Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey you friendly bluevoda people out there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey you friendly bluevoda people out there...

Here is another opportunity to share your infinitive wisdom...

I have recently launched Neuro-Linguistic.Net www.neuro-linguistics.net a Wellness Coaching Company.
    • The "center in browser" feature seems to work for certain browser only, is this correct?
    • The headers and text for each picture are supposed to be white with blue mouse roll over...
    WHAT DO YOU SEE AND WHAT OTHER FEEDBACK ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE ON ANY OF THE PAGES?

Thanks for your support!
    Jana Allmrodt
    Neuro-Linguistics.Net
    www.neuro-linguistics.net

Re: Hey you friendly bluevoda people out there...

The center in browser feature should work for all browsers. For me, this is not centered in Firefox, IE 7, or Netscape.

The white text with blue rollover works, but the blue is extremely difficult to read against the black background.

The white text against black, especially in a small font, also creates a contrast that is difficult for the poorly sighted. You might consider a slightly less contrasting color, like cream or off white, or, better yet, a slightly larger font like 11 rather than 10. Depends on who you are targeting.

Looks like you have centered some of your pages, and not others..

Site is easy to navigate, information is good. Nice.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks Liz for beeing my only support out there....

Did make a few changes since we donīt want to exclude the poor sighted from our services

Still a lot to learn...

Cheers,

Jana
      Jana Allmrodt
      Neuro-Linguistics.Net

Comment

Hi Jana,

We are out here for you, but also have lives outside of this forum! It seems you have the centering issue in control. The only critique I can provide, and it relates to Liz's, is do you think the black background, besides the readability of the white font, is appropriate for your content? Is all that black a "feel good" motivator? Just a thought.

Comment

I like your novel splash page design.....despite what others may think about splash or portal pages, they work incredibly well if tightly created on theme and if supported by interior content (as you have done).

However, I would suggest reducing the fatigue on visitors' eyes reading your well-composed content by implementing a white "page" with either black or a gray text ... ("Let there be light" LOL).... this would be in keeping with your overall theme and style, but convey the professional appearance as well as truly communicate your attention to detail (since you are all about wellness and the softer arts of human behavior, it only makes sense that your "virtual enviornment" demonstrates this understanding as well).

It's not a big fix at all....simply create a shape, color it white, size and position it appropriately, and "send to back" under your re-formatted text!

IMO
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

well done ... excellent website and Liz's suggestion of upping your font size to 11 and softening the white is good ... unfortunately I am a big fan of black and white ... lol ... great work just keep up the fine tuning ....
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Mike:

Your thought on the colour is appreciated. Some people might not relate "feel good" with black, you personally don´t, do you? Glad that you also live outside this forum

Vasili:

Will figure out what you are suggesting regarding the shape

Priority will be though to learn how to get a google rank. At the moment our site is predominantly a brochure for our services and the nature of the web seems to be to deliver rich content. So we might post lots of original articles and promises that if you return you will find new material which will hopefully get some people to link to us automatically.

So yes, the look is important but search engines will most probably not care about the design issue too much.

By the way:

Whoever is into quotes and photographs (I believe this is what you mean with novel splash page, vasili?):

In the future we will encourage you (the world) to send us your favourite quote with a matching picture and if your quote appears on our inspiration page you have won one of our cd´s (so far one product is a guided relaxation and the other product is a powerful cd to quit any type of unwanted habit or addiction) and we will post it to wherever you live.

Whiteshepherd:

I also like black and white on certain websites- but am open to other people´s perceptions too. Thanks for your thoughts.
              Jana Allmrodt
              Neuro-Linguistics.Net

Comment

IMHO, I feel the black background goes well with a 'hypnotherapy theme' because when one get hypnotized, doesn't their minds get 'blacked out' so that suggestions of the positive nature (white lettering) get in? Like I said, its must my opinion, not my website, so do what you feel is right for your site Jana.
                Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
                Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

Working...
                X