• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LJCIV
    Private First Class

• Sep 2007

New Site, please visit and respond. Thanks

Hello all, please visit www.ljciv.com to see and hopefully enjoy and comment. Thanks.
  • laindia
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Re: New Site, please visit and respond. Thanks

Hi,
    I like art. Template might need some work. Make all pages consistant. Music sounds good but make consistant also if possible. I'm a bit of an artist myself and do some artwork. I believe background should be light or dark. Depending on who will be visiting site. Navigation bar should have solid color all all pages, consistant. Either art links. Or solid links or maybe no buttons but word links for navigation. You want people to look at your work. Overall website looking good. I'm sure being an artist you will enjoy tweaking and making nice. Site loaded quickly. I like that. Noticed you did splicing on photos. Good work. BTW. There's one I like. Was the colorful one the in Art page. Called future Tense. I believe your photos bring out the colors on website that is reason I am saying that you don't need to much color on template but maybe one that is from 1 to 3 colors. That alone will bring out your artwork even more. Let your Art work be your colors for site. That alone will get visitors attention. Good luck and keep up the good work.
    sigpic

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, off to a good start. Some of the pages are a bit slow on 1st time loading because of the images. This page http://www.ljciv.com/Drawings.html is well over 2400kb. & should look at really having it around the 400kb max if you want to cater for all visitors that may have slower conections.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• LJCIV
        Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Thanks Chris, I saw the slow page load on the drawings page. I believe I used Picresizer on that page. Maybe not.
        I'm enjoying reading your other info posts. Thanks.
        LJCIV
        Lou

Comment

• LJCIV
          Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Re: Revised "New Site" please review.

Hi Chris,
          I have updated my site, after using that Optimizer program. I've increased the pages available, which allows me to have less content on each page. Take a look and please get back.
          Again, Thanks
          LJCIV

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, its certainly quicker. Might be worth checking out a few of the other images to help things along. The one below is about 15kb, but the one on your page is about 67kb on some pages & 337kb on others. Whats happening, is you are putting them through the PIXresizer(which is great) But not reducing the physical size of the image as well. You will need to check one of the boxes above the 100% part in pixresizer.
            IE: The logo on your page should be at 164x198 & is actually 790x1030 & you have used the image handles/tags to make it smaller by dragging them in.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• philipc9635
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hello, you have gone to a lot of hard work, Well done. The site loads okay in my browser and the site navigates well. Nice work.
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
              X