• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orilyn
    Corporal

• Sep 2007

Snazzyish new website, opinions please!

Hi all,

Just built a web, please have a look and let me know what you think...

www.annekirchmann.com

Thanks!!!
    Cheers
    Lyn
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Snazzyish new website, opinions please!

It's very appealing, however... You haven't built a site, you have constructed a base for a site... There is no content, no description, what do you do, how do you do it, where do you do it, how much.... etc etc.

I am sure it will be a fine site once completed, do come back and show us once finished. Looking good tho : - )
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• orilyn
      Corporal

• Sep 2007

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it!! The main reason for the haste in getting the site up and running was to make the information re: Air GP available to potential sponsors... I know there's alot of information that needs to be added, this will come, what I would like to know is... does the site look okay?!?! Does it look like it's been put together by an idiot or by a blonde?!?! LOL

Thanks a million!!
      Regards

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by orilyn View Post
        Does it look like it's been put together by an idiot or by a blonde?!?! LOL

Regards
        umn.... You're not giving me a variation of choice here?...
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

No seriously though... The site looks fine, but hard to comment on too much yet as it's more what you put on a site and how you lay it out more than anything, and as there is so much more to come yet it makes id very difficult to judge. Personally I would say keep going as it is, one suggestion I would make, just my personal taste but the page change effects to me makes it look unprofessional. Change the transition of the page effect to nothing, this fading to and from pages doesn't suit this site.

Interested to see more of it as and when you do it though. : - )

Comment

• orilyn
            Corporal

• Sep 2007

I'll take blonde over idiot LOL

Thanks for the feedback, will definitely change the page transitions!!! I actually thought that myself, but wasn't sure how others would see it!!!!

What do you think of the voice intro's? Tacky or quite cool?!?!

Thanks again.... will drop in again when I've done more work...

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

ahh... I didn't even notice the voice intro as at first I didn't stay on the page long enough. Just having looked again I did hear it. Although this is fine, I had to wait a long time before it started. By this time 90% of your viewers will have come off the home page so I don't think many people are going to hear this unless you can speed up the download.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Well, Lyn, I personally cannot figure out why you have an un-related image of a "model" on a site that is supposedly dedicated to professional media management.....that, and the permeating use of animated gifs (obviously from trying to dress up your first "portfolio project -- again, no relevance to your website 'theme' or purpose beyond that particular page) detract significantly from what I personally would think the genre of a professional site should be presented as. Pictures express more than drawings, and create a remembered presentation.

Did you have a Website Plan before you began, or were you in a hurry to simply get the GP stuff up? Often it's best to have your Content published first, and then add 'portfolio' items to support your proposed services to demonstrate ability to fulfill.
                Do you have a professional logo already, or is this your own "first branding"? Often the 'theme' of a website is first developed from the colors, shapes, or identity already in use with a logo or otherwise previously promoted elements.
                Are you planning to have the "traditional" pages added later? If you are still developing Pages and conetnt for those pages, I suggest you make room not only for an About Us page, but possibly a Credentials page, which you can use to list your professional affiliations, resources, and other information that will satisfy visitors demand for credibility.

Once the overall theme is re-thought, I am sure the layout will evolve as well, and compliment your designed website plan as expected! I am looking forward to seeing your next round of efforts, as it seems you have quite a fine niche market to serve!

An example of an advertising/media website I recently unveiled.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Hi, only a personal view. But far to many moving distractions going on. The spinning welcome globe is nearly manic. Most visitors will just leave if they can’t concentrate main content. (when in place)

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X