X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Site in progress

www.BrownBeanMachines.com
    Account ID: 18940
    I have to finish a few important items such as products and descriptions. I'm waiting for my cost prices on the products so they can be listed. I'm also working on my links and text links.

Thanks for taking a peek
    Randall
    www.SflaMarineRepair.com
    Have a Great day!

Re: Review Site in progress

Hi, off to a good start. Couple of things to have a look at.

Seem to have 2 index pages? Index page has been named index.html & should be just index. When you link back to the home/index page from other pages, it should be just http://www.brownbeanmachines.com .
    The text “Buying Coffee & Espresso Machines” needs to be razed up about 10px to view ok in Fire Fox.

In the center panel, the images at the bottom may look better on a white background by adding another shape around 570x???px just under all the images. Might work on the right side as well.

Many of the images need optimizing & not to use the blue handles for reducing the size. Its distorting the images, but would also help the page loading. The ones on this page is an example. http://www.brownbeanmachines.com/coffeemakers.html

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

The Products and contact us button links do not work but it looks good.
      ~Brenda~
      check us out on the web
      www.martinsradiusmoulding.com

Comment

Hey your site has a great look and you have done a lot of hard work.

I would suggest moving the Blue Voda Banner to the bottom of the page. I love Blue Voda but you don't want people leaving your page before they have had a good look at your products first. Once they have browsed your site then they might have a glance at the BV Banner.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi! Lots looking good - but a couple things.

I agree about the banner. I choose not to use it - and to put a discreet text link on the bottom of my page - but whichever way you do it - that's not really something the average customer to your site will be there for - so move it down and use that valuable real estate for things on your own site - or maybe a testimonial.

Next - you have bolded ALL the text on the page. Are you saying that everything you say is just as important? You need to make most of the text not bold - and then bold words to allow to pull out the important keywords and to help people skim. The text as it is now - is impossible for me to comfortably read - or to want to read. And, just because you ran pictures down the side, you don't want the entire center to be text, text text - without anything to liven it up. Maybe even take the picture you put under it and put that on the center of the page and wrap text around - or put it to the side of the 2nd or 3rd paragraph. You need visuals to keep things lively. Same as the bold can't be everywhere. And within that text you need to make some of your keywords links to the other pages.

You are trying to optimize for your name - when no one searching knows your name - so I think you'd be better off using your name a tad less - and getting the other words better optimized. Same in the title - you give your name as the most important - when if you want it in the title - make it last - get the BEST keyword phrase FIRST.

And the picture of the bean - why not crop it - so that it's evenly in the frame - instead of all that extra space on the left?

You have a great start.

Another hint - get rid of as many instances of the word "we" or "our" etc - and change those to "you" "yours" etc. An example - the Grinders page starts with "We offer". That sentence can be turned around with "You've found the world's leading coffee grinders."

Oh, you left in a bunch of text here - ouch "This is where you will add content to your home page. When you are ready, erase this sample text and enter in information about your website. The welcome paragraph does not have a set length or format. It should be long enough to tell customers what you sell & the benefit of purchasing from your site over another site selling the same product. The Home page should be about welcoming customers to your site and informing them of your product line so that they"

Notice your bold LOL

OKies, enough for now -
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'm checking back to see if I could get another review
            It's been while...
            Trying to keep busy adding products, What a job in Bluevoda!

Randall
            www.SflaMarineRepair.com
            Have a Great day!

Comment

Randall

I notice on some of your links in nav bar you have coded wrong.. you have www.domainname.com.product.html when is should be a slash/product.html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks

I'm going through the links tonight and correcting them.

Why is it taking so long for the site to publish? almost 4min.?

Got any other site issues? Let's have it!

Randall
                www.SflaMarineRepair.com
                Have a Great day!

Comment

Working...
                X