• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deet
    Master Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Please review my site.

Would someone please be so kind as to take a look at my site and give me any tips, opinions, etc? I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
    Deet
    www.h-denterprises.com
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Please review my site.

Hi Dee!
    I just emailed you - came here and saw this - and in that minute - thought of something I meant to mention in the email.

Your h1 needs to be a headline - not a complete sentence. And it will give you the opportunity to repeat some of those words. Here's a suggestion - make the h1:
    As Seen on TV Products

follow it with an h2:
    Cardio Cruiser and Ab Scissor Ultra

Then reword the first paragraph something like this:

As Seen on TV products such as the Cardio Cruiser and Ab Scissor Ultra help you keep a healthy heart and body. These are just two of many of our As Seen On TV products which include the See Purse Brite, Smartware, Roll Up Piano, Simoniz Car Wash, and Pops A Dent, among others items advertised on TV.

Check out all the As Advertised On TV products by using the categories below or in the navigation to the left - and save at least 15%!

Hope this helps give you an idea of what I mean. Let me know if you have questions - here or by email :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Deet
      Master Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Beth,

Are you just talking about the home page? I understand what you are saying, I think. I like your wording.

Should I do the same with all of them?
      Dee

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Yes - you need to do the same on all of them. An h1 tag is a headline - think of a newspaper - it's what the page/topic is about - then the paragraph/page goes into further detail. The h1 should not have extranneous words and should not be sentences - should be the best keyword/s and/or keyword phrase/s for what that page is about.

I just did the home page - but looking at the automotive - you could think along these lines:
        h1:
        Simoniz Car Wash | Pops A Dent | Car Products
        h2:
        Auto / Car Products from As Seen On TV

then the paragraph:

or turn it around like this:

h1:
        As Seen On TV Auto - Car Products for Sale
        h2:
        Simoniz Car Wah | Pops A Dent | Durashine and more

then the paragraph.

Make sure the paragraph gets all the words in it - including car, auto, automotive, As Seen On TV - as you need these all picked up by the se's to help you be found. But don't overdo or spam it. I know - difficult - copywriting can be the hardest part of building your store - but is critical for your success - as realize, you're writing this for your customers - and you need it to be brief, concise, interesting, etc. You want them to know immediately that they want to be on this page.

I suggest you redo the page title also - to reflect more of the page - possibly just add to what you already have on this page - Car Care As Seen On TV - but you need to research both for the headline and the title - to make sure you're using the phrases people are using to search with.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Deet
          Master Sergeant

• Jul 2007

The words I'm using in the titles are the ones most searched for. No one searches for car care or automotive.

I'm redoing the first page right now.

Comment

• Deet
            Master Sergeant

• Jul 2007

The url for the products links are all set to open in the same page --- nothing ticked in that bar. I had them _blank at first then went back and changed them all but the change didn't "take" on all of them. ???

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

The reason I suggested a more general title - with research done - is right now your titles are 2 of your products - and all the others might as well not exist - as they aren't going to get any se time - as they aren't in your title or headline - you are only optimizing for the very specific products - and that is usually what you do on each individual product page.

I just did a check on what people are looking for - and you need to optimize your home page for "as seen on tv store" - big searches for that. I don't know that you used that at all - and that would be a great title for your home page. Actually - this would be good "As Seen On TV Store | Products"

Here is where I got that from:

as seen on tv 1,783.8/day
              as seen on tv store 360.1/day
              as seen on tv product 146.2/day

Here is why I said what I did about car products:

car care product 46.5/day
              car detailing product 11.0/day
              car cleaning product 10.9/day
              car product stock1 0.8/day
              car product 10.7/day

They are searching for them - just not with As Seen on TV - so use it with or without in this instance. But these pages need to be optimized generally. Then do the individual product pages specifically.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X