Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPROVED site. Please give me opinions:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPROVED site. Please give me opinions:)

www.forsaleshort.com Please give me opinions on my site. What you like, don't like, anything I can improve. All comments greatly appreciated.

Re: IMPROVED site. Please give me opinions:)

Hi, you are only meant to have one thread per review. But as was suggested in the last thread you have an image that is over 1600 wide & needs to be reduced to about 800 to 1000 wide to get rid of the side scroll

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
      I posted a new thread because I redid the site using 800 - 100 wide for most images. Maybe you can help me with this problem...... I want the white bar in the center to go all the way across the page. The only way I have been able to do this so far, is to have the bar go over 1600. the rest should be around 800. However there is no need for viewer to side scroll to get info. Can you suggest any other way for the center bar to go completly across the page?
      Thanks for your reply

Comment

hi your site is looking good ... one thing I suggest is centring your pages in the browser ... you can do this by right clicking on an empty part of the page and select page properties, then check the centre in browser box. I would suggest having the white bar only on the wrking part of your page; not on the background. Play around a bit and see what looks best.
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ade View Post
          Chris,
          I posted a new thread because I redid the site using 800 - 100 wide for most images. Maybe you can help me with this problem...... I want the white bar in the center to go all the way across the page. The only way I have been able to do this so far, is to have the bar go over 1600. the rest should be around 800. However there is no need for viewer to side scroll to get info. Can you suggest any other way for the center bar to go completly across the page?
          Thanks for your reply
          Hi Ade,

You can achieve this by creating a background image eg www.capebackpackers.com (the cream line and green are actualy a background and show full regardless of screen res . (difficult to explain but here goes) Create an image in any graphic program you have of a light blue square 600x200wide with the white line (height as per requirements) accross it, positioned 3/4 way down the square as per present website. Now crop this image vertically, as thin as posible and save. Remove your present (very long) white line and insert this new file in BV >>page properties>>background>>image... now recreate a white line (rectangle) and align with the visible background. eg of finished effect on your website: www.capebackpackers.com/ade_example.html This method makes use of a very small file (load speed and no right hand scroll)

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
          Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
          Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
          BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! I was kind of thinking I needed to make it in my background. I was just having a hard time with it. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ade View Post
              THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! I was kind of thinking I needed to make it in my background. I was just having a hard time with it. Thanks so much for your suggestions!
              It's a pleasure,
              Give it a go... To have a look at the effect as your site stands now >>right click on light blue >>save as background www.capebackpackers.com/ade_example.html and insert as BV background.

Cheers,
              Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
              Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
              Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
              BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Working...
              X