here again, just don't know even how successful they would be for you. Another idea, would be to set up an account directly with the flight school you want to attend and have donations go directly to them into a trust account of some sort for you. Should you not be able to do the training, then all donations would be donated to a scholarship fund or something like that. May provide a little more crediability, or maybe not. I know you wanted your site reviewed and not necessarily your intention for the site. So here are a few of mine.
              1. Double check your spelling
              2. On your win a flight page, the text in the side borders is to crunched up. Maybe enlarge your blue background or re-align your text
              3. I am a visual person so, would like to see more photos!

Kudo's for striving to keep your Dream alive!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• cheryl20
                Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Looks great! I liked it.

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I wondered the same things as Dream Lady ... keep it up ... my father had his pilot's licence though it was too expensive to get his big airliner licence ... good luck and there have been some great suggestions here ... I hope you realise your dream ...

just remember .... the easier it is to make your dream come true is an indication you are travelling the right path (when I say this it does not mean that you can bypass all the hard work to get there ... lol)

So, like Dream Lady, don't make this your only source to help attain that dream ... live it, work it, make it happen ... if it is meant to be it will be
                  kym, merlin & tala
                  creating white majick
                  www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.merlinsmajick.com
                  www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X