• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PressurePro
    Sergeant

• Oct 2007

PressurePro - 1st attempt at a website

Hi all. This is my very first, ever, website. I am eager to hear what you think. Just as I am picky about my pressure washing, I am just as picky with the website. So I would like to know if everything is ok on it. Also, I am a bad speller, so, someone please review it for spelling, as well as functions.

On my contact page, for some reason, some of the fields are white, and some are yellow. Can't figure that one out. The contact informations goes to my email just as it should, so please don't test that, unless you'd like to.

I would like your input on the "Photos" page as well. I'm trying to figure the best way to show Before/After photos the best way for dramatic effect.

Thanks for looking. Remember - this is my first attempt at a web page, so be gentle!
  • egar50
    Captain

• May 2007

Re: PressurePro - 1st attempt at a website

Hello

You have not posted a link to your website
    egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
    Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

• PressurePro
      Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Yeah, I guess that would help. I told you I was new to all this.

Here you go: http://www.pressurepro.info

Comment

• mobilejack101
        Staff Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Hi, I think youre site rocks! 1st site? wow!
        The design is plain and simple but you (the site) still looks pro!
        I am not a exspert, and struggle with spelling aswell but youre first trie is
        alot better than mine!

This is an example I can learn from..
        good stuff! A++ from my point of view!
        Don't miss the game for fear of striking out...

Comment

• PressurePro
          Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Thanks. It took me 2 days to finish. I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing could do it faster. It took 10 days to get my hosting stuff working. I've never jumped through so many hoops. I hope I don't have to make too many corrections to it, I don't want to have to go through this again.

My wife found a spelling error, but that's easy to fix.

Comment

• PressurePro
            Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Did I mention that Blue Voda is the bomb!

Comment

• Jeremy
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Take the stat counter off.. thats not for the publics intrest, keep that to yourself! .. not professional :)

I really like the setup you've got going on as well .. really hands on and the information is wonderful! Love the video as well! Right down to detail, wanna come over and do my driveway? haha!
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

• Good use of the logomaker! Even your chosen font is lively, and complimentary to your site purpose (blue/water).
                • If as you mention on your home page, you offer intra-state services, you first need to register your fictitious business name with the State of Mississippi to be legally compliant, since you are not an incorporation and do not have any filings to date. See Official Search Results Here.
                • Additionally, your unauthorized use of the Registered Trademark symbol -- ® -- is inappropriate and illegal, and will likely expose you to legal penalty. You do not have a valid Filing, not have you applied for one. See official Search Results here. To better understand the proper use of these symbols and to best plan your business development, review this thread here at VodaTalk.
                • Your slogan seems far too familiar…..be very sure it is nothing similar to one already in use by another business, or that the word combinations used are not too similar to copyrighted content that may have provided some degree of “inspiration” .... no matter how 'innocent' infringement is something you definitely need to avoid, agreed?
                • I appreciate the fact you constantly sprinkle “invitations” to prospective clients throughout your site, especially when contrasting details of services offered, and then supporting those invitations with a “user-friendly” email form. Good for you!

I think that once you get back on track with some of these very significant issues, the completion of your website will be something you will be proud to serve far into the future!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Jeremy
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by mobilejack101 View Post
                  Hi, I think youre site rocks! 1st site? wow!
                  The design is plain and simple but you (the site) still looks pro!
                  I am not a exspert, and struggle with spelling aswell but youre first trie is
                  alot better than mine!

This is an example I can learn from..
                  good stuff! A++ from my point of view!
                  Hope to see your website soon if you don't mind sharing with everyone :)
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                    Hope to see your website soon if you don't mind sharing with everyone :)
                    You should know better than to foster "interruptions" General!!! Shame!
                    now......back to the main lobby to help some of the others, yes??

LOL

Comment

• PressurePro
                      Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      • Good use of the logomaker! Even your chosen font is lively, and complimentary to your site purpose (blue/water).
                      • If as you mention on your home page, you offer intra-state services, you first need to register your fictitious business name with the State of Mississippi to be legally compliant, since you are not an incorporation and do not have any filings to date. See Official Search Results Here.
                      • Additionally, your unauthorized use of the Registered Trademark symbol -- ® -- is inappropriate and illegal, and will likely expose you to legal penalty. You do not have a valid Filing, not have you applied for one. See official Search Results here. To better understand the proper use of these symbols and to best plan your business development, review this thread here at VodaTalk.
                      • Your slogan seems far too familiar…..be very sure it is nothing similar to one already in use by another business, or that the word combinations used are not too similar to copyrighted content that may have provided some degree of “inspiration” .... no matter how 'innocent' infringement is something you definitely need to avoid, agreed?
                      • I appreciate the fact you constantly sprinkle “invitations” to prospective clients throughout your site, especially when contrasting details of services offered, and then supporting those invitations with a “user-friendly” email form. Good for you!
                      I think that once you get back on track with some of these very significant issues, the completion of your website will be something you will be proud to serve far into the future!
                      Vasili, thank you. You make valid points. I will remove the (R). For the logo maker, I used www.acidfonts.com for that. It was really easy to do. For the slogan... I know it's rather pa see but I have used it for 18 years, and is something I really stand behind. Over the years I have played around with others, but nothing I really like.

I tried to make the site user friendly and inviting. I didn't want to cram a bunch of info on each page where the user had to lean in to the monitor to see everything.

Thanks.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You are the third one so far that I have found to successfully use acidfonts to make the right presentation......I suppose I am now compelled to investigate further how I too, can "evolve"?? LOLOL

You have put into effect online the basic wisdoms that your years of business has taught you: brevity communicates volumes, and sincerity sells best........good luck, my friend!

Comment

• PressurePro
                          Sergeant

• Oct 2007

You are the third one so far that I have found to successfully use acidfonts to make the right presentation......I suppose I am now compelled to investigate further how I too, can "evolve"?? LOLOL

You have put into effect online the basic wisdoms that your years of business has taught you: brevity communicates volumes, and sincerity sells best........good luck, my friend!
                          Thank you for the kind words.

Acidfonts is really easy to use. Use the online generator, preview it, the save it. It is a .png file if I remember right. If you buy their software, I'm sure they have more fonts and effects to play with.

Comment

• PressurePro
                            Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                            Take the stat counter off.. thats not for the publics intrest, keep that to yourself! .. not professional :)

I really like the setup you've got going on as well .. really hands on and the information is wonderful! Love the video as well! Right down to detail, wanna come over and do my driveway? haha!
                            The only reason I have it on there is for tracking stats. I would take it off if I knew of another way to track stats. Does Voda have tracking software?

Comment

• Jeremy
                              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

You should know better than to foster "interruptions" General!!! Shame!
                              now......back to the main lobby to help some of the others, yes??

LOL
                              lol .. I love to see peoples work :)
                              Best regards,
                              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                              X