• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blynngilmore
    Private First Class

• Apr 2007

Finally Finished! - Comments Welcome

Hello all,

I finally completed my website. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. www.bossbiz.net

Thank you!

blynn
  • Meanderer
    Major

• Aug 2007

Re: Finally Finished! - Comments Welcome

G'day Blynn,

Had a quick look through your site and overall I was impressed.

The only things I noticed is that the Home page is not using the same template as the other pages. Buttons are further down from top.

I think you should "center" all pages. At the moment they are at default and left justified.

With the Type of Service you are selling, you had better do a spelling and grammar check very carefully when ever you do work on your site. ......
    I see a spelling error on About Us page. "i" missing from experience.
    As you would also be aware spelling checks don't correct the wrong version of a word when accidentally used either.

Good luck, well done, hope mine will turn out as good. :)
    Regards,
    Rick

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Personally, I think it premature to announce that you are "finished" when there are many areas for you to perfect and comform.......I know that your peers will share their perspectives regarding elements that deserve you attention.

Just composing content and transforming a pure idea into an online reality is a task not for the faint-hearted, so congratulations for getting through the first and smallest hoop! I look forward to your refinements.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Patience
        Brigadier General

• Mar 2007

Looking good Blynn! You've obviously put an enormous amount of work into it.

Ditto to what Rick mentioned.

One suggestion, the text becomes difficult to read after awhile, because of the black background. Try playing with the logo maker to create a background for the text.

Also noticed that under your heading, the word "service" seems out of place.

Best of luck to you.
        Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

• bill2006
          Lieutenant General

• May 2006

On track, some fine tuning is in order to make it better.

-Ditto on color black, still debating this one, its a difficult color to use, more often reserved for certain consumer products. Ask around get some more feedback from friends and family.
          -Title your pages, go to Page Properties and add some different than index. Helps search engines find you. Example: Office Support Systems - your.domain .com (space left on purpose)
          -Closure logo overlaps the Richton (?) address.
          -The Expert Rating logos are out of focus, If they are necessary, consider allowing visitors to click (to enlarge) them to view.

Good luck
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• whiteshepherd
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

you are off to a great start ...

you might like to centre your pages in the browser ... right click on an empty part of your page ... select pages properties and select the centre in browser box and republish. Also the conventionsl page width is 800 ...

You might likr to try putting a border around your work area to give it a finished, professional look ..currently it looks like a your elements are floating

also you might consider slowing down your marquee ...

good luck with the business
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• philipc9635
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hello Blynn

You can never really complete a website. I have found this out now for the last couple of years. You have made a great start but in time you will find that you will always adjust a little bit here and a liitle bit there.

Keep up the hard work. Well done.
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• criveralong
                Private

• Aug 2007

I would have to say I agree with finding another solution to the black. It is hard on the eyes. Especially for older people and that is where some of your market would be. Gotta please them all! Other than that good job!

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Hi, ditto with the others.. Couple of other things to look out for. If your using the shapes tool, you have to have the dimensions even otherwise you get crinkly edges. IE: like the 2 diamonds next to the BOSS logo. This is only with the shapes that have straight lines. Any shape with curved lines I wouldn’t bother with or use.
                  Your menu buttons are really made for a page with a white background. I would think about changing the send image.
                  Your page is jumping around a lot on transition. Would really recommend making a template with all common elements on it & using this for each page. Remember to lock the elements on the template page.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I have another observation, one that may seem petty, but .... besides having a Price/Rate scale that is genuinely developed and seems to be on the 'high-retail' side, you don't have much in the way of information upon which to base a business decision on: not only do you not have a full description of the process one must go through (and the Policy, including recourse) to submit a project, you do not have a single example of your work, nor any Testimonials, satisfied clients, or any other means upon which to make a reasonable and customary decision (not even a graphical representation): how are we supposed to know that we are first going to get our money's worth, and, (secondly) what are the stipulations if we get "stuck" putting this pricy project in your hands?

You say you do everything from typing to web content, Power Point to Web design.....every other website usually offers some demonstration of capability, right? Why not yours?

And....I personally think the overly dramatic use of black, gold, and gun-metal gray is overkill on a professional services website --- much more fitting for entertainment or a game theme, and not your typical target business client (which usually takes advantage of the dove gray/blue/silver/taupe motifs).

IMO

Comment

• bluerovers
                      Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

hi there

i agree, i think you should definatly centre your web page but alll in all looks good at first glance, once thing though is that i prefer to use firefox and maybe you could sapce things a little so that other FF users would benefit

regards

Bluerovers
                      bluerovers
                      www.bluerovers.co.nz
                      www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

• bluerovers
                        Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

oh and maybe you should edit your page properties so that something like home or index appears in the browser rather than just 'untitled page'

www.bluerovers.co.nz
                        bluerovers
                        www.bluerovers.co.nz
                        www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by bluerovers View Post
                          oh and maybe you should edit your page properties so that something like home or index appears in the browser rather than just 'untitled page'

www.bluerovers.co.nz
                          < previously mentioned >

Originally posted by bill2006 View Post
                          -Ditto on color black, still debating this one, its a difficult color to use, more often reserved for certain consumer products. Ask around get some more feedback from friends and family.
                          -Title your pages, go to Page Properties and add some different than index. Helps search engines find you. Example: Office Support Systems - your.domain .com (space left on purpose)
                          -Closure logo overlaps the Richton (?) address.
                          -The Expert Rating logos are out of focus, If they are necessary, consider allowing visitors to click (to enlarge) them to view.
                          Good luck

Comment

• azuredesign
                            Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Under BOSS it says Beneficial Office Support Services, but services is pushed to the second line. it would look a lot cleaner with it on the first line with Beneficial Office Support...

Comment

• AJ113
                              Special Status

• May 2007

Your email address is a yahoo address. Don't know about anyone else on here but I always interpret that as 'amateur'. Try changing it to enquiries@bossbiz.net or similar.

Comment

Working...
                              X