X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments please - my first website

Hi All,

Any criticism or advice would be most welcome on this website

One thing Im not sure if Ive put to many pictures or stuff in say the first page as it does seem to open a bit slow for me.

Thanks very much
    GRant!

Re: Comments please - my first website

Excellent adaptation of a BV Template, although I would have suggested you stick to a site no more than 900 wide. Seriously....because it is so wide, I am assuming you created it on a widescreen, unknowingly unaware of how it would present on 95%+ of visitor's monitors......

And....although you have done a nice layout and balance of colors and images (following a natural flow), you do not have any official information on your site whatsoever.....other than an email address on your "Booking" page. This is not just unothodox, it is unwisely non-conforming to standard ICANN practice of providing positive ID for the site. And....one might think you (or your client) would be concerned with preserving rights of Copyright and other intellectual assets.....

Small things (like spacing out "things to do" and re-positioning elements) come later.

> The reason your site may appear to load slow is purely because you have stretched the template from 765 wide to where you have it now.

Like I said, I like your design overall, but suggest you re-size it to be more conforming to current internet standards, both for visitor's sake and for SEO metrics (based on Perfect Page model first).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi looking good. What you need to do is reduce the images in physical size IE: This one http://www.bunburyvilla.com/beachfront%20bny.jpg is actually 600x450 & you have used the BV image handles to make it a size 130x98 so you still have an image of 44 kb.
      If you use PIXresizer or something similar. You should get them to about 5kb each like the one below.

The looks of the site is looking fine. Just found the pages a bit wide with sideways scroll.

Good luck, your off to a good start.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi it is looking good ... I have to agree with Vassii and Collector's Info ... the other thing was I could not work out where you are in the world ... good luck with it all ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Excellent, now tweeking will be the fun part!

I like the nav buttons in the middle of the page, unique.
          Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Thanks very much everyone for your comments.
            Im very impressed with blueVoda, 2 days ago I didnt even know what a domain name was. Let alone the first idea on websites. Its amazing what one can learn just through this forum.
            I hadn't even considered page width?
            It displays fine on my standard 17"LCD screen?
            But doesn't that depend on the screen res settings - mine are 1280x1024? What res should I base it on?
            And what about page height - is there a recommended max?

Vasili re positive ID, do you mean I should provide a physical address for the advertised villa? would that conform then and provide some copyright rights? (should I write some copyright message on the site)
            The site is Australia (WA)

Many Thanks
            Grant

Comment

Really nice site!
              The only thing, which I really don't like, is that you have to scroll sideways.
              Keep it to 800 max width (and 600 height)
              Cheers,
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
              Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi, the majority set to 1024 x 768. Then set there web pages up at anywhere from 1000 down to 800. I still use the 800 wide, but around the 1000 is becoming more common.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X