• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st attempt...

Ok, ok so maybe not my first then....

www.dog-on-tyne.co.uk

All comments, critiques welcome..
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: My 1st attempt...

Hi Marincky ... great website ... my favourite subject ... dogs ... lol ...

Something I notice is the german shepherd graphic in the header looks the same as the one I've seen everywhere else ... I hope you don't mind ... but dogs are something I know ... anyone who will use a service like this will be crazy about their dogs ... I think the header would look great with the owners and their dogs ... working with their clients ... or something like that ... same for the rest of the site I think it needs personalising ... and photos ...

I am a real beginner at this but since being on this forum I am slowly learning how to make my own graphics out of photos I take .... it just takes me so long ...

If you haven't got access to any doggie photos raid my gallery if you like http://whiteshepherd.smugmug.com/ just let me know ....

Also the text on the About Us page is really passive and verbose .. it lacks passion for what they do ... and if a potential client can't see that passion and warmth there they probably won't call ...

It's a great idea and I hope the business goes well ...
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thank You,

The logo with the dogs was supplied to me by the client, as was the about us text, It's rare for me to construct the text, usually the client provides this, I'll mention your comments to them though thank you.

Your comments are appreciated
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        Thank You,

The logo with the dogs was supplied to me by the client, as was the about us text, It's rare for me to construct the text, usually the client provides this, I'll mention your comments to them though thank you.

Your comments are appreciated
        you are welcome ... one of the hardest things is to write about yourself ... something I'm trying to do for a new site I am building to promote my writing and editing skills as a freelancer ... and keep putting it off ... lol ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
          you are welcome ... one of the hardest things is to write about yourself ... something I'm trying to do for a new site I am building to promote my writing and editing skills as a freelancer ... and keep putting it off ... lol ...
          Tell me more about this.... I might have a use for you if interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            Tell me more about this.... I might have a use for you if interested?
            Always interested ... my goal is to work for myself full-time ... lol ... there is a little bit about me at http://www.whiteshepherds.com.au/farseercrew.html ... but please email me directly to talk more ... there is contact info on my website ...
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
              Always interested ... my goal is to work for myself full-time ... lol ... there is a little bit about me at http://www.whiteshepherds.com.au/farseercrew.html ... but please email me directly to talk more ... there is contact info on my website ...
              Emailed you.

Comment

Hi, you should do this for a living. LOL. The site looks great, lots of good info & easy to follow & understand. The only thing I would change is the header image. Sorry! But looks a bit tacky in comparison to the rest of the site. But the well known Tyne bridge image is a good idea.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                  Hi, you should do this for a living. LOL. The site looks great, lots of good info & easy to follow & understand. The only thing I would change is the header image. Sorry! But looks a bit tacky in comparison to the rest of the site. But the well known Tyne bridge image is a good idea.

Good luck.
                  Hi Chris, I couldn't agree more on the logo but that's what I got given by the client. I think they have now got that on their stationery etc so....

Do you like the name dog on the tyne though? I came up with that, as someone from the UK you will appreciate the pun there!

Comment

Hi Ramsey, used to mean a bottle of Newki/brown. Trouble is down south it would more lightly mean “rhyme” (dog on the tyne), with the cockney slang. LOL.
                    But the name sounds real good.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ramsey, i think its brilliant, but then I'm biased, its my site, LOL.
                      I agree with the bit about us, I spent the longest time on that bit and couldn't come up with anything, if anyone would like to suggest anything feel free.

Comment

Thank you Tinkerbell, I just wish we didn't have this domain issue though as yesterday your site was showing and today it's gone back to not again, and no one seems to want to sort it for us?????

It is definitely set up right and Voda are the only ones that can sort this out for us... just keep poundin them tickets in!!!

Comment

Hi Marincky,

Great site. Just two small issues spotted.
                          The menu seems to grow&shrink when you click on it. Maybe it is intentional?
                          The link that goes with Puppy So******ing on the index page, does not work.
                          I wish we had this type of service here in our neigbourhood.
                          Bless you
                          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
                            Hi Marincky,

Great site. Just two small issues spotted.
                            The menu seems to grow&shrink when you click on it. Maybe it is intentional?
                            The link that goes with Puppy So******ing on the index page, does not work.
                            I wish we had this type of service here in our neigbourhood.

Tom.. I'd like to know how you can see the site at all? The domain registra has messed up and it doesn't point to it anymore????

Comment

Yep! its all showing here ok as well, & pointing at .................
                              Name servers:ns11.vodahost.com ns12.vodahost.com
                              (Have cleared cache)
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X