I'd like your opinion on this site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like your opinion on this site!

Hi. I've finally gotten this up, and I think feedback would be a good idea. It all works fine on my computer, but who know what's coming across? The site is www.brianmallon.net It's an actor/writer's site for promotional purposes. Thanks! Brian

Re: I'd like your opinion on this site!

Hello;
    Nice theme, like the way home page loads up. got me interested to go on. I like a site that is not over saturated on the home page. don't like the dark blue/purple type on black - too difficult to read. really like the page animatroic. nice job on the lay out and pictures. like the video - suggest you put some link on home page for the video. video and graphics rock. all in all you have a nice site. you are selling a book? see im not sure at first glance. i would have the type in war in kind box a little bigger. good luck.

mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

you are off to a great start ...

something you might to consider is looking at resizing your graphics ... the one on yor home page looks distorted and is way too big ... your gallery page takes a while to load too and it is because the graphics are big. Look for Collector's Info's posts he has excelllent e=advice to give that helps us get graphics looking god on the web ...

I really like the feel of the website but feel the home page needs more than a photo of you on it to hook people into staying ...

good luck with it all ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi Brian.
        Couple of things:
        - Home page photo is a bit grainy.
        - The dark blue text is really hard to see, let alone read.
        - On the Stage page there is a bit of text overlapping.
        - On your Bio page I would like to see more of a Bio, rather than a list of accomplishments.. would be nice to know how you developed an interest in acting, writing, and some of the other things you do..

Mostly, though, what this site lacks is a good header. - something that would tie all the pages together, giving a sense of cohesion to the site.
        Lots of businesses use a logo, but as this site is not a business per se, you could use a picture of you with a good graphic. From reading about your interests and accomplishments, I might be inclined to market you as a renaissance man - perhaps that is a direction for your logo.
        If you have need, there are a couple of people here on the forum who are quite clever and might offer some suggestions, if you ask.

Good luck, and good work.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I agree with a lot of the above and feel you certainly need more info on your Home Page, I have no idea what the site is or about by just landing on it, you really do need more content on there.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
          X