• Show
Clear All
  • Ram_Industries
    First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

Internet - RAM Radio page

I have been recently working on what I would like to call:
    Internet - Ram Radio.

I am considering on having a video functionality with text availablity.
    As well as having music played in the background......

Basically what I am creating is a live RADIO Station online for businesses to come and advertise.

To view what I have already, alot more needs to be worked on such as the links etc, but the basics is there to show off.

Link is: http://Martech-Inc.biz/netradio.html

Please give me feedback on what the potentials could be with such a webpage when in operation.

Thank you

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery
    Ram_Industries
    Robert A. Montgomery
    Ram-Industries@comcast.net
    http://Martech-Inc.biz
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Internet - RAM Radio page

I love the look of your "Blog TV" - I can't say I like those Rams - I like your take off idea about "Ram Radio" - you might consider a cb mic for a pic too .. kind of cool .. (Ham Radio - right?) - I do have a pretty good looking graphic of a purple ram if you like ... I think you have potential, yes .. Be sure to check the TOS for limits ... Vasili could assist you here ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I am done playing "Forum Cop".......it's pretty obvious to those who bother to know the slightest Terms of Service regarding their accounts and "Forum Decorum." My efforts have made not one iota difference, nor has my example earned the position once awarded by the general public, so I have decided to cut bait rather than let my boat be swamped needlessly....

I am sure the huge sigh of relief will emerge, as will the utter nonsense continue....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Ram_Industries
        First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

[LadyEye]

I have read the TOS for VodaHost and have inquired about the process in which I am building.....

There is nothing stating that I can not create a page that would link to the actual page of the Radio Station.....

In regards to the page I have created using my domain Martech-Inc.biz
        As long as there is not a radio program created using the VodaHost servers, then linking to the server that does hold the Radio Station is acceptable based on what I have received in correspondance with VodaHost.

As seen here:

linking to it is not a problem, you can link to anything you like.
        --------------------------------------------------------

Please do not open a new support ticket or multiple support tickets about the
        same topic. To respond to this ticket, please use the reply button in your
        email. Only open a new ticket if you want to start a new topic.

Ticket Details
        ===================
        Ticket ID: GFI-472337
        Department: Ryan Hannigan
        Priority: Medium

In addition, any music whether it is from a live source or an mp3, is stated as for the purpose of enjoying the music and not in asking for any form of payment for listening to the music being played. If any payment is to be required, that payment would be from a business advertising on the Radio and not for the pleasure of listening to any music which is being played.

Now as for copyright infringement of playing such music, I am in the process of obtaining information from reliable sources just to verify that using the mp3's or music from what ever source I may add to the radio station is not infringing upon copyright laws. Based on the fact that again the music is being used for pleasurable listening and that there would be no charge for listening to the music.

I will however make possitively sure that no copyright law will be broken before the Radio Station goes live as I hope for it to do in the upcoming weeks.

But I do thank you for keeping me legal by your own statement.......

Ram_Industries
        Robert Montgomery
        Ram_Industries
        Robert A. Montgomery

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Good stuff Robert ... nice to see things are working out for you ...

We shall keep an eye on you .. lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• mwalsh62
            Major

• Jul 2007

Dear Ram,

I also have been going round and round with copyright infringement as far as music, have visited AASCAP and all the rest, the best I have come up with is links to outside sources, visa-vie, if we were walking down the street, and I point out "there's the bank", and you later go and rob the bank, am I an accomplise? I have links to music that is already out there, visitors can choose whether or not to click them, and all I'm doing is putting it out there. Am I at fault?

Please let me know anything you may discover.

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

• Ram_Industries
              First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

mWALSH62:

What I am finding out is that more and more to provide music from your own library is not at fault and streaming them over the internet.

I am at present verifying alot of the information in regards to playing music which I have purchased and still coming up with as long as I am not selling the music I am fine...

But will keep you in mind when I find all the correct answers.

Ram_Industries
              Robert Montgomery
              Ram_Industries
              Robert A. Montgomery

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
                I also have been going round and round with copyright infringement as far as music, have visited AASCAP and all the rest, I have links to music that is already out there, visitors can choose whether or not to click them, and all I'm doing is putting it out there. Am I at fault?
                Originally posted by Ram_Industries View Post
                mWALSH62:

What I am finding out is that more and more to provide music from your own library is not at fault and streaming them over the internet.
                I am at present verifying alot of the information in regards to playing music which I have purchased and still coming up with as long as I am not selling the music I am fine...
                AASCAP is the guardian of all royalties that are payable to artists and others for the playing, broadcast, or USE of a previously copyrighted piece. AASCAP collects every time a song is played on the radio, in a stadium, in an elevator, in a business (although each state has different definitions about radios playing in offices, and how many people in an office constitutes an "audience" or playing in/for public), or any other medium other than personal enjoyment......thus the many ongoing battles about downloading, internet file sharing, etc.

Bottom line: if the item you downloaded is played anywhere other than your personal system and for anything other than personal enjoyment, it is considered an infringement, and the burden of proof will always fall upon you to demonstrate why you are NOT in violation (in this arena, you have to prove yourself innocent!).

Robert especially, for even by the loosest definition, you are "broadcasting" to another, via a medium that is unrestricted (by nature) and cannot be limited within the scope of allowable parameters...... despite the lame example of logic or excuse.

How do I know? Because my daughter is in the business. Her website here. Whoops! Apparently she is reloading....Google Katie Levent to see all she is...
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X