• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUSIC CITY REPTILES
    Sergeant

• Oct 2007

I think I am done...

K, I am done, I think. LOL I know the 'stock' and the 'comments' pages aren't updated yet but thats going to be a while in coming. The rest should be fully functional. Let me know what you think.

Oops! Haha, I forgot the link, sorry!

Cheryl

www.musiccityreptiles.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: I think I am done...

Pretty neat!

I think you might pull your navigation buttons closer together, which would make things cleaner and crisper (and not so difficult so as to "force" a scroll on visitors).

And....although I know you like the look of the white-on-black....I would suggest some type of "page" formatting....maybe placing a simple rectangle underneath everything to define a page area? You can simply make it as wide as you want (and as long as needed for content areas) and color it a charcoal gray, and then right-click/SEND TO BACK without losing any of your overall theme....it would be easier on the eyes, and be more soothing to the sub-conscious visual acceptance. See an example here on one of my incomplete sites -- how the gray backgrounds help.

Another nifty thing: maybe you would consider also making available a PDF download of your Care Sheet.....you can "brand" it with your logo and have your name and "opportunity" in front of your clients much longer than simply surfing and "printing" (and that wouldn't be much, for with such black backgrounds, people do not like using so much ink).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• MUSIC CITY REPTILES
      Sergeant

• Oct 2007

I am not exactly sure of what you are suggesting witht he rectangle. Sorry but I am completely new to this...
      Cheryl

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

LOL...OK....In BV, "create object" (the icon on top browser bar, next to "import image").....double-click on it to see PROPERTIES....(you can changes color, shape, etc.). I think if you go to change color, and click on the right side the darkest or maybe 2nd darkest gray, this would be fine.
        Now....position the "rectangle" so it covers the "page area" you wish to define (over the text, menu buttons, etc.) and then widen it or narrowing it properly, and then right-click on it, then Send To Back (which puts it under everything...now you can see how having a "delineator" such as a complimentary "page area" helps to make your content and pictures both "pop" and seem 'organized' the way our brain prefers...

Comment

• MUSIC CITY REPTILES
          Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Well I just changed the navigation bar...is that what you meant with that?I will have to work on the other tomorrow night as I have to get some sleep for work tomorrow.
          Cheryl

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Yes....it looks much better being closer, "tighter"....

Did you have a logo, or header? It should go at the top of every page.

One step at a time...you are doing rather well, by the way, and we look forward to your continued progress!

Comment

• MUSIC CITY REPTILES
              Sergeant

• Oct 2007

I am not sure how to make a logo and I didn't see any that I liked from the logo download I had.
              Cheryl

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Try your hand with the LogoMaker built-in to Blue Voda (the letter A icon, lower left side). You can do a lot of neat things with it.....the Tutorial is a must prior to taking a spin!

If you want a professional one done for you (maybe even one with Flash, using some of your reptile images for instance), check out Blue Voda Designer and ProMedia ....both do logos and headers extremely affordable, and ProMedia's Flash headers are the bomb!

Comment

• MUSIC CITY REPTILES
                  Sergeant

• Oct 2007

If you don't mind...take a look at the homepage again and see if this is what you were talking about?
                  Cheryl

Comment

• MUSIC CITY REPTILES
                    Sergeant

• Oct 2007

But flash slows down some peoples loading correct? I know I get irritated when something is too slow to load and I have cable internet (which is fairly fast) and then I just close out the page.
                    Cheryl

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by MUSIC CITY REPTILES View Post
                      If you don't mind...take a look at the homepage again and see if this is what you were talking about?
                      It is a great start, to be sure....I would make the "borders" a lot thinner, and maybe not eve use them for the images placed on the "page" (maybe right-click on the images and enable a size 1 black border only).

I think you get the idea....see how the "page" is now defined, and the color actually compliments your navigation? Coming together nicely....undoubtedly, I have delayed your "finishing" your site by a week, since it seems we quickly get preoccupied with perfection, meaning long nights of miniscule tweaking and playing witho our mice clicking away into the nights.....

LOLOL

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by MUSIC CITY REPTILES View Post
                        But flash slows down some peoples loading correct? I know I get irritated when something is too slow to load and I have cable internet (which is fairly fast) and then I just close out the page.
                        No, not really....Flash headers are primarily specially optimized (if created by professionals and not webby-do-gooders), and drag only for dial-up visitors....smaller files, they load and peform usually before the remainder of the pages! Check out this one example .... (done by ProMedia)

Comment

Working...
                        X