• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gayweddingsnerja
    Private First Class

• Aug 2007

Please review site and critique.

I have recently added more things to the site, please offer me critique of what I should be doing or should do to make it better, I am getting lots of hits , but very few from the UK , should I also have a .uk site, please advise, I am a little naive on these things.

Regards and Thanks

Alan
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Please review site and critique.

Hi, your off to a good start.
    My usual whinge on the images needing to be optimized, especially on the front page & venues area. Its slowing the pages down on loading on the 1st visit. Not to sure if its my end? But never seemed to get images up from the weather site you are using at the top of your home page. I get a red X. If there is a problem? This maybe worth a look http://netweather.accuweather.com/ad...ner=netweather But let other confer 1st.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• whiteshepherd
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi there ... it is looking good but my comments from a month ago I would make again ....

really like your website and think you are off to a good start. I have a few comments .. hope you don't mind.

On your front page you have a 57 word sentence ... way too verbose ... I played around a bit a something like this may be better ...

We offer clients the best when planning a legal marriage, a blessing or any other ceremony - religious or secular. Our associates are selected with care so we can work together to offer you a service second to none.

I also notice your pages are unbalanced in the browser ... normally we try to stay to 800 wide and click centre in browser to centre the page when you see them on the web.

There is also a stray text menu on the right-hand bottom of the screen.

Something that may look good too is a border around the whole page to give it a finished look.

Keep up the good work .... hope everything goes ewll for you.

Also I wonder at the colour changes on all your pages and all the placement of the menu at the bottom of the page ... it makes the site look a bit disjointed ... keep up the good work ...I love what you are trying to achieve ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Not bad attempt, however you need to remove the links to the right of the page on your home page which is presenting the viewer with w right scroll.

You also need to have page titles for every page (and not 'home page, about us etc).

You then need to start submitting your site to search engines, UK wedding directories (if you want to get seen in the UK)

I own a wedding directory which is extremely established, in fact I get many other wedding directories who were around well before me pay to go on my site so I must be doing something right?

You can get a lifetime free advert on my directory if you want, it's www.ukweddingstore.co.uk

I have a 'Gay Weddings' category.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X