• Show
Clear All

• Site Review

http://www.yourlittlestinker.com

Thanks!

Danielle

Re: Site Review

Hi Danielle

Great site, you have done a lot of hard work. It Navigates well and loads reasonably quick. The only page I could see that needs attention is the Amazon Shop. You may need to delete the cute picture on the left to let the full Amazon page to dislay.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Danielle
      Phil is right, lots of hard work here.
      Colors, graphics - nice choices.
      Some comments:
      1. Product - I had a difficult time figuring out what it is that you are selling. I mean, the Amazon store has a lot of products, but when I first clicked on the site all I was reading about was the timing of the ordering. Even after scrolling down, I had to look to see the subject .. didn't jump out at me.

It is said that you keep or lose site visitors in the first few seconds after they land on your site, so you might consider stating not only the name of the product, custom cards or whatever, but adding some cute examples, eye catching, to get the visitors attention and interest piqued.

2. Font - The font you have chosen is somewhat hard to read at that size. A sans serif font like Arial or Verdana are easier to read small, but if you really like the one you have, it should be a little larger for those of us who no longer have young eyes.

3. Browser - I see you have suggested the site is best viewed through Firefox, rather than Explorer. I understand your issues, but the average internet shopper has no clue what you are talking about here.

If you look at your Awstats in your control panel you will be able to see what browser is most commonly used by your customers, and do your design accordingly.
      As an example, one of the sites I am working on currently has 62% of viewers using Explorer, and only 25% using Firefox. Consequently, I desing in IE and tweak it for Firefox, for the best look possible.

4. Your Amazon Store - As Phil said, the full page isn't showing, in either Firefox or IE7, anyway. If you include your graphic in your header instead of placing it on the side, maybe that would work for you. At it stands all the products on the right side of the screen are cut off.

5. Spacing - Have a fresh set of eyes go over your text as there are a couple of spacing errors, for example ofcourse instead of 'of course.

I like your site, and I like your product.

Good Luck.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thank you!

Product - I will add some samples today and make it more appealing to the eye and show the product, and maybe add a "Shop Now" button to the home page that is more visible.

Font - I'll fix up my font :) Its good to have other eyes see it.

Browser - I have actually fixed the issue at hand. THe initial problem was my larger images in my products were breaking the template in IE, but I have since reduced the size of them from 600px to 550px so now it doesnt break, so I need to remove the note about using Firefox over IE.

Amazon Store - I'm not sure what to do with it. Amazon wont let me tailor the store width so I might remove it altogether

Spacing - I'm gonna have my grammar nut of a husband look it over and fix what spacing and/or typos I have.

Liz, I took a look at your website and see what you mean on being straight to the point about the site. I tried Slide.com but it was slow and kinda dragged the site I noticed. I dont know how to do flash at all, bit of a HTML dope, but I'll figure some way to show the product. I'll post up when I have made the changes :)

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by naleenasmom View Post
          Thank you!

Product - I will add some samples today and make it more appealing to the eye and show the product, and maybe add a "Shop Now" button to the home page that is more visible.

Font - I'll fix up my font :) Its good to have other eyes see it.

Browser - I have actually fixed the issue at hand. THe initial problem was my larger images in my products were breaking the template in IE, but I have since reduced the size of them from 600px to 550px so now it doesnt break, so I need to remove the note about using Firefox over IE.

Amazon Store - I'm not sure what to do with it. Amazon wont let me tailor the store width so I might remove it altogether

Spacing - I'm gonna have my grammar nut of a husband look it over and fix what spacing and/or typos I have.

Liz, I took a look at your website and see what you mean on being straight to the point about the site. I tried Slide.com but it was slow and kinda dragged the site I noticed. I dont know how to do flash at all, bit of a HTML dope, but I'll figure some way to show the product. I'll post up when I have made the changes :)

Thanks everyone!
          Have a look at http://www.picturetrails.com
          You can make several different kinds of slide shows free - look at their Photo Flicks. Some of them are quite clever, and they have good instructions how to get the show on your site. (they give you the html and you put in a html box - cool, huh?)
          There are other options, but this might be a way to showcase your stuff.
          good luck
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Thanks! Question. Right now their are total of 164 products, more added daily, usually depends on how much design time I have. However, how many samples would be a good amount to show in the slide show? There are 12 different categories of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by naleenasmom View Post
              Thanks! Question. Right now their are total of 164 products, more added daily, usually depends on how much design time I have. However, how many samples would be a good amount to show in the slide show? There are 12 different categories of cards.
              Most of the picturetrails ones have a limit of 8 or 12 or like that. Maybe one from each category? or maybe just 8 or so, but have some text that says something tantalizing - you know - "here is just a sample of what we we do - Look here to see more!" with a link to your page with categories..or something like that - could be someone in marketing might have another idea, but that is what I think as a shopper might work..
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I was just thinking how about some catchy text and then put what I have on the Shop Now page on the home page? I can make the buttons smaller. Right now on the Shop Now page there is the sub menu but I have also graphics that when clicked on go to the pages.....I can also put samples as well.

Comment

For some bizarre reason whenever I try to put the slideshow up using the html code it doesnt show up, only the buttons for picture trail show up.

Comment

I think the site is great!

Easy to navigate and not overloaded with information.

Cnly thing I would do is center your live help button below the text.

Comment

ok, I got the slideshow working on the home page and changed the font to Arial and added an additional "shop now" button as well.

Comment

I like this Danielle!
                        Liz
                        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Hi Danielle,

I peeked at your site yesterday, and I felt much as described by Liz's point #1 above. Now, I can actually look, understand, and enjoy!

One thing I would change, would be to move slideshow up, so it is seen first thing, without scrolling down, and moving "Shop Now" lower, as they won't shop till they see the goods anyway!

Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks! I'm not too worrie about the shop now being lower to pull them down to click on it. I provided the extra link in case they missed the "Shop Now" in the horizontal menu. Plus the slideshow only contains 30 or so images in a 160+ card collection and new are added as I design which is everyday. Once the site builder goes back up I'll see what it looks like when I move it up maybe next to the text and move the shop now link below it. Its all about the customer perception so I love the feedback everyone has given.

Comment

Working...
                            X