First Effort ... H E L P !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Effort ... H E L P !

Hi all, only new to this website stuff and I could use a hand with an opinion or three (dozen).

Pls visit http://www.futuristicpromotions.biz and give me your honest opinions.

Cheers,
    Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc
    www.futuristicpromotions.com

Re: First Effort ... H E L P !

It looks like all the other websites that tell me I can earn great income. Try to stand out from the others and make yours look different than everybody elses. (honest)
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks Jeremy, any ideas you'd like to share.
      Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc

Comment

Well, it looks like all the other sites I've seen that are simular to what you do and offer.

What they all have in common is that it is just text in different sizes and colours and sometimes highlighted in yellow (yuck!) and then it tries to convince me to sign up for something I don't even know about because I already scrolled down of bordom.

Your gonna need to make something thats leaving them for more. Because I only read the first red text at the top and didnt bother reading the rest (it was too much).
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I definitely did not like the "Viral Traffic" pop-under, which tore to shreds any possible credibility your appealingly presented (as Jeremy hinted, and from a glance I agree) 'promo-site' might have earned from further examination, had I not been turned off/turned away.

What is so wrong with keeping this "type" of site classy and unfettered, to break the chain of genre? Must they all be this same dictate?
          Methinks it is akin to a scripted subscription or eBook mantra that is self-*******ting....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sorry but I concur with Jeremy and Vasili ... this is the type of site that when I see it I hit the close button before it even finishes loading ... if you are going to have a site like this then offer your visitor something worthwhile in return .... what about your website makes me want to do business with you and not one of the so many others that look and feel the same? ... good luck with it all ... I hope you do well ...
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback ... it's currently a re-work in progress.

The slight conundrum that I face is that ALL the E-Marketing info I've researched and received tell me that this type of formula works, however, the website didn't hold anyone's attention long enough to actually get past page 1.

Again, thank you all ... off to bash those keys again.

Cheers,
              Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc

Comment

Originally posted by mvb View Post
                The slight conundrum that I face is that ALL the E-Marketing info I've researched and received tell me that this type of formula works
                Consider the sources.....and analyze the credibility of such available proponents: most of the truly successful stories regarding online ventures are those told about someone and the path they blazed (read in here hard effort, as in trail blazing) to achieve their position, not by someone trying to either sell or "mentor" anyone who is willing to listen (and possibly part with some money to learn the 'secret').

Truly successful ventures are most likely too busy maintaining their momentum and are not really interested in crowding the field with Johhny Come Lately enthusiasts by "spelling it out" for them, just to muck it all up by doing it less than perfect: they are quick to also maintain the prestige regarding their model, however, and are apt to protect any infringement or unethical mimics who stray beyond the customary boundaries of "simple duplication."

Find a model that has made it to the top, and apply the same processes to your abilities to create a model that you can sustain and nurture to produce the results that you require. Don't fall for the hucksters who have merely perfected the means to pump you up and pick your pocket!

"Birds of a feather fly together, so isn't it time you stopped hanging around the turkeys?"

< this is where a Steve Miller song should start playing...."I want to fly like an eagle...." > LOL

Think. Plan. Do.
                Repeat.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  Consider the sources.....and analyze the credibility of such available proponents: most of the truly successful stories regarding online ventures are those told about someone and the path they blazed (read in here hard effort, as in trail blazing) to achieve their position, not by someone trying to either sell or "mentor" anyone who is willing to listen (and possibly part with some money to learn the 'secret').
                  Vasili,

As usual, words of wisdom! As I keep reminding myself ... "The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary!"

I've now got a .ws site up and running, keeping in mind some of the previous suggestions that have been made. Maybe you could comment on that one as well ... and it's meant to be "under construction" ... I'm testing an idea.

Cheers and thanks for the input.
                  Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc

Comment

it certainly looks better ... but it still feels the same ... I could finish this website today and withdraw this offer ... I would be careful of using this as a marketing tool ... I personally find this distasteful as it can be interpreted as a veiled bullying tactic ... and it comes back to what Vasili was saying ... Fly Like an Eagle ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi Mark

I was using a similar style to you, on my home page, however i found that 91&#37; of people were clicking away, pretty much as soon as they landed on my site. i tried a using a text page telling my story, I now have 85% of people clicking through, to view my site. sales are still slow but at least people are looking.

With the Internet i have found that I am constantly testing and trying new things, some work some don't, that is the value of using the stats in your control panel. That is just my two cents worth.

I have only been online since part way thru the year and are in no way an expert either.

good luck with your project

Mark.
                      www.sharemarketinvestments.com
                      empowering investors to achieve excellent returns with low risk

Comment

Hi SMI,

I know what you mean, it's a constant change, test and review. Then change, test and review.

Ooops ... I see a pattern forming here.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
                        Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc

Comment

Hi All,

I've had a total rework of my site.

Please click below in my signature and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
                          Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc

Comment

I really like your header and footer!

The site looks great, I would like to see it at 700+ pixels across and without the bold colored text at the top of the paragraph.

Love the header and footer!

Comment

Working...
                            X