• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keithroy
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

First Website

Hello, please check my first website out to see how I can improve on it. (keithstattoostudio.co.uk) many thanks, Keith.

• Tom vR
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: First Website

Hi Keith. Very nice, but I have the following suggestions: Check your page height and adjust as your 2nd row of pictures cuts off.

When I click on one of your images, a gallery of thumbnails open. These thumbnails are quite large in pixel size. You may want to bring that down somewhat as they load very slowly.. It is a bit frustating clicking the Back button to get back to the gallery and if you accedentally click the close button, you must open the gallery again. Why don't you rather the Lightbox feature instead? It is very cool and easy to use.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Ah!. Had a friend called John that used to have an electrical wholesalers about a 100 yards from you. Small world!
      Back to the site! Unfortunately you will need to do some work on your pages. The home page is fine but needs to be reduced in width; there is a lot of sideways scroll.
      The photo page is also very wide & far to many images if using the light box. (very slow loading). For these size images, you may as well just put them on the page, without the light box, as it won’t save on loading times using this tool & actually might load quicker. Maybe worth thinking about an album at some time. (photo) http://jalbum.net is a good freebie.
      Also found a largish file that I wasn’t sure where it was coming from? www.keithstattoostudio.co.uk/Amanda.wma & couldn’t make out if it was trying to load with the page or not.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Keithroy
        Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
        Hi Keith. Very nice, but I have the following suggestions: Check your page height and adjust as your 2nd row of pictures cuts off.

When I click on one of your images, a gallery of thumbnails open. These thumbnails are quite large in pixel size. You may want to bring that down somewhat as they load very slowly.. It is a bit frustating clicking the Back button to get back to the gallery and if you accedentally click the close button, you must open the gallery again. Why don't you rather the Lightbox feature instead? It is very cool and easy to use.
        Many thanks for your suggestions, I have updated my site, "see what you think" http://www.keithstattoostudio.co.uk/

Many thanks, Keith.

Comment

• Keithroy
          Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Ah!. Had a friend called John that used to have an electrical wholesalers about a 100 yards from you. Small world!
          Back to the site! Unfortunately you will need to do some work on your pages. The home page is fine but needs to be reduced in width; there is a lot of sideways scroll.
          The photo page is also very wide & far to many images if using the light box. (very slow loading). For these size images, you may as well just put them on the page, without the light box, as it won’t save on loading times using this tool & actually might load quicker. Maybe worth thinking about an album at some time. (photo) http://jalbum.net is a good freebie.
          Also found a largish file that I wasn’t sure where it was coming from? www.keithstattoostudio.co.uk/Amanda.wma & couldn’t make out if it was trying to load with the page or not.

Good luck.

Your ideas very welcome, please check out my updated site. http://www.keithstattoostudio.co.uk/

Many thanks, Keith.

Comment

• Keithroy
            Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post

Good luck.

Your ideas very welcome, please check out my updated site. http://www.keithstattoostudio.co.uk/

Many thanks, Keith.

Comment

• koolspaces.com
              Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Keith -

How about an image street map to let people know how to get to you.

http://www.koolspaces.com
              The Best myspaces on myspace.com

Comment

• SChajin
                Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi Keith,

You do good work...
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Tom vR
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Heith,

Much approved. I agree with Chris and I know you like the Lightbox, but those are far too many images for a lightbox. The thumbnails for a lightbox has the same pixel size as the large image. If you add these sizes up for all the images, you will understand why the page loads so very slow. Insraed of using the lightbox, you can always try to use the Gallery, right in BV.

Will you be OK using JAVA if we give you the script and instructions of how to use it? Only if you are comfortable with this, you might want to have a look at this for using rollovers: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...agetooltip.htm
                  The link 1, link 2, etc. you will replace with your 30 thumbnails.

I also agre with Koolspaces; would be good idea to direct visitors to your office.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

• Keithroy
                    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by koolspaces.com View Post
                    Keith -

How about an image street map to let people know how to get to you.

http://www.koolspaces.com
                    The Best myspaces on myspace.com
                    Good Idea, will work on it.

Thanks, Keith.

Comment

• Keithroy
                      Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
                      Hi Keith,

You do good work...
                      Many thanks, Keith.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Keith,

Your page would look good in the center of the screen with a properly selected background to cover the entire screen and bring out your current image as a centerpiece.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Keithroy
                          Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
                          Hi Heith,

Much approved. I agree with Chris and I know you like the Lightbox, but those are far too many images for a lightbox. The thumbnails for a lightbox has the same pixel size as the large image. If you add these sizes up for all the images, you will understand why the page loads so very slow. Insraed of using the lightbox, you can always try to use the Gallery, right in BV.

Will you be OK using JAVA if we give you the script and instructions of how to use it? Only if you are comfortable with this, you might want to have a look at this for using rollovers: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...agetooltip.htm
                          The link 1, link 2, etc. you will replace with your 30 thumbnails.

I also agre with Koolspaces; would be good idea to direct visitors to your office.
                          Thanks Tom for your valued reccomendations, I think I need to spend a little time to decide which way to go.

Thanks.... Keith

Comment

• Tom vR
                            Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Good luck Keith and enjoy the experience with BV.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

• Keithroy
                              Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                              Hi Keith,

Your page would look good in the center of the screen with a properly selected background to cover the entire screen and bring out your current image as a centerpiece.
                              I think your right, I'll be working on it.

Thanks, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                              X