New Candle Website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Candle Website!

it is not finished yet, lots more to add but wanted to go ahead and get it online and see what everyone thinks. check it out!

www.easternstarcandles.com

Re: New Candle Website!

I do not care for the animated background, personally. Too busy on the eyes, and much to ask of visitors that expect something completely different, generally...

Your main image needs to be run through the pixresizer to reduce file size....it is too large, and impedes proper loading in all 6 browsers (IE, FF, Slim, AOL, MSN, and ACT).

You need to do the basics of configuring Page attributes (titles, Meta, Descriptions, etc.) to begin developing proper construct and pre-optimization techniques.

Some of your content needs further depth to be more conforming (like in contact, maybe an address to send orders to with checks, etc.; explain your Purchase Policy in detail, etc.).

Ever consider an About Us page?

Should add a Privacy Policy, Copyright declaration, and smaller things.

It is good to see you have tightly planned your layout and navigation....I am sure that when you are nearer to a final version, it will be awesome! Good job!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

A lot of work went into your site, I agree with using the pix-resizer, it's really easy,(if you have not already), even I did it.

Shane.

www.huavco.com

Comment

Hi, ditto with Vasili. On the images, try not to use the blue handles it will distort the images, use the pixresizer & look to choose a new physical image size as well.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi bamagirl.
          Want to wish you good luck with your site and happy pouring!
          Your products are very cool!
          Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

I agree with the pix resizer . I took a while to load the pics. I woould maybe suggest the contact us have a web form or anlink to send an email. The candles look good enought o eat.:)
            ~Brenda~
            check us out on the web
            www.martinsradiusmoulding.com

Comment

Hey

Your site is looking good but the pictures did take a while to load. I don't mind the background looks okay.

But hey I do have to say them candles look good enough to eat. Great work.
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

there is a problem when you go to the check out page and try to return to do more shopping, you get an error message.
                Yes them pies do look good enoughto eat.
                Maybe a disclaimer for them dumd kids.....do not eat candle, or your stomach will glow......ha ha
                John

Comment

hey, thanks for telling me ill go check it out and see whats wrong. do you remember which pie you was on that done it?

Comment

Looks yummy :)

Just a few suggestions, take em or leave em :)

To me the star background is a bit distracting....maybe because there is a lot of empty space on the right. The star buttons seems a bit distorted. Let me know if you want me to make you some graphics, free of course. I'm not busy with my site right now so I can make a few high res graphics to work with.

Now link wise...when I click on the wholesale link and then try to click back on the home page I get this message
                    Not Found

The requested URL /index1.html was not found on this server.
                    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But all the other navgiations work fine. I'm still messing with some navigation on my own site so I know it can be a pain.

I too would love to see an "about us" page, etc.....Also would be great to either add the prices to the pages so ppl know what they are paying or create a page with a price list, this way they dont have to go all the way to paypal for the price.

Comment

thanks for letting me know the link doesn't work. Oh yeah! i forgot all about the prices on the pages. so much to try and think about when putting one together. i would love to have some of your graphics, what is your website i would like to go to it.
                      bamagirl485

Comment

Make your links smaller

Comment

email me at danielle@yourlittlestinker.com

I can create some customs for you based on what you need. I do graphic design as you can see from my site, I sell custom cards but always willign to help someone when they need graphics. I have a pretty extensive graphic collection on my external hard drive than can be color customed to what you are envisioning.

Comment

Working...
                          X