Love Some Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Some Feedback

Hello everyone. I am new to Voda, but let me say, I love this company and all the support in the forums!!!

I just finished my website and would love some feedback. Much appreciated!

欧洲杯2024几月份开始比赛增加了游戏娱乐性,2024年欧洲杯几月几号开始通过重新设计与优化,更符合中国人使用习惯,2024年欧洲杯帮助海内外人士找到美好前程,欧洲杯2024几月份开始比赛是上海最大的大型室内游乐场.
    Nick Karvon

http://www.nickkarvon.com

nick@nickkarvon.com

Re: Love Some Feedback

I think you need a 'sound off' option. I found the sound very off putting and annoying. On the home page the mobile phone 'Contact' link jumps slightly as you do the mouse over.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Hey Nick

Great entry page. The pages are taking some time to load. Not sure if its my connection or you have some really big graphics on your pages.

But if the other pages are like the entry page then you have done a fantastic job.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Excellent job, nice background music and I like the fact that the music does not play on all the pages.

Your site takes very long to load although I'm using broadband. It took almost 15 seconds to load.

Biography: I like the turning pages, but I hate the zooming and bluring effect you have on them as the are not good for my eyes.
        Production: Takes long to open and to advance to the actual content.
        Links: Once again, takes long to load. All thumbnails except the marc link are static. The animated marc link is a bit ditrackting, but nothing serious. Personal taste...
        Listen: Slow to load. Also very slow to open the samples. There are no samples for the Jazz and only 1 for Rock. I don't know if you are still busy with this or if it loads toooo slow....
        Nick's Corner: The Intro do not play. Sorry, there it plays now after almost a minute. Put a counter or something on while waiting to load.

Otherwise very nice. Well done.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Thanks for the critique! Much appreciated......
          Nick Karvon

nick@nickkarvon.com

Comment

I like the way you have the concept of your page, since it's flash, don't you think when you click on that link, it will do it all on that one page without having a separate page for each?
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hey Jeremy.... Thanks for the kind words.

It is half and half. I used seperate pages to try and keep the load time down, as some of those flash music files are huge. I didn't really want everything loading up at once with a pre-loader, but now I am starting to rethink this one.

From the get go, I figured dial up is out, but I'm finding even people with DSL etc. is bogging down.

Would you suggest a one page flash?
              Nick Karvon

nick@nickkarvon.com

Comment

Personnally, yes. .. dial-up is out, for sure .. people still use it, but that is their lost - right?

Your site is great, but I think I find it slower that you're making it per-page. The fact that you can pre-load everything is much better. If you go look at all those flash templates you can go buy, they all load everything before the flash file begins, it may take a minute but heck it's worth it! .. and maybe if you want you can make an html version of your site for others who don't want to wait?

Up to you!!!
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Right! LOL......

I am seriously thinking about making a pre-loader for the whole site, now after your comments.....

It's funny, cause I started out with a one page and I started to change when I got into it, thinking it would be way too big when I was done. I should have left it alone. Now have to do twice the work lol.

The rabbit hole just kept getting deeper and deeper.

Thank you very much for your ideas etc...
                  Nick Karvon

nick@nickkarvon.com

Comment

Hi Nick, not sure on this one? Defiantly like the looks & style of the site. But would be nice to loose the music on every return to the home page. I have been looking for a script to do this myself. I believe its something to do with a once per session cookie,s that will stop it.
                    Ditto with the biography page, it’s a bit fuzzy & hard on the eyes with the page transition. (& slow).
                    On the music samples area, it may be worth having a longer menu with a single track on each player. I maybe wrong? But it seemed that I had to wait for both tracks to load before I could play one & it may have been a faster load with just one track & using more links.
                    Only ideas .

Good luck with the site.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Nick, all opened O.K. on my P.C., It looks great, but I had a problem seeing the blue links on the black background,(I do have fuzzy vision in my right eye). Great Job.
                      John

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all your comments and suggestions. Much appreciated!
                        Nick Karvon

nick@nickkarvon.com

Comment

Nick, from an amateur -- I like your site! I can see that a lot of thought has gone into it. Well done!
                          Marilyn

Comment

Nick,

I have a 1000 mbps internet connection and when I tried to view your site
                            it took a long time to load so I quit trying.
                            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                            X