Tips to make it better please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips to make it better please

Hi, I've started getting customers so have had to publish my website www.childrens-partyhire.co.uk any hints/tips/advice on how to improve it would be gratefully recieved....I feel as though I'm running before I can walk!
    Many thanks, Julie

Re: Tips to make it better please

In general, you have done a good job.
    A couple fo things need work:
    -Your Toy Hire page doe not show. The other links seem to work ok.
    -On the Halloween page, consider getting rid of the white background and leaving the text black. Will looker neater and professional.
    -For the NavBar, migth wnat to sleect a different style and eliminate the white squares.
    -The header seems to be just a bit to the left of the rest of teh background, so an offset appears.

Good luck
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hello, you have done a lot of hard work and your site looks good. It took sometime for your pictures to load in my browser. I don't know if you have used or heard of the pixresizer to change the KBs of your pictures. Collectors Info just posted a topic about it here in the forum. Just search on pixresizer.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi, the colors & style are fine, but will defiantly will have to optimize the images to load quicker (Maybe pixresizer). Some of the pages are taking about 50seconds to load for the 1st time.
        Have a read at the links at the bottom of this thread. Should help you out.
        If you need a hand? Just post back here.
        Might be nice to have an about us page.?
        The 2 links below are not working but you may not have finished them yet.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

you are doing a good job ... well done ... a couple of things. There is some stray text at the bottom of your home page that is making it longer than the work area.

Also maybe consider centring your pages in the browser ... right click on an empty part of the page, select page properties and check the centre in browser box, and republish.

Also I notice there are no spaces between words when you use full stops and commas.
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Many thanks for your advice - i'll tackle those things next!
            regards
            julie

Comment

Hi
              Ditto to the above you've worked really hard, apart from the suggestion to centre your pages I think it looks terrific.One other you might consider changing "our products" to home to let people who are browsing know that it is not a different page than your home page.Just a thought .
              two cats
              www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

hi two Cats, if i centre the page then it leaves a 5cm margin on the left hand side and you can't see the whole page which looks awful - I'm going to have to keep it as it is.

Thanks for your advice - still resizing!
                regards
                julie

Comment

Working...
                X