• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lwong82d
    Private

• Jul 2005

first website

This is my first successful completion of my website. I created it for my son, who's nine years old and loves to draw. It took a looooonnnnnggggg time to complete because of the learning and publishing and whatnots I had to invest in.

Anyway, thanks to all the creators of the tutorials and all who so generously contributed to the forums. My questions were always there.

Please check out the sight. It loads a bit slow, but I think it's because of the pictures. Let me know what you think.

www.mypoochey.com
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: first website

Hi, like the lay out & style of the site. Couple of suggestions that may help your pages load a lot faster? On your front page you have an image http://www.mypoochey.com/homepage.JPG that needs to be quite a bit smaller in the size & kb department. You would like to have an image that is 703x392 in size & should be around 40kb in size. But unfortunately the image is 3300x2550 at about 1324kb. So you may have to go through the site & optimize some of your images. The one bellow as a starter is about 25'ish KB. May be worth a quick look at the image & photo link below.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• philipc9635
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hey the site is great and as you said a little bit slow at loading. But it's good to see the younger generation getting involved with their owns sites.

Your son should be proud.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Cute.

Might want to think about renaming your buttons, shortening it somehow so the label is actually IN the button rather than too long to present. And, maybe even "customize" them so to have a better fit with your color scheme by choosing a style without the BV logo on them?

I know you are trying to openly "protect" the original works of a minor, but it is spelled "Copyright" (in your footer), and without a real privacy or infringement policy spelled out on a page by itself your threats of "enforcement" are moot. Also, you should consider putting some space between your footer and the main section of the page (rather than trying to compose your pages in/on the screen you see on your monitor), for as now, the font is so large and close it detracts from the page all together!

Ingenious is also spelled incorrectly, and may not be the most appropriate wording.....it should alsways suffice to be detailed in your Privacy Policy page, but if you are so worried about plagairism, you may wish to emphasize your position not with textual strings strewn about by via the use of appropriate symbols (TM, SM) instead.

Remember to use the free pixresizer from VodaHost (find it via the VodaHost Support link in my signature, under "downloads") to reduce the file sizes of your images, to speed up the page loads and enable visitors a pleasant experience visiting your website!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• whiteshepherd
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

congratulations you have done a great job ... with some tweaking .. like the buttons ... it will be even better ... keep up the good work
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• lwong82d
            Private

• Jul 2005

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Your comments and advice has helped immensely. I made the corrections and resized the pictures from download suggested. I had been trying to find something to do just that on google, but never thought to check bluevoda. I left the "ingenious" on there, but corrected the spelling. This word is my son's, and I want to portray that.

Please check it out again and let me know what you think.

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Loads better (with out the pun) Just got to reduce a few of the photos & you should be fine.
              http://www.mypoochey.com/davidpoochie%20014.jpg
              http://www.mypoochey.com/DSC00939.JPG
              http://www.mypoochey.com/DSC01784.JPG
              http://www.mypoochey.com/DSC01783.JPG

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• lwong82d
                Private

• Jul 2005

ALL DONE!!

Please, one more time, check it out.

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

Love this site..... You have a talented son there too!

Long live Poochey and his amazing adventures!
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                  X