• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CComo55
    Private

• Oct 2007

First Website

Hi Everyone,

I finally have something published. I would appreciate and comments or advice. I know I would like to have the message board open in a new page but haven't found out how to do that yet. I would also like to get an RSS (?) news feed on my website. Any recommendations on who to use would be appreciated as well. Take care,

Chris

www.floridaschoolteachers.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: First Website

Good for you, Chris!

I used to live in Tarpon Springs, and used to teach In Illinois also, so I am still keen on both!

I would think having your "Forum" link more clearly defined would serve you much better (even using 'Message Board' sound more like a bulletin board rather than "Forum", "Online Commuity" or even "Open Exchange Areas"). Maybe a more prominently colored button higher up in the left nav area, or a proper Menu system across the top??

>> To make any link open in a new browser, click on that link (or 'highlight' it) and then using the hyperlink tool icon top of the BV workpage, 1) type in your destination URL; 2) select the TARGET as "_blank"; 3) and then OK so when clicked it opens a completely new browser window.

Good to see more independent support for our Teachers and educational systems emerging.....without having to be asked or required!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• CComo55
      Private

• Oct 2007

Re: First Website

Thank you for the advice. We are struggling down here. Housing is well over 200,000 for 1500 sq.feet yet our salary is starting at 35,000 with a 350 dollar raise each year. There is also no incentive to go further with our education since we only get a 2800 dollar increase if we get our Masters Degree. It is so pathetic. That is why we are ranked 38th in the US in education and why more and more teachers are leaving the field.
      Ok, enough of my ranting. LOL

Chris

PS: I love going to Tarpon Springs! What a great town!

Comment

Working...
      X